Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Need help with Kindle Fire email setup for Qwest / Centurylink POP3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 115 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:24:20 AM PDT
Mary says:
Oh didn't know you were out of country. I am in the U.S and had no troubled with the email app on the original fire nor did my friends so was no problems with it. If configured correctly it works fine. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 3:40:05 PM PDT
R. McManus says:
hi Im with talk talk like you I tried all the different pops and smtps and couldnt get anyware.1got connected ok by ignoring all that.I tapped emails into the search at the top of the home pageand found talktalk on there .Pressed login and got connected.I hope this helps,let me know how you get on bob

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 6:42:54 PM PDT
Stewilly says:
hello bob, i chatted with amazon and they could not get the email app to work. I followed your advice, went to app store, got the O2 app and just like magic it works, now have full access to my usual e-mail. I should have thought about that instead of concentrating on the amazon email route.
Thanks for the advice

Stephen

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:30:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 6:25:43 AM PST
New Kindle fire. Able to set up and receive books etc but have email problem. Using embarqmail.com and I am able to send with no problems but will not receive anything. No errors. Set up is pop.embarqmail.com, security=none , 110. Called Embarq support and was told it would cost $149 dollars for them to help? Have desktop and Ipad working with them successfully. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 1:18:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 1:22:37 AM PST
Remix says:
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB

Tiscali/TalkTalk email set up.

After many xxxxxxxxx hrs trying to set this up.
Answer.
Other account.
Used Pop3
Pop.tiscali.co.uk
Port 110
Smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Port 25

Filled in all settings
User-name is email address
Unstick the sign in (if you don't it says it can't authenticate from server) or something like that. I am doing this off memory and don't want to go through it again since it's working.
The key for me was UNTICK the Requires sign in, if you are trying SSL/TTl security you haven't unticked the sign in.
I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:24:53 AM PST
Rick Brooker says:
Does anybody have the set up ports & stuff listed for Centurylink email in USA for Fire HD 8.9? Is anyone using a different app? The app shop say "Enhanced Email" app isn't compatible with Fire HD 8.9.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 4:53:20 PM PST
SMOB says:
Thank you Remix I finally can access Tiscali email on kindle fire after following your info.
I had been trying for hours and even phoned up talk talk who were rubbish and no help at all.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:36:50 AM PST
the settings REMIX posted are the correct ones. THey worked for me, remember to untick 'sign in'
%%%
Tiscali/TalkTalk email set up.

After many xxxxxxxxx hrs trying to set this up.
Answer.
Other account.
Used Pop3
Pop.tiscali.co.uk
Port 110
Smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Port 25

Filled in all settings
User-name is email address
Unstick the sign in (if you don't it says it can't authenticate from server) or something like that. I am doing this off memory and don't want to go through it again since it's working.
The key for me was UNTICK the Requires sign in, if you are trying SSL/TTl security you haven't unticked the sign in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:15:15 PM PST
misspdhw says:
where do you buy the enhanced email for $10? thx!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:34:06 PM PST
Mary says:
In the app store, just searched enahnced email from the device if you don't want to do it from the computer. Mary

Enhanced Email

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 12:58:52 PM PST
I have a different problem. I have my email with aol. Usually I can access and send messages easily using my Kindle Fire. Every now and then it send me to another mailbox with my name that has only 3 very old email in it. I have been able to fix it in the past but I am stuck this time. Anyone else have this same issue?

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:16:25 PM PST
Mary says:
I use an AOL address and have never seen that problem. Maybe delete the account from the app and start from scratch setting it up. Mary

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 2:00:18 PM PST
ZoeandLotus says:
I was unable to set up my q.com email (CenturyLink) and talked with techs for 5 1/2 hours from both CenturyLink and Amazon. Each referred me to the other company as no one could figure out how to set up the domain q.com. Does anyone know the settings on the q.com email setup for the KindleFireHD 8.9? I would greatly appreciate any help on this

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 2:17:34 PM PST
Mary says:
Search the forums I think there are other discussions about century link. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 3:51:36 PM PST
ZoeandLotus says:
Thank you, I searched the entire thread but I found nothing for q.com which is a different domain from centurylink.com, etc.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 4:04:06 PM PST
Mary says:
Oh sorry since you mentioned century link thought it was the same. I would think that if q.com could be set up on an android device to begin with it would be the same set up. Have you tried another email app? Skitmail is a free one I have used and like. Now I prefer to just check my email online from my fire since I can't find an email app that can be turned off if I forget and leave my kindle on and get on the computer to use my mail program there. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 5:20:21 PM PST
ZoeandLotus says:
Thanks...I did go ahead and set up gmail (which was a snap to set up on the Kindle) and am in the process of switching everything over to gmail. It is a tedious procedure tho and I was still hoping for a q.com solution! Thanks for your input.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:12:32 PM PST
Mary says:
Well that's all I can think of is try q.com with another program like skitmail. I have the first fire and didn't like the built in email app so found a free one in the app store I liked better. Maybe one of those will work better with q. Mary

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 3:16:28 PM PST
tucks says:
I am also having problems e-mailing from kindle fire, what are Amazon doing about it? I am not paying extra for what amazon should have provided

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 3:18:25 PM PST
Mary says:
Who is your email provider? Have you tried contacting them for help?. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 3:09:44 AM PST
tucks says:
AOL and Talk Talk insist it is the Kindle at fault, come on Amazon pull your finger out and issue genuine advice!!

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:35:38 AM PST
Mary says:
I have used my AOL address on the original fire with the built in email app and it works fine as long as it's set up properly. Have used it with a few other email apps in the app store and works with those also. Make sure are the pop servers and such are set correctly. I don't know, I got it to set up and work first time out of the box. Mary

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 10:59:46 AM PST
little mo says:
I have tried all the different suggestions but still cannot connect to my email on tiscali, it connects ok with different ones my daughter in law has tried but not tiscali, what is the problem?

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:07:28 AM PST
Mary says:
Did you check with tiscali that you have all the servers right and stuff? Mary

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:18:11 AM PST
Sheldon says:
I was also having many problems with the Kindle Mail app. I downloaded and started using K-9 Mail which worked like a charm, but I didn't like the features as much as the Kindle Mail so after awhile I tried Kindle Mail again and low and behold it worked just fine. I have no idea what happened, but I can only guess Amazon is working on these problems and chiping away at them over time. Meanwhile, I suggest lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness and just using an alternate email app. K-9 is a free app.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Software Update for Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle
0 18 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
can a prime member borrow books on their ipad kindle app? 876 29 seconds ago
My kindle won't turn on 2532 35 seconds ago
Free Books and Chat - August 2015 896 1 minute ago
notified when my favorite authors have new releases! 43 1 minute ago
how do I share my books with person on my account 15 1 minute ago
Does the Kindle voyager have sound? headphone jack? Audible? 48 1 minute ago
Kindle Fire HD 7" won't turn on; battery is half charged...? 82 9 minutes ago
new paperwhite. 5 14 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6957 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  67
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions