Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire- Sensor (?) on upper left corner, what is this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 198 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 19, 2012 11:44:41 AM PDT
D. P. Wright says:
No, no, I meant he helped me make it. We use unicorns and baby panda bears and fuzzy yellow ducklings if we can catch them. I want cookies now.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 11:53:00 AM PDT
OK, OK. I'll tell you. itbis is a new brand of biscuit the Amazon is taste testing. If you see the logo 'ITBIS' on your Fire you can click on it and Amazon will send you a sample package of the biscuits.

I've been privileged to try them and I can tell you, they are amazing. I've been able to get twice as much work done as previously and I also won the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepsteaks.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 11:54:07 AM PDT
Then you'll be happy to know that this item is back in stock! Canned Unicorn Meat

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 11:58:04 AM PDT
Unicorn meat and crackers. The perfect snack!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 12:20:35 PM PDT
MY BABIES!!!!

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 12:25:03 PM PDT
D. P. Wright says:
No canned Unicorn for me. I like it fresh. The horn makes a nice fireplace poker too.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 7:49:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 7:49:27 AM PDT
For those who refuse to believe:

http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/cracking-open-the-amazon-kindle-fire/6328630?seq=34

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 8:44:10 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
And this proves what?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 8:58:12 AM PDT
>"And this proves what? "

That Amazon was able to fool a tech blog into thinking the Fire's prototype Vortex Manipulator is really an ambient light sensor.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 9:17:34 AM PDT
I thought you were sworn to secrecy!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 9:36:10 AM PDT
D. P. Wright says:
Now you've done it. Do me a favor and stay away from me, I don't need to be in the crossfire when the amazon cleaning crew shows up to get you. You spilled the beans about the component-that-must-not-be-named. Been nice knowing you even if it was just on the forums.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:42:50 AM PDT
While I realize telling the truth about that mystery spot on the Fire puts me in mortal peril, someone has to speak up if we're to have any hope of preventing the Paradox Convergence of 2014. I've seen that future ; I don't want to go back there. If we don't stop Amazon's reckless experimentation now, then there may be no way back.

I have to cut this short, as that nice nurse Klein is here with my morning paper cup of Voices Go Bye-Bye pills ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 9:48:57 AM PDT
Hail Ming!

You were warned. Let this be a stern lesson to those who would spill Ammy's secrets. The consequences are dire!!!

P.S. Check your cake this afternoon. I think you'll find a little something to help you saw your way out. So geese. Tally ho.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 9:54:30 AM PDT
D. P. Wright says:
Do the forums go away with the voices? You are there because they already got to you. I wonder how many others there with you have been disappeared for the duration?

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:58:56 AM PDT
D. P. Wright says:
Hey, wait. Does that future involved Amazon doing away with Apple? There is a lot of oppression I can live with so I never have to hear "Well, my iPad does so much more that your kindle."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:12:31 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Just Doug (hailing Ming) said: "That Amazon was able to fool a tech blog into thinking the Fire's prototype Vortex Manipulator is really an ambient light sensor."

Well of course it is, any idiot can see that. I thought it was so self evident that it didn't need proof! (Of course the new Kindle Fires now have the production level Vortex Manipulator installed since the prototype proved so successful.)

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 11:21:23 AM PDT
Can Vortex Manipulators be adapted to use 3G?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:27:41 AM PDT
>"Does that future involved Amazon doing away with Apple?"

Apple as a business entity was totally distroyed [sic] in the First Wave of Paradoxes to come crashing down. They live on now only as a rallying cry for the Techno-Flagellants who preach that only by flogging themselves with proprietary data cables can they curry enough favor with The Great Jobs to be granted immunity from the necrotizing fasciitis carried in the saliva of the Demon Dogs which came as part of the Third Wave of Paradoxes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:29:02 AM PDT
>"Can Vortex Manipulators be adapted to use 3G? "

Yes, but unfortunately the data plan is only payable in a currency which has yet to be invented.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:32:17 AM PDT
>"P.S. Check your cake this afternoon."

Desperate message from those fighting against a future which must not be : please send more pie.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:33:50 AM PDT
Darn it, so I have to wait until the Fifth Wave of Paradoxes and the Apple Inquisition? At least, from what I hear, the Fourth Wave of Paradoxes will include the sequels to "The Last Airbender" and "John Carter".

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 11:40:44 AM PDT
>"... will include the sequels to "The Last Airbender" and "John Carter". "

Unfortunately those had a short theater run-time due to the huge success of "Showgirls II : Electric Boogaloo (in 3D/Smell-O-Vision)".

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:49:40 AM PDT
I loved "Showgirls"!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 12:00:44 PM PDT
That would be moving backwards, silly Rocker. Why would they use 3G when the ones on our current fires are already using 45.62G right now?

Don't go all berton on us now. We're counting on you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 12:40:54 PM PDT
I must be stuck in some sort of temporal fugue between the First Wave of Paradoxi, and the Heat Death of the Universe.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  198
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions