Herbie says:
Think you hit the wrong thread :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 4:26:22 AM PDT
Moggy K says:
lol, I sure did..sorry Herbie.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 11:43:25 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Morning or evening to ya Herbie!!!!

@ Moggy I've seen you coming here for a bit now, we seem to pick a lot of the same books, and I even put like a full 10 item post in here one day, I was glad I caught it in just a minute or so and just straight deleted it!!! LOL I like coming in here keeping up with Herbie, and making sure this thread stays up front in peoples eyes. I love the site, and I love the layout of it, and Herbie is so friendly and works so hard. But I'm with you on the erotica... some things are just worth hiring someone at minimum wage to go thru 1 by 1 and make sure we don't have to see that or if I'm shopping for books I dont have to worry if one of my kids walk up behind me... LOL. But it's true some of the poetry and art books. Are not tasteful "nudes" either.

Kelly S

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 1:15:57 PM PDT
Moggy K says:
Hi Kelly,

I love dailyfreebooks.com as well. In fact that site and Amazon are the only places I bother with when looking for free books anymore. I tried a couple of the other sites but didn't find them user friendly. Hope you're having a nice 4th of July. We're in the middle of a thunderstorm here, I hope it ends in time for us to cook our dinner on the grill as planned. :)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 2:26:15 PM PDT
Kelly S says:
bump boodle

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 1:33:34 PM PDT
Kelly S says:
Herbie

still loving your site!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:58:05 PM PDT
Kelly S says:
Anyone else interested in a us kindle room on his site?

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 9:44:14 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Oh my gosh... JULY 5th??? Really.... are you ready to let this thread die or do you want to keep it up a few times a day?

KElly S

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:04:22 PM PDT
La' Bookchic says:
@Kelly,

Just track this discussion by email and you'll always be notified!! :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:08:07 PM PDT
Kelly S says:
La' Bookchic,

I am tracking the discussion too, but I like to come in once in a while usually once or twice a day... just to keep it up in the front... unless Herbies ready to let it die... then I will stop posting.

Kelly S :)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 11:27:58 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Hi Folks,

Sorry, I've been away for a few days with no internet access. Hope you're all doing well and had a great 4th of July.
Thanks for the feedback as usual :)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 3:19:39 PM PDT
La' Bookchic says:
@Herbie,

Glad you're back w/us! No internet access...how did u make it?! :o)

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:45:45 AM PDT
Herbie says:
I had my Kindle Keyboard 3G with me, but the reception was so poor I could barely surf at all. It's surprising how lost you feel without access to the web - it's like you're completely isolated from the world. Considering I'm now past 40, I feel guilty for becoming so dependant on it.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 1:03:17 PM PDT
Rosebud says:
Hi Herbie,
Is there a way to view the entire email in your browser? I do this with ereaderiq email and open the books in new tabs on my iPad.

Thanks for all your work.

Rose

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 3:14:40 PM PDT
Herbie says:
Hi Rosebud, there isn't a direct link in the same way, but I'd be happy to include it in a future update. Watch this space.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 4:17:33 PM PDT
Rosebud says:
Thanks!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 9:23:02 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Herbie,
Hows all going? I'd like to include more genres in the mail that's sent to me... I currently have it sent to 2 mailboxes...lol is there a possibility of that?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 11:42:10 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Hi Kelly, I don't know if you changed your settings, but you can choose up to 15 per email address now. Just click on the link right at the bottom of one of the mails to change your settings.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 10:27:13 AM PDT
Herbie says:
Hello Kelly - you still around?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 11:30:33 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
mr. Herbie!!!!!!
How are you has your weekend gone... it's pretty late there right? Yes I am so glad to hear from you, I thought you had left this to die into the depths of the discussions so I stopped my intermediate postings.

What is going on? Great job offer for me across the pond?
LOL

Kelly

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 9:13:41 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Herbie???? echoe echoe echoe

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:08:57 AM PDT
Hi Kelly :)

Did you get your emailer genres sorted in the end?

Not much happening at this end, but I am working on a few updates for the site along with a 1001 other things. What happened with the books thread going back to daily?

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:54:16 AM PDT
Kelly S says:
Is it not daily? I know it was weekly and then it was drama, then it was daily, and I haven't been in there at all. I did go to the links only today to post some books, but other than that I wouldn't know you might ask Moggy if she's been in there? I thought they were still daily?

I never saw any reply to my post about being able to choose more than the 15 categories... So I figured out to forward it from my web mail address to my out look address, because I like to open it in outlook, that way it will open an individual tab for each book, and I can quickly by and close each one. When I open it in my web browser it stays in that window and I have to click through and buy and then click back to the email and that's no fun.

I don't know why I didn't think of just forwarding it to myself in the first place.

Oh, and another thing that kind of bugs, is when I go to the site and start to pick the filters and it refreshes after each one, and then it doesn't show the pages or ratings.... I'm not sure which off the top of my head when I use one of the views, I have to choose the super long view to get that info.

Just some requests...

So besides really busy how are you? I'm in CA and this weekend was so hot and muggy how is it where you're at?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 10 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 511 4 seconds ago
Want to delete off kindle but keep in iCloud? 12 1 minute ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 5543 2 minutes ago
December 2014 Informal Poll--What Are You Reading? 370 2 minutes ago
Kindle set-up for kids 6 3 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat - Thursday, December 24, 2014 31 4 minutes ago
New Voyage with Special Offers Has None 5 9 minutes ago
Amazon appstore unknown error..... 63 11 minutes ago
kindle readers android melatonin warning 4 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  296
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions