Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Wed. Jan. 9, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 341 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:30:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:01:38 AM PST
Lyn says:
Need my volunteers again.

Should see a word doc for state abbreviations and a word doc for common computer slang

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=46D686309DF8EC54!304&authkey=!AI1-59L9q8AbjRA

ETA and birthdays /anniversaries

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:32:53 AM PST
Yum, coffee and apple cake to start the day. Thank you for the start Courtney. One positive thing about me: I am a detail oriented perfectionist in some areas, mainly work. Possibly others don't see this so positively at times, but oh well.

From my wishlist this morning:
Slickrock (Gail McCarthy Mystery) - Laura Crum - Mystery/Thriller ("Cutter" previously offered free0
Hope's Discovery (THE MATCHMAKER TRILOGY) - Bernadette Marie - Romance ("Encore Performance" and "Matchmakers" previously offered free)

Some of my picks this morning - hopefully not too many duplicates, some of you have already been busy this morning:
Greg Tenorly Suspense Series Boxed Set - Robert Burton Robinson - Mystery/Thriller
Deadly Lode (Trace Brandon Novel) - Randall Reneau - Mystery/Thriller
The Songs of Slaves - David Rodgers - Historical Fiction
Snaggler's Paradise (Wickedly funny... Mark Rainstone Reviews) - Jeff Davis - Contemporary Fiction
Stone of Destiny - Thor Stonewell - Action/Adventure
Blood Legacy (Legacy Series) - Marianne Morea - Romance
Tennessee Touch, Sisters of Spirit #6 - Nancy Radke - Romance (several from this series previously offered free)
Gifts from Unfaithful Women - David Franks - Literary Fiction

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:34:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:36:07 AM PST
Wyoming I would never tell your kindle about your extra ereader affairs lol.

I wish I could be monagomous as well but alas the new models just catch my eye and steal my heart lol ( not to mention my pocket book !) I feel much like Hugh Hefner these days.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:35:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:36:52 AM PST
Lyn says:
@WyRenegade
It was funny.

I posted this late last night - the video is, well, for those who deal with snow, you might appreciate more. Then again, maybe those of us who don't would :)

Laughs

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=128123684016060

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=539084469436525&set=a.380982625246711.96387.144797732198536&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4996659275772&set=a.1296412931926.2045029.1278440141&type=1&theater

go hawks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:36:16 AM PST
Wow - so much work you go to for us Robb. They both look great! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:39:12 AM PST
Lyn says:
Trust you are not in an ark building mode down in Oregon. Bailey needed his rubber boots this morning :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:39:36 AM PST
Grammiam says:
Went to Famous Footwear site just now, put in my width and size and this is what came up... (Nothing in-store, web only)...

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Womens/Black/_/_/Size+10.0+Womens-Width+Extra+Extra+Wide_E+or+2E+or+3E+or+4E+or+3W/Products.aspx

I am used to this.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:50:09 AM PST
NC Red Rose says:
I have been told that I am the queen of redirection. LOL . I' m also good at crocheting, and cooking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:52:36 AM PST
@Arieswoman

I was having the same problem. I knew I had "purchased" this before but no yellow banner, so grabbed it again. I just double checked again with your link and no yellow banner still. I just downloaded it to my Cloud Reader so at least there is a copy somewhere.
Spooky!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:56:48 AM PST
Arieswoman says:
@WYR
This has happened before to me. Then I have to find the purchase date and "dig" through my Kindle purchases. Spooky is right!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:58:55 AM PST
With finding something positive about myself... hm.... I used to play in a bunch of different hair bands, back in the 80's, (when I had hair... :)). Now I truly enjoy being the bass player in a family, (I love my in-laws.:)) full of musicians, southern gospel/country band. Nothing on a major scale, but I feel like my bloodstream is flowing again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:04:12 AM PST
Sounds like you need to plan a trip to Oregon so I can take you to Jay's Wide Shoes. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:05:18 AM PST
I'm being lazy this morning - DH went to work with son so I'm on my own to walk today. Not building the ark yet but I might need to find my hip boots. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:07:11 AM PST
Everything looks good here, Robb. Was able to open them all. Thanks for being the keeper of files!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:07:40 AM PST
TerryInTexas says:
Well, Or Fiddler, I may need to stick the oars out the window of the Fit to get through some of our intersections. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:09:10 AM PST
So nice to know Terry that Robb didn't send it all to us. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:10:32 AM PST
Yes, I have seen this video before. I friend of mine of Florida sent it to me and said "What's that stuff? From aliens?" LOL Unfortunately we are not getting much snow yet this year. We had a little for Christmas at least. Really hoping it dumps on us in February like they are saying, we really need the moisture.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:11:03 AM PST
KaJoLa says:
Arieswoman - I got that one (Delivered With Love) in Sept 2011. I found it in MYK after waiting long enough for all of my books to load.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:12:38 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
Gram, have you tried men's shoes? you should be about a size 8 and most come in 2E & 3E as well. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:18:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:20:21 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
@Robb - pulled them all up just fine on PC and iphone (which I would think is ok on iPad as well).

ETA: Thank you for adding me to the Birthdays even though I didn't ask. Makes me think I am really part of the group. Y'all can't get rid of me now!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:20:47 AM PST
Courtney says:
WYRenegrade I don't read on my phone anymore. Spouse got me a kindle fire because he didn't like me reading on my phone. I just haven't deleted the books yet. Haha.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:21:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:22:58 AM PST
Hello all and thanks for starting Courtney. I have been thinking ... and thinking... trying to come up with a positive trait. The one that keeps popping back into my head is hard to define with a "word". Since I was young (started around my teen years), people have always "unloaded" their problems to me and/or sought advice. Now why they thought I would know anymore than they did is beyond me. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is strangers or people I know, I just seem to have a flashing light on my forehead that says.. "tell me... tell me". If I had $1 for every time I had heard..."I can't believe I told you that.. I have never told anyone about that"....I would be rich. <g>
I don't mind listening and rarely can come up with a solution, but it seems that just talking about something that is bothering them is most times enough to help. (thank goodness lol)
So I guess "listening" would be the correct term for my positive thing. :)

@Robb and Fiddler

No rain here yet... just misty and drippy at the moment, so the hip waders are still in the closet for now. <g>

Marilyn

edit: speeling

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:34:53 AM PST
Lyn says:
FB quote (Seafair is a hydroplane race and if you have to ask what a hydroplane is....)

I was hydroplaning so much on the drive to work that I could have qualified for Seafair! Be careful out there this morning ..

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:41:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:43:26 AM PST
Thank you Courtney for starting us today!! I am kinda going backwards today. Usually I post my picks and then go back and read the discussion but not today! LOL You will probably see some duplicates here.
When thinking of a positive thing, the one thing I am good at is Excel. I love Microsoft Excel and can do almost anything with it. My DH, coworkers, and past co-workers still call me to help them with their spreadsheets.

Mysteries:
The Heart of Lies, A Paradise Valley Mystery: Book Two
Past Imperfect: A John McIntire Mystery (John McIntire Mysteries)
Honor Code (A Mystery Novella)

Cooking:
Cookie Indulgence: 150 Easy Cookie Recipes
Recipes From Home (Simple and Easy Recipes for a New Cook) This one went straight to my iPad, I can't cook to save my life, except for spaghetti LOL

Self-Help:
What Is The Secret of Gratitude?-How to Attain an Attitude of Gratitude (What Is?)
I'll Put 3 Chips On G_d - just in case there is one
Self Defense: The Psychology of Attack and Survival (How To Defend Yourself and Survive In Any Dangerous Situation) (Self Defense Psychology)
Hmm interesting combination here... LOL

ETD

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:47:48 AM PST
Thank you Irish M! I was posting way past my bedtime this morning. LOL
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions