Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

free ebooks on ghosts, horror, occult, terror,

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:01:26 AM PST
Godiva says:
So glad to have found this thread. Thanks for sharing!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 5:02:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 5:04:56 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Godiva:) Glad you found us too! Spread the word. Who said there was no free lunch? Ha! I'm like a kid in a candy store on these hundreds and hundreds free ebooks each day. Some are better than others and I try my best to give you the best of the best and read Look Inside. If this grabs me I post it. It's got to have a good title, good cover, and good content. If it grabs my attention I'll look. Kind of reminds of Blink by Malcolm Bradwell.

Here are some more Freebies for 2/28/2012

The Lonesome Child on Wysocki StreetEarl has designs on a family. In fact, he has his eyes on Mike and Kerry Seaton's family. Day after day is spent staked out near their home to learn everything he can about them so he can have the family he has always dreamed of. What he doesn't anticipate is the ghostly secret that is unknown to everyone involved. The secret lures him back to his stakeout spot even though he longs to turn away.

This is a short story.

"It's an all-too-rare surprise and delight, in the independent press, to discover writing as strong and evocative as Derek Clendening's. This is a writer whose work I look forward to reading more of, and whose career I look forward to following."

Michael Rowe, author of Enter, Night

ZOMBIES!!! (Complete Biography of 14 of the World's Most Popular Walking Undead)Are zombies real? Where do they come from? A Zombie, in a general description, is a non-living person who has lost his or her sense of identity or self-awareness, and is only interested in the consumption of any living organism around, no matter what the cost.

Overall, MOST are not a very intelligent group of creatures, but tend to make up for this deficiency in mass numbers. A lot of people have mixed ideas of what zombies actually look like. Some people believe zombies are bloody creatures with missing limbs and such, however a zombie can look just like a normal person, a person that has simply been bitten.

One thing is almost certainly true in every zombie tale, if you're bitten by one, you will become one. The state of "zombieism" is almost always severely contagious, and often tends to spread like wildfire.

This book provides a complete biography of several well-known types of Zombies with pictures of each.

The next one Clowns looks really good, based on a true story, and has a creepy cover! It's downloaded!

Clown in the MoonlightCLOWN IN THE MOONLIGHT is based in part on the true story of Ricky Kasso, the so-called Acid King, who murdered a friend in the Northport woods back in '84 claiming Satan told him to do it, then proceeded to bring high school classmates to view the mutilated body for days afterward. Occult, hardboiled, and noir matters enter the mix as a nameless drifter teaches Ricky and friends what the true nature of hell is really all about. Extras include the first chapter of Tom's forthcoming Bantam hardcover THE LAST KIND WORDS (due out June 5), the first chapter of his digital-only dark fantasy novel NIGHTJACK, and the short horror story "Shadder."

UPCOMING NOVEL: "THE LAST KIND WORDS"

From International Thriller Writers Award winner and Edgar Award nominee Tom Piccirilli comes a mesmerizing suspense novel that explores the bonds of family and the ways they're stretched by guilt, grief, and the chance for redemption.

Clowns remind of Wayne Gacy!!

The next one Charnel House looks really good!

Charnel House. Short Story.A man has moved into a haunted house, but just how far will he be willing to go to protect himself from danger?

Charnel House is a 5,500 word short story written to commemorate the 100th short story posted on the blog Alanjameskeogh.wordpress.com

It is not included in the Whispers in the Shadows series.

To read a two really, really good stories try In the Walls of Eryx by H.P. Lovecraft and don't ready or research anything on it and Pigeons From Hell by Robert E. Howard.
The Best of Robert E. Howard Volume 2: Grim Lands Page 281.

Enjoy!!

Here's a bonus for today---Not free but worth every penny-----The Other RoomThe Other Room is a collection of weird horror fiction, containing twelve stories of the uncanny and the surreal.

A naive student finds that his crumbling bedsit can be as haunted as any Gothic mansion.
A man stumbles across another world which is the mirror image of his own.
A young woman who everyone thinks is beautiful wonders why, given what she sees in the mirror each morning.

Influenced by writers such as Ramsey Campbell, Shirley Jackson, and Robert Aickman these tales, like all good horror stories, are as much about the psychology of the protagonist as the fate that awaits them.

The Other Room contains both new and previously published stories that will challenge your conceptions of horror and literary fiction.

Tales of Occult Horror: Real-life Encounters with the Supernatural
.99 cents Feel a profound sense of dread at the supernatural horrors that scratch at the surface of our world. This collection of thirteen true stories casts a dazzling light upon the dark realms of witchcraft and the occult. Read of frightening real-life encounters with apparitions, arcane magic, demons, poltergeists, and possessions. Inside are chronicles of several notorious locations, with unrivalled levels of detail and length. Discover the black magic mysteries of Clapham Wood - marvel at the supernatural phenomenon at Dudley Castle - and shudder with fear at the entities that stalk the corridors at Littledean Hall. An evil eye gazes on Coalhouse Fort - Pendle Hill - Whittington Castle - and Denny Abbey.

Peter Drake and T.M. Simmons are my two very favorite writers of true ghost stories and paranormal....Ghost Hunting Diary Volume II (Ghost Hunting Diaries)
This second collection of ghost hunting diaries is another selection from those T. M. Simmons kept during her twenty-plus years of adventures in the paranormal world. Naked Ghost, Oh, My! evolved from her encounter with Patrick at the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. That experience led to her second paranormal mystery, Dead Man Haunt, now also available in e-book format. Dead Time Ghosts is a tale of a happening at her own haunted house. Purity Perfidy relates the story of another house cleansing where ghosts bothering a child were successfully sent on their way. April Showers of Ghosts and Summer Solstice Ghost Hunt are cemetery investigations, wherein the investigators find proof of spirit communication. Shades of the Wild Wild West is another scary tale during a cemetery investigation, where one of her friends is attacked by an evil entity. In this volume, she has also added a couple extras for your enjoyment. These stories are true, and she hopes you also enjoy the excerpt from Dead Man Haunt, the fictional paranormal mystery included at the end.

Worth every penny! Enjoy! Keep the lights on[:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:31:09 PM PST
Thank you, Barbarian! Question for you-how did your interest in ghosts and the occult come about?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:02:37 PM PST
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 3:06:16 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Charlene:

My interests in scary stuff got started in a similar fashion as Robert E. Howard in that my grandmother told me ghost stories when I was a young boy. I'll never forget them. She also pulled out a Ouiji Board and had me participate. Me being so young and thinking it was some kind of game I thought she was moving the planchette after asking the questions because I sure wasn't. I've never touched one again. T.M. Simmons and Peter Drake both concur that messing with the Ouiji Board trying to contact a loved one can bring in something else that's evil from another dimension.

I believe there are good and bad spirits and have experienced both. The main thing is that I believe in Jesus Christ who can whip any evil spirit. I purchased the book Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back and believe what is written. Also Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon--Survival of Bodily Death is another one of my favorites. One of my best friends experienced death and was brought back to life eight times during open heart surgery via a defribulator. He shared with me his experiences that are similiar to what Dr. Moody writes about. I have reviewed both of these books.

My favorite shows growing up were Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Night Gallery, and the old Boris Karloff scary movies.

Ok - Quid Quo Pro Clarice I mean Charlene[:} What was the catalyst that got you interested into scary stuff?

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 4:11:16 PM PST
how can I play audio on youtube in one tab while I'm in another tab?

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 4:14:13 PM PST
how can I listen to audio that is on youtube while I'm in another tab?

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 4:25:51 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Freebies 2/29/2012

This first one is based on a true story - Suffer a Witch - Just downloaded it! Eleven customer reviews and all Fives *****

Suffer a WitchDecades before the Salem trials, a brutal witch craze sweeps England during the civil war of the 1640s. When young Puritan zealot Matthew Hopkins, self-styled Witch-finder General, meets the power of folk magic in spirited Pippa Wylde, the daughter of a village "cunning-woman," the two are swept into a battle for survival of body and soul. Inspired by the shocking true story of an event that led to the hanging deaths of hundreds of accused witches, Suffer a Witch brings to life a disturbed killer lurking in the pages of history.

Night MonstersIn the 1950's, in southern California, orange groves grew. Amidst their sunshine and shade existed magic-two kinds of magic. One was evil.

Haunting Moments"Living with the loss of her husband and their eight year old daughter, Natalie; Naomi Watkins, a successful novelist of the Super natural genre, has started receiving some threatening, anonymous letters. At first, she ignores them, as their frequency and violent nature increases, Naomi decides to try and investigate who is behind the letters. Asking herself why someone appears to be out to get her.
Naomi begins to feel like she is living in one of her novels as a paranormal force gathers around her and starts to take over her life. She is soon caught up in her own private version of hell, where her stalker is only one step behind her. At first Naomi goes to the local police station and the police investigate and when she feels that nothing is being done to help her she decides to hire a private detective to help.

Martyn Evans, a successful P.I, with a reputation for solving unnatural cases, joins Naomi in the search for her stalker. Together they confront the `stalker' with the help of a medium. After a tragic event during which the medium is injured, Naomi and Martyn feel that whatever is causing this needs to be exorcised. As the two begin to get close, the entity begins to intensify its attacks. It is decided that they need to look into the history of the property and the people who lived in Naomi`s house to discover the truth behind the `mysterious room' underneath the house. As they look deeper into the house`s past, Naomi and Martyn discover a dark and terrible secret about the previous owner and how she was connected to the disappearances of several neighbourhood children. Will they discover the truth in time?

These Strange Worlds: Fourteen Dark TalesIf You Go Down to the Woods ..... A Dean Witch ProjectInspired by the film, 'The Blair Witch Project', a group of local writers decided to explore the scary legends of the Forest of Dean. The last witch trial in Gloucestershire was held in the Forest in 1906, making it the perfect setting for its very own Witch Project. The fifteen intrepid writers interviewed owners of pubs and haunted houses, unearthed the spirits of mysterious wells and pools, ancient standing stones, and the eerie industrial heritage of mines and mills. They visited castles and churches, uncovered ghosts of soldiers, murderers and old poets. They also researched Big Cat and wild boar sightings, not to mention the ghostly goings-on of a famous rock band in a forest castle. The Book, If You Go Down To The Woods....A Dean Witch Project, is crammed with photos and spooky stories from all over the Forest. The reader can experience these chilling legends through the eyes of fictional characters who travel the dark side of the Dean and brave its supernatural mysteries.

Doctor's Who Kill: The Stories of 7 Doctors Convicted of Murder
This book tells the fascinating true stories of 7 deadly doctors from the journals of history.

Insight into these insane doctors past and why they killed patients, neighbors and even family members. Some were even classified as serial killers.

Dr. Kavorkian is in here. These are true stories. It's downloaded!

The next one looks really good! It's downloaded!

Walking At Night: A Collection of HorrorA childhood evil thought long dead reawakens. In the deep, dark woods death methodically stalks its prey. A strange mirror found in an unknown cave is much more than it appears to be. The perfect plan takes an unexpected turn, while death comes for everyone in frighteningly different shapes and forms. A tortured survivor quests endlessly for atonement that may never come. Strange and terrifying creatures that shouldn't exist, do.

These are some of the chilling and speculative themes found in Brian J. Jarrett's Walking At Night: A Collection of Horror. A work some fifteen years in the making, this collection features some of the author's darkest themes and some of his strangest worlds yet imagined. This collection will take readers on nine suspense-filled trips to the dark side of humanity and to places beyond the realm of science and reason.

(approx. 56,000 words)

Story-by-story:

Old Man Miller's Dog
A man struggles to contain a horror from his childhood he thought he'd left behind.

The Ice Cream Man
A serial killer's penance is delivered by a monster from his past.

The Thing in the Shed
It shouldn't be alive, but it is. It's trapped in a shed...and it wants out.

Walking at Night
A young man trapped along a country road in the darkest of nights encounters his worst nightmare.

Otto's House
The dark woods behind a young woman's house hold a horror far worse than she could ever imagine.

Death Hollow
A dying old man recounts his tale of meeting death...and living to tell.

The Double-Cross
The perfect murder takes an unexpected turn.

Reflection
Four teenage boys stumble upon what appears to be a strange mirror inside a boarded-up cave. What they discover is not a mirror at all, and what's behind it might kill them all.

The Hidden and the Haunted
Cursed with horrific visions of murder, a man tirelessly searches for his missing sister and the atonement he so desperately needs.

Paranormal JourneysThey lurk in the darkest corners of a forgotten cemetery, within the shadows of a forlorn country hotel, among the swaying branches surrounding Devil Worshippers Mountain and inside the long corridors of an abandoned hospital. They are watching us, trying to make contact from the other side. They exist within a world between ours and the next. Take this journey with paranormal investigator Paul Cagle as he encounters supernatural phenomena while searching for the ultimate truth. It is a journey you will never forget.

Downloaded and first one I'm reading - true stuff!

Some really good ones! Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 4:45:42 PM PST
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 12:15:24 AM PST
Alina says:
Barbarian, have you seen the movie The Whole Wide World. A very underrated, touching movie biopic of Robert E. Howard's life. Vince D'Onofrio plays Howard - how can you go wrong? I highly recommend it.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 6:13:59 AM PST
Thank you, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 5:17:04 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Hi Alina:) Yes, Yes! I've seen The Whole Wide World about Robert E. Howard and the last two to three years of his life with girlfriend Novalyn Price Ellis - Vincent play Robert's role really good and so did Renee Zellweger who portrayed Novalyn; One Who Walked Alone: Robert E. Howard the Final Years Thank you for mentioning this as it's much appreciated because I'm a big fan of REH works; Blood and Thunder: The Life and Art of Robert E. Howard

Robert wrote quite a bit of horror stories and probably his scariest one is Pigeons From Hell. It was shown on Thriller with Boris Karloff and can be viewed on Netflix Episode 36 on this website ---- http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Thriller/70157146?trkid=2361637#height1463 Really good actors and very scary even in black and white.

To view a short intro to Pigeons From Helll please YouTube ----http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38gnfPoAzI

For another scary story by REH one of my favorites is Man On The Ground.
Thanks again Alina as I can talk about Robert E. Howard all day!

I hope you're a regular here!

Your Friend, Richard

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 6:23:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2012 6:24:32 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/1/2012

I'd like to thank everyone at Amazon[:) for all of these free ebooks at us.kinlib.com. I don't look anywhere else because Kinlib is compatible with my Kindle and I can keep the fonts the size I like. This is really cool. I still purchase ebooks regularly of my favorite authors but it's nice sampling these freebies and finding a diamond in the rough! An Amazon fan forever!! I also purchase regular books, too.

I can't thank my son enough for giving me this Kindle for my birthday last year as he know how much I love to read. He's a lifetime yearly subscriber and gets free shipping on everything. I'm like a kid in a candy store now!

Authors - We Amazon ereaders are looking for the best so give it to us in a short novella/sample freebie and you might have a fan for life! Spread the word. Thank you. This is how I found James Everington, T.M. Simmons, Peter Drake, and more!! I'm purchasing everything they put out except lovey dovey stuff.

This is one of my hobbies by doing this as it's something that's fun and I like helping others. Who knows - Maybe one day I'll be considered an expert and be famous like Siskel and Ebert:)

Authors - If there's nothing in the Look Inside, a corny title, erotica, or the cover doesn't grab my attention I move on as I'm looking for the best. When I first started doing this I put just about everything and anything. Now I'm more selective so if I put your freebie here I'm endorsing you and probably downloaded it, read it, and gave you an honest nice review.

Shining in the Dark - Stephen King: Page to ScreenCarrie. The Shining. Christine. The Shawshank Redemption.

Four of Stephen King's best stories. Four outstanding motion pictures directed by auteurs as diverse as Brian De Palma and Stanley Kubrick.

Since the publication of his first novel in 1974, Stephen King has entertained, enthralled and terrified the world in equal measure. Forty-nine novels and more than three hundred and fifty million copies sold later, he's still going strong. But for a figure who has made such an indelible impact on the landscape of contemporary fiction, King's influence on cinema is equally profound, with hundreds of motion pictures and television productions based on his work; some more loosely than others.

Shining in the Dark focuses on four of King's most seminal works, and the four classic movies they inspired. It examines the themes common to King's work and how these are transferred to celluloid.

Shining in the Dark is an indispensible resource for those studying the books and movies of Stephen King, and a must-read for all fans of the undisputed master of horror.

Also includes a free sample of Gavin Bell's full length novel: HALFWAY TO HELL.

MercyA young man right out of high school visits with his grandfather for a fishing trip. The day starts off bright, but turns into a nightmare from which he might never recover.

Weird TalesRichard Ferguson serves up a gourmet's delight of living, walking, shrieking nightmares.

If you are a connoisseur of heart-pounding terror accompanied by a side dish of the eeriest of whimsy-tales brewed in the outer limits of a great imagination, you couldn't ask for a more frightening menu.

Richard Ferguson has prepared five of his most unsettling short pieces -- bizarre tales of dark doing and unthinkable acts where horror and madness take on weird, unearthly forms . . . where indistinct shapes in the dark and bumps in the night are always signs of something dreadful on the prowl.

The settings are familiar and unsuspected.

RUM AND HORS-D'OEUVRES -- One would hardly think two bankers relaxing on a porch would attract the forces of evil . . . unless one of them practiced the dark arts of Haiti.

THE GENEALOGIST -- When Harry Poindexter sets out to learn about his ancestors, he has no idea what malevolent forces he will unleash.

THE NIGHTRIDER'S SONG -- Doctor Vodun and The Mambo Sisters find out loose lips can sometimes do more than sink ships when their rock group heads for the next gig.

LI FAN'S CAMERA -- Johnny Corbett discovers that sometimes crime not only doesn't pay, it can unlock an unfathomable surprise.

BAEL STUMPE -- When Bael meets his father after thirteen years, he enters the world of madness.

In Richard Ferguson's cookbook, the entrees are always flavored with evil spices.

Elixir of Death"Elixir is a place," Laura murmured, "of unspeakable joy and unspeakable evil, and the journeys we can't avoid taking between them."
Highschool English teacher Darin Hartley becomes fascinated with one of his students, Laura Whitcomb, a girl with a tragic and violent past. When he agrees to read the first chapter of a novel she's written, he doesn't realize those few pages will introduce him to the nightmarish town of Elixir, a place certain government agents don't want him asking any questions about. Yet even if Elixir is no longer on any conventional map, Darin has to find and enter it, because it holds the secret to the restoration of his sanity and happiness.

Great cover and Look inside - elixir of death!! A really great review*****

Losing Time Gaining EternityThese are dark days and nights for Devlin Haddon.
Why has he woken up in the woods covered in blood?
This is a man with secrets from the world and from himself. But he begins to get answers when he is drawn to his cellar beneath the barn; his special room where a skinned body hangs from a beam.

His situation worsens when he meets the dark stranger who takes him to a place that is to become his new home for 'all homes are sacrosanct'.

In the hellscape the truth is revealed, and Devlin meets his new companion, for eternity.

From the writer of MASSIVE ABRASION.

Dracula (Illustrated)This edition of DRACULA by Bram Stoker features the original text, along with Stoker's short story, "Dracula's Guest," beautifully designed and carefully proofed for the Kindle and including several detailed maps and historical illustrations.

Told in a series of first-person missives and reports, and set in 1890s Transylvania and England, DRACULA is the source of every vampire story told in the 20th century, the founding text of the entire genre. Count Dracula, as Jonathan Harker, Lucy Westenra, Mina Murray, and Dr. Von Helsing learn, is a dangerous and powerful creature who's lived for hundreds of years and possesses powers no mortal can claim. Bent on creating legions of Un-Dead followers in populous London, Dracula must be stopped-but how?

Also includes a brief introduction and author bio.

That's it. Congratulations!

Enjoy Folks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 7:00:54 PM PST
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 7:31:39 PM PST
CandyGirlNJ says:
I love my new Kindle Fire and think this thread is so very helpful! I've downloaded lots of samples of a few books and plan to buy some thanks to these recommendations

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:09:35 AM PST
Thank you, Richard!

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 2:26:07 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Hi CandyGirl[:)

Reminds me of a song by The Four Seasons! I, I-I-I-I-I, Found me a Girl-l-l-l, She E-E-E-E set my heart a whirl-l-l--l. With huggin, and kissin, and lovin. She's mine. Mine. Whoa-a-a-a whoa Candy Girl. She's thrillin, Chillin, .......I'm happy as can be you're CandyGirl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDpsuQNzHdA

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 2:49:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 2:50:08 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/2/2012

Kill Town, USAWhen life hands Jack Heart lemons, he uses them for target practice. Recently laid off, Jack uses his free time to pursue a lifelong dream, hiking the Appalachian Trail. In winter. After fighting off a sickly, vicious black bear in the middle of the night, Jack decides to take time off the trail. However, he finds his problems are much larger than a rogue bear. Stuck in quarantined Marshall, North Carolina, Jack Heart takes on the zombie apocalypse, evades renegade locals, and manages to drum up a love interest in the meantime. The daughter of an infected mountain man, Audrey is Jack's ideal compatriot in the war against the undead.

The Winged ThingsWhen life hands Jack Heart lemons, he uses them for target practice. Recently laid off, Jack uses his free time to pursue a lifelong dream, hiking the Appalachian Trail. In winter. After fighting off a sickly, vicious black bear in the middle of the night, Jack decides to take time off the trail. However, he finds his problems are much larger than a rogue bear. Stuck in quarantined Marshall, North Carolina, Jack Heart takes on the zombie apocalypse, evades renegade locals, and manages to drum up a love interest in the meantime. The daughter of an infected mountain man, Audrey is Jack's ideal compatriot in the war against the undead.

The Old Forrestal Place (An Anthology of Short Horror Stories)
The Old Forrestal Place is a fast paced, adrenaline pumping series of short horror stories. Set in the town of Wilde's edge it narrates the encounters of the residents when the protagonist accidentally released a long buried evil.

The stories are highly engaging and written in a style which moves the plot line along quickly.The characters are convincing and you can feel and hear their desperation as they struggle against the evil which seek to overcome them, one by one.

The reader is sucked into the world of the residents as the stories unfold. The tension builds up until the final episode when the end finally comes. Or does it...?

If you can find this story Man Overboard by Winston Churchill it's an excellent horror story. Who'd ever thoughr that Churchill could write a great horror story? Man Overboard takes place on a ship sailing on the Red Sea. It was about a man that was on a ship. There was a concert on the ship and the man went outside to get some fresh air and have a cigarette. That's all as I'm not a Spoiler.

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 4:39:42 PM PST
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 5:31:32 AM PST
Thank you, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 6:57:11 AM PST
Alina says:
Let's not forget the classics.

The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe (Includes Essay About the History of the Horror Genre).
There are many Poe collections and stories freely available and a number of versions in the 99c category.

This is seriously one of the most suspenseful and gripping works I've ever read The Monk; a romance.

This is a very clever take off of the gothic genre by Jane Austen. Very entertaining and amusing. Northanger Abbey

There are a number of ghostly tales by Sheridan La Fanu. Vol 1 here: J. S. Le Fanu's Ghostly Tales, Volume 1. If you like them then search for Sheridan La Fanu and pick up the rest of the free volumes.

Of course we can't forget Frankenstein and Dracula.

The Castle of Otranto is another free classic credited with being the first horror/gothic genre books ever written along with The Monk.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 2:48:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2012 3:01:17 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/3/2012

Entwined - Tales from the CityRust & Blood: StoriesRUST & BLOOD

Stories of horror and crime from Ed Kurtz, author of BLEED.

Love and cannibalism, retribution and madness, the horrors people commit in the name of goodness and the abominations that await behind closed doors. RUST & BLOOD collects nine stories of horror and crime where the tables are always turned and no one ever gets out unscathed.

Tower of the Living Dead - Part 1Ginger's MarbleThe family that feeds together strays together. It's about family. It's about zombies. It's about Ginger.

This short story was selected as a finalist in a fiction contest by Brains magazine .

Bonus content: please enjoy the first chapter of my coming of age horror novel "Fall Leaves and the Black Dragon"

Mobsters, Gangs, Crooks and Other Creeps-Volume 2 - New York City (Mobsters, Gangs, Crooks, and Other Creeps - New York City)Like The Don said, "Buy this book, or I'll make you an offer you can't refuse."

"Mobsters, Gangs, Crooks, and Other Creeps - Volume 2- New York City" is not a continuation of "Mobsters, Gangs, Crooks, and Other Creeps - Volume 1- New York City," but rather a complement to Volume I. Volume 2 starts in the time period of the early 1820's, and ends in the mid 1900's.

This is not a book about nice people. This is a book about the lowest forms of life ever to walk the face of the earth: Mafioso, murderers, con artists, prostitutes, base street thugs, crooked politicians; people who do deliciously decadent things to other people, as easily as stepping on a roach . The exception is New York City Detective Joseph Petrosino, who took on the vicious Black Hand, but lost his life in Sicily because he wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

A Laymon Kind of NightA late-night walk home through a city teeming with danger...a nosy neighbor who discovers more than he bargained for...a take on Body Snatchers with vans instead of pods... Journey into the shadowy realms of human behavior where our darkest impulses are exposed to the light.

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 2:55:42 PM PST
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 3:15:36 PM PST
Thank you!

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 1:14:52 PM PST
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/4/2012

Necropolis RisingIt took thirty minutes for the city to die. But their hunger would last forever. The military has sealed the city. No one is getting in. No one is getting out. But a team of cyber-criminals have a job to do. A job that will see them receiving a huge payout if they succeed. Or a bullet if they don't. Once inside the city staying alive proves to be just as difficult as staying dead ...

The Amazon UK Horror #1 Bestseller!

"If the undead ever needed a shot of life, this is it!" Shock Horror Magazine.

Night of HorrorsThis book is a collection of short stories written in mild horror genre.

Believe it or not only 57 freebies listed today on us.kinlib.com.

So I'll add few good ones for that are only .99 cents:)

13 Classic Horror Poems (Masters of Horror)A collection of 13 classic poems in the genre of horror or the macabre, with short biographies of the authors

Byron, Hardy, Poe, Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Hodgson, Shakespeare, and Shelley.

The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft

There are some stories missing and one that comes to mind is a favorite called In The Walls of Eryx.

Publication Date: March 1, 2011
The weird fiction short stories of H.P. Lovecraft from 1917-1935. Excludes collaborations.

The eBook's table of contents is listed below. It includes the year each story was written.

The Tomb (1917)
Dagon (1917)
Polaris (1918)
Beyond the Wall of Sleep (1919)
Memory (1919)
Old Bugs (1919)
The Transition of Juan Romero (1919)
The White Ship (1919)
The Doom That Came to Sarnath (1919)
The Statement of Randolph Carter (1919)
The Terrible Old Man (1920)
The Tree (1920)
The Cats of Ulthar (1920)
The Temple (1920)
Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family (1920)
The Street (1920)
Celephaïs (1920)
From Beyond (1920)
Nyarlathotep (1920)
The Picture in the House (1920)
Ex Oblivione (1921)
The Nameless City (1921)
The Quest of Iranon (1921)
The Moon-Bog (1921)
The Outsider (1921)
The Other Gods (1921)
The Music of Erich Zann (1921)
Herbert West - Reanimator (1922)
Hypnos (1922)
What the Moon Brings (1922)
Azathoth (1922)
The Hound (1922)
The Lurking Fear (1922)
The Rats in the Walls (1923)
The Unnamable (1923)
The Festival (1923)
The Shunned House (1924)
The Horror at Red Hook (1925)
He (1925)
In the Vault (1925)
The Descendant (1926)
Cool Air (1926)
The Call of Cthulhu (1926)
Pickman's Model (1926)
The Silver Key (1926)
The Strange High House in the Mist (1926)
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath (1927)
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward (1927)
The Colour Out of Space (1927)
The Very Old Folk (1927)
The Thing in the Moonlight (1927)
The History of the Necronomicon (1927)
Ibid (1928)
The Dunwich Horror (1928)
The Whisperer in Darkness (1930)
At the Mountains of Madness (1931)
The Shadow Over Innsmouth (1931)
The Dreams in the Witch House (1932)
The Thing on the Doorstep (1933)
The Evil Clergyman (1933)
The Book (1933)
The Shadow out of Time (1934)
The Haunter of the Dark (1935)

The John Carter of Mars CollectionJohn Carter of Mars is a series of books written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It is currently being turned into a film produced by Pixar and directed by Andrew Stanton (director of the critically acclaimed WALL-E and Finding Nemo)

The first three books in the series were told from the point of view of John Carter; many books followed the first three, but frequently were written in third person. The entire series is eleven volumes and titled the "Barsoom" series.

This Kindle book contains the first three books in the series.

Movie out soon.

Desolation: Stories This book has 41 reviews and all fives 5's.

For science fiction and horror fans only, "Desolation: Stories" contains 6 previously published and unpublished short stories by Ken Brosky ...

"The Desolation Will Consume You" (Finalist, Writer's Digest Fiction Competition)
The world is dying. The climate is changing. But hidden away deep inside a forest in the heart of Canada sits a home with everything you need. You can survive here. You can start a new life. But you must make a terrible sacrifice ...

"Ashes to Ashes" (previously unpublished)
Justin Breneview's job search led him to what seems like an easy job: take bodies out of the morgue, throw them in the furnace. Nothing to it. But when complications arise, he quickly learns that there is no such thing as an "easy job."

"High Stakes" (first published in Diabolic Tales)
The gambler arrived in Kansas City for a game with high stakes and a high payout. Everyone else was there for blood.

"Enjoy Your Job!" (first published in Dark Moon Rising)
All little Timmy wants is to be an astronaut. But in the future, those types of decisions no longer rest in the hands of the individual. That would be irresponsible. No, economies must thrive in order for society to progress, and that means planning ahead.

"Ten-Four" (first published on Homepage of the Dead)
"This is Jack Hutchingston, ace trucker at your service. Boy oh boy, do I have a story for you. It all started when I was passing through the largest graveyard on the planet. You like zombies? Good. This story's got plenty of 'em."

Enjoy!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  3029
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions