Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 328 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:23:47 PM PDT
I have a Kindle that is about 1 year old and I love it. But I turned it on this morning and part of the screen is blocked and will not go away. I have rebooted and still the same. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 2:28:10 PM PDT
I am having the same problem. Any solutions?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 2:28:55 PM PDT
If the re-boot didn't work, it's time to call Customer Service.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 7:42:42 AM PDT
Noel says:
I have a kindle touch and the text to speech is not working. It worked fine with my previous kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 8:34:38 AM PDT
I had this issue. I rebooted and it worked fine - maybe worth a try.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 10:16:58 AM PDT
cath46 says:
why are there so many typo's and grammar errors in some of the kindle books? some of them are outrageous!!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 3:51:56 PM PDT
W. frew says:
some letters on my keyboard have stopped working so cannot access anything as some are in my pass word.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 4:07:23 PM PDT
@W. frew: For an e-ink screen Kindle: Try a hard reboot - hold the power switch in the 'on' position for 30 seconds (count them) and then wait until the Kindle reboots - that will take some minutes. Unplug it from any power source and don't touch any keys until it reboots.

If that does not help,then contact CS.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:47:55 PM PDT
My kindle is stuck in sleep mode, have tried holding start button in for 30 seconds the light stays green for 10/12 flashes then goes out. Any thoughts???

Roger

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 11:40:01 PM PDT
Denis Powell says:
You could try connecting it to your Computer using the USB cable and view the contents using Windows Explorer. That alone has reportedly worked in some instances, but when it happened to my KK3G I copied the contents of the Documents folder to my Laptop and then deleted it from the Kindle, ejected it and it's worked perfectly ever since. I think, for me, the problem may well have been keeping too many books on it.

Otherwise Customer Services is your best option - click on Help at the very top of this page.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 5:16:51 PM PDT
deemadere says:
This doesn't work

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 6:40:48 PM PDT
LI joe says:
Cable used to recharge battery is disintegratating,white insulation is flaking off.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 6:46:45 PM PDT
LI joe- Contact Customer Service https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html/?nodeId=200127470

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 6:47:18 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Contact Kindle CS (click on Help, then on the "Contact Us" button)--they replaced mine a little while ago.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 7:37:07 PM PDT
momof2 says:
I have been having problems with my kindle for over a month. Some of my books would contain no body just the title at top and the page numbers on the bottom. It also freezes all the time... While I read longer than 20 minutes or play games... Does anyone have this problem? I even just did a factory reset and I think it is happing again.. I am so mad. I loved my kindle when it worked. I just need to look on the bright side I asked my husband for amazon prime for mother's day.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 4:55:46 AM PDT
momof2 says:
Now I was reading a book last night and another book just came up.. and it keeps going back to the shelf.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 5:04:42 AM PDT
After having my Kindle for about 3 years it has started acting erratic. When I open to start reading it jumps to end of book and every time I try to go back to where I left off it keeps jumping to Acknowledgements page. Has this happened to anyone else? Very frustrated and wonder if my kindle has just died or if there is anything that can stop it from doing this. Would really like to finish my book!

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 6:46:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 20, 2012 6:49:07 PM PDT
My Kindle keyboard froze Wed night. Nothing I did could unfreeze it. Spoke to Amazon customer service. I bought the 2 year warranty when I bought my kindle almost 2 years ago. Called those folks Thurs night. My new kindle keyboard will be here Tuesday. Only bad thing is that I have to read on my iPad until it arrives. Guess it could be worse.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 11:49:43 AM PDT
Wayne says:
My wife gave me the Kindle for Christmas and I loved it until yesterday. I had just recharged it on my PC. Now it will not reboot. Tried to reboot many times. Nothing comes on.
Any suggestions

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 11:55:01 AM PDT
Wayne says:
My wife gave me the Kindle for Christmas and I loved it until yesterday. I had just recharged it on my PC. Now it will not reboot. Tried to reboot many times. Nothing comes on.
Any suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 11:58:18 AM PDT
Wayne, if it won't reboot then the only option is to contact customer support. We are only customers on this forum.

Click on help in the top menu bar and then the contact us button on the next page. I do suggest using the let Amazon call you if offered. Amazon usually calls within 1 min.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:01:43 PM PDT
Wayne says:
Thanks, I'll get right on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:43:51 PM PDT
Leslie M. says:
Try charging again in the wall. That happened to me once and I had to recharge and then it worked!

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:06:54 PM PDT
E. Phelan says:
My received my kindle as a gift in February 2011. Three days ago it stopped working in the middle of a word game. I now won't keep a charge and when I turn on the power button nothing happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:16:08 PM PDT
I have a new kindlefire and the screen is frozen, can't even turn it off. Battery feels very warm to touch.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 27 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Voyage and Audio 48 5 seconds ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 7261 18 seconds ago
Amazon Kindles die after 1 year 11 2 minutes ago
Which fire for my 80 year old mom? 12 3 minutes ago
Nonsense 13! We're the lucky ones. 2022 4 minutes ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 4023 7 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 8251 11 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 3056 26 minutes ago
Firefly for tablets 6 30 minutes ago
new kindles? 2 47 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  328
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers

Search Customer Discussions