Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD 7" Arrival

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 188 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 14, 2012 7:25:30 AM PDT
ANZicCO says:
UPS just left delivering only case and AC adapter. I ordered a Fire HD7 within an hour of it being available. My order indicated Delivery today 9/14. I am an Amazon Prime, 2 day Delivery customer. The problem is my Fire HD was shipped by Amazon as UPS GROUND and was not shipped out until 3:30 pm on 9/12 from Indiana, which is a 3 Day transit zone to my home! This means I will not receive my tablet til at least Monday as it sits in a UPS facility or on a truck all weekend. Also cut off time for shipping ground is 2:30 pm which could mean I won't get it til Tuesday! This is unacceptable for Amazon customer service for their signature product! I know they are shipping a lot of product, but they should have been ready. Contacted customer service, awaiting reply, but doubt much will be done about it.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 7:36:26 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
RJAj,

I can understand your frustration. A couple of points. Keep in mind that Amazon has no control over the behavior of the delivery firms with whom they contract. Schedules and rules are set in the contract between Amazon and UPS (or another carrier) and Amazon monitors the performance of their contractors. Sometimes a problem occurs either as a result of human error or a system glitch.

That explanation I'm sure is no comfort to you. But I'd suggest the following. Once it is clear that you have NOT received your KFHD on the estimated delivery date (which has not yet passed) contact Kindle CS (using the Contact Me option, not email) with the details of what happened. Amazon won't do ANYTHING until the estimated delivery date has passed.

When you speak to Kindle CS keep in mind that person you're speaking to is not to blame. :) Then suggest an appropriate remedy for the problem from a customer "good will" perspective. From what you've said, it seems to me that an appropriate remedy would be to credit your account, perhaps for the price of the AC adapter you paid for. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 8:03:13 AM PDT
ANZicCO says:
Thanks jsh, I will try that. It is clearly an Amazon issue and not with delivery company as shipment was not initiated soon enough or with an expedited delivery method that would insure the Prime 2 day delivery was fulfilled. Its frustrating to have to wait, but even more frustrating that it is because someone at amazon didn't do their job correctly, one of the few companies you can usually rely upon for getting things right!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 8:07:00 AM PDT
Just Theo says:
I also know that this won't make it any better since this happened to you, but this is the exception not the rule. i would be very sad if my kindle was sitting in wait for delivery so close. Can you call UPS and see if they allow pickup. If the item is not actually on the truck, they may. I've done it with a phone before.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 8:15:10 AM PDT
Just my 2 cents: Amazon fulfilled their commitment when they got the new Fires "out the door" on time. What UPS does after that is out of Amazon's control. Aggravating, I agree, but not Amazon's fault.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:00:37 AM PDT
K. Munson says:
yay i got mine!!!!!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:47:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 9:55:10 AM PDT
Woody says:
Mine is "out for delivery." Dontcha know that today is the day the UPSie guy is running late. Oh well, I hope the floor doesn't wear out from my pacing to the door to check. LOL

@RJAj I just checked with my local Best Buy as a fall back should my order get scr*ewed up like yours. They said they have lots of the KFHDs in stock. So you might check with Best Buy if you are determined to get one today.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:52:40 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
East coasters always get stuff first. My only consolation is that if the world ends at midnight of 12/31/2012 EST we'll still have three hours to enjoy out here. :)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:02:03 AM PDT
Mine is out for delivery now. On my "Manage my Device" page (ie on Amazon.com Kindle site), I see that the Kindle HD is "registered" and it shows a serial number. However, the e-mail states "unavailable". Also, when I try to push a book down to the Kindle fire HD (via my Kindle Library: Deliver to) the Kindle Fire HD is greyed out. My other kindles are available (ie I can deliver a book to them)....just not the Fire HD. I thought you were supposed to be able to push books down to the Kindle fire once it showed as registered with a serial number (ie as mine does).

Has anyone else run into this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:09:12 AM PDT
ANZicCO says:
My faith in amazon is restored as a Kindle rep has shipped one for Saturday delivery because they did not get the one due today to the shipper in time. When I receive the original one Monday or Tuesday I can just refuse it and they will ship it back. Thanks (most of you) for your empathy. Enjoy your Fires!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:09:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 10:10:39 AM PDT
K. Munson says:
ok so why can't i get to any of my books? whenever you all get over the initial excitement--i can see my catalog of books, but it says error when i try to open them...help?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:19:36 AM PDT
Did you set up and test the Wi-Fi connection?

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:21:06 AM PDT
When one of you lucky fellows get your hands on your new kindle could you let us know how fast it operates eg flicking through the carousel, opening up features etc perhaps comparing it to the speed of the ipad or the nexus 7. Just hoping that you can quash the rumours that the Fire HD is a little slow and stuttery

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:28:17 AM PDT
Alicia says:
Just received mines so glad it was my regular UPS guy :) Now I have to go back to work but taking my Fire HD with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:28:31 AM PDT
 Ann says:
@Doug - Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. My Fire HD is cruising around my town on its way to my house, but I can't send books to it from my MYK page. Oddly, I can send books to the Paperwhite, which won't even ship for another two weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:30:16 AM PDT
Ripley says:
Same here. I'm not sure what to make of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:34:40 AM PDT
 Ann says:
There had to be a glitch somewhere today. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:36:26 AM PDT
Kelli Precup says:
I don't have the HD - but mine just came half an hour ago and it is FAST moving. I am at work and actually have to work (boo) so I haven't done too much with it yet, but the flicking is really fast and page turning too, although I only tried it with the dictionary so far.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:37:02 AM PDT
Hawkeye says:
My ups guy came early. The new fire's display is gorgeous.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:49:08 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
RJAj,

Happy to hear it worked out for you. Glitches are unavoidable in retail (and other) businesses. The quality of a company is not whether problems emerge but how they deal with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:51:51 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Ann,

Just guessing here but I suspect the difference is that the link between a Kindle e-reader and your account is simply different from the Kindle "app" that exists on the KF where the link is much less built-in and permanent.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:53:15 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Mine is now happily drinking up electrons from its "fast charger" before I touch it further. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 10:58:21 AM PDT
 Ann says:
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:01:40 AM PDT
 Ann says:
Cool! I'm absolutely last on my UPS driver's route, so I won't be seeing my Fire for at least another 4 or 5 hours...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:05:15 AM PDT
D. Fosse says:
Noooo say it's not so Chuck!!! ;-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Fire HD 7": Auto Brightness Not Working? 16 46 seconds ago
What is my kindle email address? 41 5 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 8087 5 minutes ago
voyage vs paperwhite which is better? 34 8 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 7557 11 minutes ago
Landscape view? 2 15 minutes ago
My latest order has not come through on my Kindle. I have new Address. The Address is Sidney Peters, 400 Clocktower Ridge Drive Apt 15, Winchester, Va. 22603 4 18 minutes ago
Music Not Working in Kindle Fire 34 20 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 184 29 minutes ago
Kindle repair in Bangalore, India 8 54 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions