Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

free ebooks on ghosts, horror, occult, terror,

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 22, 2012 5:13:34 AM PDT
If you haven't heard any spoilers about it, read it now!

I absolutely LOVED it. It's not your typical horror novel. I had to break out my dictionary a bunch of times within the first 10% or so-it was very intelligently written. It started off a little slow but then it became a building crescendo of a story. Some things are hinted at and become clear as you read along-other things totally blindsided me. I really thought it was an excellent read. 5* from me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 5:13:55 AM PDT
I almost forgot to say thank you, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 3:47:55 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/23/2012

WALLS OF THE DEADIn the WALLS OF THE DEAD, a plan is underfoot, a house is not a house like any other, and whispers from the Walls of the Dead are waiting to be unleashed.

A novelette of the supernatural.

Linda Broderick witnessed her parents' murder when she was six years old. She knew it had something to do with house. Taken away by her aunt, she began to use her psychic powers to read minds to further her quest for revenge. Fifty-four years later she felt ready finally, powerful and knowledgeable enough, to face her greatest fears. She would return to her hometown and use what she knew to defeat the house that lived, the walls that talked, and the evil that had stolen away her parents one long ago November night.

Hazard LightsEric has a simple life. He works a regular job, lives along in a typical apartment and has something like a social life. The only thing that seems to set him apart from everyone else is his one habit: driving. He loves it. For Eric, it doesn't get much better than a long stretch of road and a car.

But one rainy night, as Eric drives along the outskirts of town, he makes a curious discovery: hazard lights, flaring bright against the darkness. As he pulls over to investigate, he finds the car curiously empty.

And then the real terror begins.

CONTAINS Mild Language Word Count: 3k

Necrophobia #1 (Zombie Apocalypse)An ordinary summer's day.
The grass is green, the flowers are blooming. All is right with the world. Then the dead start rising. From cemetery and mortuary, funeral home and morgue, they flood into the streets until every town and city is infested with walking corpses, blank-eyed eating machines that exist to take down the living.
The world is a graveyard.
And when you have a family to protect, it's more than survival.
It's war.

Last Stand in a Dead LandA small band of survivors is on the run during the zombie apocalypse. Led by a mysterious man with an arsenal of deadly military weapons, they must work together to stay alive. In a desperate attempt to locate other survivors, they find sanctuary in a lone farmhouse, only to discover the surrounding woods hold more dangers than just bloodthirsty undead. Featuring Sasquatch, roving rotters, and even more surprises, Last Stand in a Dead Land, is an explosion of cross genre action that will leave you wanting more.

"Throws everything at you at a non-stop pace. Eric S. Brown's latest monster-mash is one of his best yet!" - The Horror Fiction Review

CarouselA traveling fairground descends on a sleepy seaside town and brings the worst out in it's residents. An adolescent werewolf, a witch, and a seven thousand year old mythical creature converge with the fate of the townsfolk in their hands in this dark fairy tale of murder, witchcraft and ancient curses.

The Hell SeasonTHE HELL SEASON
Thomas Wright awakens to discover that his family has vanished. None of their possessions are missing. The clothes that they slept in are still in their beds. All too soon it becomes apparent that nearly everyone in town has disappeared, that only he and a few select others remain

Then the sky starts to rain blood.

The Bone Yard and Other StoriesThe Bone Yard and Other Stories

A collection of fifteen dark stories, ranging from a traditional ghost story to splatterpunk, totalling over 70, 000 words. Some of these stories have appeared before in print in horror anthologies and magazines, but many others are new and original to this gruesome collection.

This collection includes:

The Bone Yard - a group of boys discover something terrible in a graveyard.
Nematode - the reason why eating too much meat is bad for you.
Open Wounds - torture and pain are the least of one man's worries when he's arrested.
The Challenge - a woman finds herself trapped in a strange tower with no memory of how she got there.
The Shadow of Death - what would you do if the world was overrun with zombies and you were one of them?
Monsters - The Nazis perform horrific experiments on humans with the aid of Dr Frankenstein's reanimation technology, making one scientist question his beliefs.
Sickness Country - a racist community face retribution.
The Midnight Murderer - a writer suspects a psycho-killer is stalking him.
The Faintest Echo - a man's son dies, but he sees him again ...
Sleeping in the Earth - a killer makes a deal to get out of prison one more time.
The Gift - a woman receives a disturbing present.
The Deepest, Darkest Fear - a sheriff investigates the disappearance of his own child.
The Big Favour - would you help your friend dispose of a body?
Starlight - a ghost-writer encounters a famous actress with a secret.
Disconnected - two girls become trapped in a telephone box with terrifying results.

Contains 70, 000 words/250 Kindle pages

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 4:03:11 PM PDT
recluse says:
THanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 4:15:50 PM PDT
Thank you, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 1:21:14 AM PDT
Jacqueline says:
Thank you and have a great day!

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 4:27:05 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/23/2012

Ghosts and the Darker PastAn interpretation of some local myths through the eyes of a novice ghost hunter. Stories from South Queensferry - from White Ladies to Witch trials and UFO's... the stories are all true, because the people who told them believed them to be real....

If you like these try my other novellas/novels: Hunt Hunted Murder Murdered, Safety Man and Natures Way.

Final CutWarning; this is horror erotica. The darkness of this story may not be for everyone. The steak is served bloody, so it's not for children.

Something terrible is in Anna's mind. Something alien that uses desire as a whip. As she is sent back in time to Victorian London she wonders is it trying to drive her mad or if something even more nefarious is going on?

A Blessing From The Obeah ManA tale of darkness from sunny Barbados. A honeymooning couple get more than they bargained for when they take a wrong turn during a trip around the island...

A short story by Celina Grace.

Author's note: Part of this story is based on something that actually happened to me and my husband on our last trip to Barbados. I'll leave you to imagine which part of the story it was!

Dream Dimension: Rise of the DreamerDennis Riley enters a whole new world when he realizes that he can see into the future through his dreams. He also discovers that he can change world events before they happen in order to bring about a better future by simply manipulating his dreams. But as he does this, things don't always turn out as he expects as he comes to find out he's not the only one that has these kind of abilities. He comes up against the Soul Mongers who are spirit assassins who torment and kill people in their dreams, battles against a blood thirsty coven of witches and so much more.

Lonesome Town - 3 Short StoriesThree stories of horror, pain and despair tied together with the common bond of a will to survive. The first story is "Lonesome Town". It is a love story that has survived beyond the grave. The second story "The Bottle Collector" is about a mysterious "being" that is found in Cleveland, Ohio. The last story, "Canopy of Heaven" takes the reader to a mysterious concentration camp in Siberia.

Turn Around Where PossibleA young couple get off the beaten track in search of a bite to eat, and find a horrific meal...

Diary Of DarknessThis is a collection of short horror stories and poems. Insane killers and Haunted houses and ghastly ghouls run free this book. Also there are excerpts from two of my upcoming books at the end.

The AberrationWhen a freak storm engulfs a flourmill, the workers learn quickly that there is much more to fear than just heavy rain.

Something else arrives with the storm -macabre creatures that alter their shapes and features with every attack. In order to survive the night, the employees will have to rely on a man whose sanity is questionable. For he claims to have faced the same attacks before, over ages of time.

He calls it an Aberration. A doorway that opens to a realm of nameless evils. What lies beyond wants to smother our world in darkness and perverse terror. It grows stronger with every passing moment, and all that stands between it and our world are the workers trapped in the building.

Sanctuary & Other Ghost StoriesThe Reverend Samuel Gregson has only been the vicar of Steeple Bayford for a little over seven weeks. But he is about to discover that not everything about his
new parish is quite what it seems.

Who, or what, exactly is 'Our Meg', the apparition that appears in the church? And what happened in this place several centuries earlier?

Sanctuary is a fantastically scary ghost story that kicks off this collection of traditional horror stories with a modern-twist from the best-selling Tom Kasey.

The stories include Consort of Baal, Curtain Call, Spirit of Joy, and The Uninvited Guest.

Each one is guaranteed to send a tingle down your spine.

Sanctuary & Other Ghost Stories will appeal to fans of Edgar Allen Poe and Ronald Dalh's Tales of the Unexpected, as well as to devotees of more modern horror writers such a James Herbert and Stephen King.

Enjoy!

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 4:29:58 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
One more freebie that I loved the cover:)

Naturist, Red in Tooth & ClawViolent deaths are occurring in a remote corner of the highlands of Scotland. Strange, animal-like people are killing anyone they find, and no one seems able to defend themselves against them.

But a local woman, who lives as a naturist in her remote highland home, may be the only person who can understand what they are and stop their attacks. First though, she must confront a terrible secret from her past...

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 12:00:35 AM PDT
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 6:32:55 AM PDT
Thank you!

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:45:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2012 8:49:46 AM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/25/2012

These free Destiny Magazines look pretty good and also include photos.

All Destiny Magazine Collection: Vols 3 & 4The All Destiny.com Magazine is a mixture of spiritual, supernatural and paranormal articles as well as old and new fiction in the science-fiction, fantasy and horror genres. This book contains the articles that appeared in volumes 3 and 4 (6 issues) of the All Destiny.com magazine.

This book contains:

All Destiny.com Magazine: Volume 3 Number 1

A Mystic in Egypt - Paul Brunton in the Great Pyramid (article
By Brian Haughton

Pain threshold studies on animals and babies (article)
T Stokes

A Haunting in Jackson (article)
Paul Dale Roberts

The Witch (fiction)
By Anton Chekhov

Big Cat Sightings (article)
Ceri Hughson

Soul SurvivorThis is a frightening tale of a girl's brush with supernatural evil and a battle to the death which she is faced with, without knowing that it is taking place at all.

Ghosts and the Darker PastAn interpretation of some local myths through the eyes of a novice ghost hunter. Stories from South Queensferry - from White Ladies to Witch trials and UFO's... the stories are all true, because the people who told them believed them to be real....

Not a whole lot today but did find a few.

Enjoy!

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 9:58:59 AM PDT
Deb N. says:
Thanks Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 1:54:23 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/26/2012

InfectedPart one of the terrifying Dead Land Trilogy begins.

It looked like a flu. Until the first patient woke up. Violent. Hungry for flesh and blood.

People in the small town of Anderson are saying the military let loose a bioweapon.

Soon the hospital and town will be overrun with the undead.

Emma Ross is the sheriff in Anderson. She will lead a band of townspeople in a desperate fight to survive against the horde of newly risen that threaten to overtake the town. And spread the Infection.

An action-packed novel from the author of Evil Harvest and The Hollow.

Look for Book Two of The Dead Land Trilogy Summer 2012.

The Ghost of Submarine M2This is a short story (approximately 25 pages) relating to a paranormal event the author experienced 30 years ago. It involved a submarine lost with all hands 50 years earlier. A strange and urgent message was received. But what did it mean and who is it meant for?

T.M. Simmons is one of my favorite authors. This is a great ebook to get for starters. I couldn't believe it was for free. Ghost Hunting Diary Vol 1

Ghost Hunting Diary Volume I (Ghost Hunting Diaries)
This collection of ghost hunting diaries is a selection from those T. M. Simmons kept during her twenty years of adventures in the paranormal world. As a writer, she felt compelled to keep records of her encounters, and until now, she has only shared these with a few friends and relatives. Encouraged by their interest, and the awe and sometimes apprehension on their faces, she is editing some of the dozens upon dozens of diaries in her files. Volume I contains Down the Ghost Trail, which chronicles the start of T. M. Simmons' ghost hunting career at the haunted Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, Louisiana. Crossing Over explains how she learned to help lost souls cross into The Light. In Midnight Ferry, a late-night phone call sends her into a confrontation with a nasty ghost-witch who meant horrific harm. The other three stories are ones she chose as some of her favorites. She has also included a few definitions of her beliefs and the rules by which anyone whom she allows into her ghost hunting life must abide. These stories are true, and each new volume will be offered as a prelude to the upcoming fictional Dead Man mystery series. Dead Man Talking, which should be available as an ebook within a few days of this first volume, will be a fun, scary romp in the paranormal world. Part of the first chapter is included at the end.

The Best Ghost StoriesClick Read/Look inside. Some of the best horror authors are listed; Ambrose Bierce, Algernon Blackwood, Rudyard Kipling, Vincent O'Sullivan, and more! Well worth the price.

The Doll The Island of the Dolls is a strange and eerie tourist destination in Mexico, where hundreds of decomposing dolls hang from trees like grisly Christmas ornaments. On a trip to the island, Joyce Parker's daughter falls in love with a beautiful but sinister doll. Soon after, she starts developing strange mannerisms that concerns Joyce. Her research into the doll's past reveals a dark history, and the curse of a lonely child spirit.

To Read or Not to Read'To Read or Not to Read' is a short story by Vincent Hobbes. It was first published in 'The Endlands' (Jan. 2011)

Gunter von Strauss owns a small bookstore. He carries something for everyone's taste.

He also carefully inspects each book, making sure they are safe to read.

Who knew that choosing the wrong book could carry such a consequence.

Enjoy!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 2:48:34 PM PDT
Thanks, Barbarian! I wanted to add that I loved the short story by Vincent Hobbes To Read or Not to Read. It was a quick, fun read.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 2:53:58 PM PDT
recluse says:
Thanks, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:35:48 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
You're welcome Charlene:) Glad you loved it!

Here are two more of his shorts same genre!

THEY'THEY' is a short story by Vincent Hobbes. It was first released in January, 2010 in the anthology, The Endlands.

A relaxing road-trip becomes madness as two couples find themselves trapped in a blizzard.

The Hour of the Time'The Hour of the Time' is a short story by Vincent Hobbes. It was first published in 'The Endlands' (Jan. 2011)

Charlie is a man who follows the rules. He is a man who is never late. He is a man who always obeys.

This is the most important day of Charlie's life, and he is running late.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:37:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 3:38:35 PM PDT
I did enjoy The Hour of the Time as well, but They not so much. 2 out of 3 for me.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:49:20 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Charlene:) Here's one more I believe for your liking:

HauntedHave you ever heard something go bump in the night and wondered if someone was there? Only to go looking for the cause of the noise and find nothing at all. Or how about unexplainably feeling like you're being watched when you're completely alone? Things disappearing for no reason or strange ghostly footsteps in the hall?

This book is a collage of short stories about a few of the otherworldly experiences I've had. Although they are not movie worthy, you may find them interesting. All the stories are %100 true. Nothing has been added for dramatic effect.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:52:43 PM PDT
Thanks so much! I did pick it up.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:52:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 4:02:37 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
One more:) Oceans of Red Volume OneBy 2015 the streets of Los Angeles have been transformed from a thriving metropolis to a hostile world ravaged by demons bent on assimilating the human race. Standing between this total apocalypse of humanity and their chance for survival is 19 year old Remy Martin.

A warrior in her own right, trained to think on her feet and kill if the situation requires, she is flanked by her older brother and younger sister. Together, they devise a plan to take back the streets. Against the wishes of their father, who commands the resistance forces, they venture into unknown realms of the supernatural in a race against time with the fate of the entire world in their young hands.

Join them on their mission into darkness where death lies around every corner, it is virtually impossible to distinguish your enemies from your allies, and a single mistake could result in the annihilation of everyone you've ever known and loved.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 3:52:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2012 3:52:53 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/27/2012

Dark IdolIn a small Louisiana town, there is a house with a notoriously bad history. A simple, hard working man is about to discover that, along with its history, the house is hiding a frightening secret and an ancient evil within it's walls.

This short story may only be 6,000 words, but it shall leave chills crawling up and down your spine!

To Survive a NightThe memoir of a night spent while mountain climbing, after an accident left me unable to walk on the descent from the summit.

True inspirational story!

ZOMBIES!!! (The Best Weapons for Obliterating Zombies in the Apocalypse)If we consider the possibility of zombie apocalypse seriously, we must also consider what types of weapons will be most useful against these foes of the dark. Even though most weapons and most household items with heft (like a good French rolling pin) will damage a zombie to some level, there is a hierarchy of weapons. Weapons such as guns, grenades, crossbows, knives, or energy-based weapons are generally preferred. However, what is most important, for any weapon you choose, is the length of time it takes to kill the zombie or zombies while using it. For example, weapons which damage the head (or remove it completely) are generally preferred. This will eliminate the zombie in the shortest period of time. However, if the number of zombies you are facing is great, then a more broad-focused weapon that impedes them enough so you can make your getaway without being bitten is the best option.

The Dead Wait 13 pages approximately
The afterlife is waiting, too bad it's going to take 100 years to get there.

Midfright Tales OneMidfright Tales One, contains eleven bone chilling, brain screaming, heart fluttering journeys into the dark paranormal world of horror. These tales will make you shiver through each and every page and will continue to scare you long after reading them. With thrilling dark tales like these you'll be up all night looking for the next edition... But be careful, for the realm of twilight can be a dangerous place to lose yourself... Ha ha ha.

Enjoy!

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 3:58:44 PM PDT
Thank you, Barbarian!

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:24:44 PM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/28/2012

The Listening PostA woman finds the diary of her recently deceased grandfather and reads the chilling story of his time spent in a lighthouse during World War Two.

Sergeant Walter Brooke is an expert radio operator in the Second World War and he is sent to the Norfolk coast to a disused lighthouse in order to pick up covert communications from agents in occupied Europe. He thinks he is alone but there is something else there with him and when he turns on his radio, he hears more than just Morse code.

The Listening Post is a 28,000 word short ghost story by the author of TWO PENNY BLUE.

Coming soon, the novel THE GHOSTHUNTERS CLUB, where three women search for ghosts, men and other kinds of spirits.

Twisted Tales13 twisted tales of terror from horror writer Kevin Bozard.

Some good stuff on the next one. The House on the Left and more!

Dark Eclipse #10 - The Dark Moon Digest e-MonthlyIssue #10 of Dark Eclipse, Dark Moon Books' e-magazine, is one of the best to date. This one is dedicated to all members of the Horror Writers Association, a great organization that the horror genre owes a great deal. Included in this issue are short stories by Martin Keller ("How Many More Times"), John Hunt ("Uncomfortable Silences") and an Ambrose Bierce classic ("The Haunted Valley"). Flash fiction pieces include "Growing Up" (Tim Waggoner), "Shush" (Tammy Schissler) and "Denied" (Ryan G. Mulligan). This issue also includes some great columns and articles you won't want to miss: "Making Sense of the Zombie Metabolism" (Manny Frishberg), "The Chimerical Dark" (Sean M. Davis), "Weaponology" (Jennifer Word), "Ryan's Short and Scary Movie Reviews" (Ryan Bollman), "The Cellar Door" (Max Booth III), and a book review from Kurt Reichenbaugh (DARK ADVENT by Brian Hodge). More horror poetry? You bet, including works from Michael Randolph, John Hawkhead, David DuBose and Jack Ivey. And don't miss the next-to-the-last installment of "End of Days" from Tara Fox Hall.

Bone Meal BrothThe world is full of horrors both real and imagined. Bone Meal Broth adds a few more.

The nine stories in this collection vary in style and content, but all of them strive to unsettle.

Inside Bone Meal Broth you'll meet a P.I. who works the dark streets of a post-biological-cataclysm New Orleans, a sleazy glamor photographer with a pest problem, and a misanthrope who's just made the most important (and deadly) purchase of his life. And those are the heroes.

You'll visit the grotesque inhabitants of America's backwoods and shrink from the quiet terrors of suburbia. No matter your dark preference: a cup of Bone Meal Broth will hit the spot.

Free FiveFive Flash Fiction horror pieces, all under 1000 words.

Each piece also includes a brief afterword from the author with a bit of background on where he got the idea for the story.

A little insight into the life and mind of a horror writer.

Approx. 7000 words (roughly 28 pages)

Includes:
- "The Professional Crier"
The tears of high school outcast Penny Circe can bring back the dead. At least temporarily.

- "I Spy With My Little Eye"
Anthony Monsano has gone through hell to finally find himself in possession of the round box. The question is, what's inside?

- "Run, Rabbit. Run."
Pete Cantrell hates jackrabbits. Unfortunately, his home is surrounded by them. And something else as well.

- "The Death He Expected"
A group of boys on a midnight, full moon trip to an Indian burial site get more than just a practical joke.

- "Another Oldie But Goodie"
Retirement home resident Margaret Daniels is hearing music that no one else can hear, a song she hasn't heard in almost 50 years

Cult of the fly is 67 pages.
Cult of the FlyThe last place Jessica wanted to be stuck during Spring Break was in a hotel in the middle of the desert with her family. What she didn't anticipate was stumbling upon dark secrets undiscovered for decades. When all hell breaks loose Jessica must face her fears and the terrors concealed deep underground by the Cult of the Fly.

The Wolf in the Pit (Lupine Howl II)According to legend, many centuries ago a wolf was left in a pit deep beneath London. He was put there to guard the abandoned throne of the werewolves. But now it turns out that the legend was real, and the wolf in the pit has escaped.

Having already encountered werewolves in London once, Jess finds herself drawn back into their world as a shadowy government organisation sets out to recapture that escaped wolf and return him to the pit.

The Wolf in the Pit is the second book in the Lupine Howl series. Each book is approximately 20,000 words long and can be read either as standalone stories or as part of the overall series. Contains mild swearing, sexual references and violence.

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 5:02:47 AM PDT
Thank you!

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 10:43:39 AM PDT
Barbarian says:
Freebies 3/29/2012

Devil's Oven"Haunting and Poetic"

--David Morrell, New York Times Bestselling Author

"Devil's Oven is stunning and lyrical and all kinds of creepy. Benedict taps into our childhood's grimmest fairy tales - the ones that evoked the fear of monsters hiding in closets, murderous shadows lurking under the bed - and takes them in a delightfully spooky new direction. Benedict has graced us with a sophisticated and thoroughly grown-up contemporary nightmare. I won't sleep easy for days."
--J.T. Ellison, bestselling author of Where All The Dead Lie

Convergence at RoswellAfter helping solve the very strange case of a Vietnam-era pilot caught up in a cosmic disruption in time and space as described in the author's novel CONVERGENCE (ISBN 1419661515, Sky Scientific Press), Professor Roger Atwood and Amanda Marshall are off on a new quest. This time they are determined to uncover the truth behind the 1947 Roswell UFO incident. Were we really visited by aliens? Was there a government coverup?

In this fast-paced novel the author presents a logical alternative explanation to one of the most controversial events of the last century.

37 Chapters, 40,000 Words.

Infected Bodies: Zombie Armageddon 3Welcome to Greenacre Rise, a development of 135 apartments, set in the serene atmosphere of a traditional canal side Victorian mill.

Fully renovated and conveniently located just two miles from the motorway, Greenacre Rise offers a vibrant mix of residential and business facilities, including a variety of retail outlets, a bar and an exclusive gym.

At least, that's what the brochure says. What it doesn't say is that the Breakspear estate, one of the roughest housing estates in England, lays a couple of miles to the west of the converted mill.

Deep within the estate an infection rages through the locals, turning the terrified residents into flesh eating zombies.

It doesn't take long before the infection spreads...

Before it reaches Greenacre Rise.

Infected Bodies is the third volume in the Zombie Armageddon series.

Snapshots from the In Between, A Companion Volume of Verse for A Travellers Guide for Lost SoulsThe In Between is the realm of lost souls, those who have passed from this life but not entered the next. Normally we call them ghosts, and think of them as scary, because they might haunt us, but really they are mostly normal people stuck in an awkward oblivion, one so close to their previous lives that they cannot help but be painfully aware of all that goes on there. Snapshots from the In Between are the condensed stories of a number of these lost souls, as transmitted to the author in a state of deep contemplation, in which they remember the particular circumstances of their unlikely incarceration. They have not been given a life sentence, or a death sentence, but an indeterminate sentence, one which, as far as they can tell, may never end. What is left to them but to sing of their predicament to anyone who will listen?

Enjoy!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  3026
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions