Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle for iPad and Kindle Cloud Reader Update

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-121 of 121 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:59:27 PM PDT
Mary McManus says:
LASoundCrafter: I had the same problem with my Fire, that it often would not sync, so am now using my iPad when I need a backlit reader in bed at night. The only time I NEED to read on my Fire is when it is a KOLL book which cannot be read on the iPad. The Fire has been a disappointment in many ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 8:41:23 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
The margins are back to the wider margins. Darn it. I guess I was the only one who liked the narrow ones.

Oh, well. Majority rules.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 2:56:27 AM PDT
Margaret Tse says:
Does that mean all color's kindle books can be shown in color either on ipad or Kindle for Android now please?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 4:29:15 AM PDT
Weeha says:
I think that was in the last update.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 5:22:10 AM PDT
Mary McManus says:
You could read Kindle books with color illustrations (and see the color) from the first there was a Kindle app for the iPad. One of my earliest like that was Ted Kennedy's True Compass which had a lot of family pictures in color.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 5:43:47 AM PDT
CLS10 says:
I think the person is talking about being able to read specially formatted graphic novels.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 7:26:03 AM PDT
KOO says:
The July 2 update fixes the margin issue. Back to happily reading on my ipad! Thanks Amazon!

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 12:17:37 PM PDT
MzSam says:
How do I reinstall kindle on my android
We

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 2:05:31 PM PDT
ursula says:
how can i remove a book from my ipat after i'm done reading it? like put it in the cloud and off of my ipat, i do not want to delete it, i might like to read it again some time, i want to free up some space to get another book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:33:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 5:36:29 PM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Scydonia, your Android device will probably have a way to get to Applications...it might be

Home - Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications

The app is called Amazon Kindle...find that and tap it, and you should see a choice to Uninstall.

Then, you can reinstall it...where did you get it originally?

In the future, where you want to start a new topic, you can click or tap

Start a new discussion...

at the bottom of this page. People will notice it more easily, and you'll get responses more quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:40:03 PM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
ursula:

Amazon says:

"To remove individual items from the Home screen, tap and hold the cover of an item, and then tap "Remove from device." Content that is purchased from the Kindle Store is archived and can be re-downloaded at any time; sideloaded content and personal documents that are not archived in your Kindle Library are permanently deleted."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ipuse_anno?nodeId=200298480&#remove

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:05:10 AM PDT
MzSam says:
Thank you! The Kindle app was on my Sony tablet when I got it. It appeared twice and "brighto" here ppwas trying to eliminate duplications on home page, ended up eliminating altogether.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 2:40:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 6, 2012 2:43:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:47:06 PM PDT
Sorry for being such a dimwit, but I have to get this right: I haven't synced since I updated to this version (and I dearly miss being able to access my Amazon account directly from my app; also really miss not being able to link to Wikipedia). I'm never going to update my iPhone or my Kindle.
1. Go to Amazon and deregister my IPad
2. Delete the app from my IPad
3. Reinstall the app
4. Go back to Amazon and reregister.

As for step #3.....what is to prevent the latest version of the app from installing? Seems like I'd be right where I'm at right now minus 10 to 15 minutes. Please, please elaborate for this dummy.... I really hate this version! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 7:02:41 PM PDT
C. McCoy says:
Okay I'm jumping into the middle of a conversation because I saw the word iPad. My friend just purchased an iPad. I helped her install the Kindle app and Nook app. I have a Nook so I knew how to help her connect with a friend to see their books available for lending and how to request such a book. I am not familiar with Kindle. I can see how to tell if an Amazon book is lendable. I can see how to offer a book from your own library to another person. What I can't find is where to create a group of friends to share books with and how to see their list of lendable books. Is that available to a Kindle user? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 11:25:51 AM PDT
techwriter says:
I'm having trouble with email on the fire. I got it set up and working fine,but I went back to my laptop to read something and now email on the fire forgot who I was! Is there something I missed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 1:09:50 PM PDT
Blueglide says:
Wind in my Hair:  If  you really have not completed a sync-to-iTunes operation operation after updating the app on the device,  iTunes still holds the PREVIOUS version of the app from the last sync that you did accomplish. 

So it is true that if you reinstall to the device from the app store, you would indeed just get the latest updated version again - which you don't want.  Instead after deleting it from your device (from the device NOT from iTunes), then just sync with iTunes again and the result will be to re-install that PREVIOUS version on the device. 

I don't believe that the deregistration/reregistration steps are required.

Good Luck

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 6:45:50 PM PDT
Wow, thanks Blueguide....that makes sense to me. I'll try it this weekend and let you know how it turns out.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:26:13 PM PST
I have an ipad with kindle cloud...when i open the app to read a book there is a bright white flash...I'm worried this will damage my iPad...has anyone else noticed this?
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:37:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 6:38:24 PM PST
Blueglide says:
I have the original iPad and primarily use the Kindle app from the App store to read Kindle books. However I do have the Cloud Reader also installed and have fired it up on rare occasion.

I do see the bright white flash when starting the cloud reader, but do not see it when starting the App store Kindle App.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 11:37:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2014 11:46:11 AM PDT
Janiswiens says:
How can I download an app for iPad in Canada-I ordered a book using Canadian funds under the impression that I could download an kindle app but it says only for u.s. That means I cannot read the book I just bought.

Jan
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
26 6 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Repair??? 281 8 seconds ago
marketing books 1 34 seconds ago
Free Books and Chat - Friday, Sept. 19, 2014 86 36 seconds ago
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs Sept 17 & 18, 2014 235 3 minutes ago
What is the "Others" storage category 105 5 minutes ago
Does Kindle Paperwhite support EPUB? 94 5 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 3014 6 minutes ago
Newt Gingrich 3 6 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  121
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions