Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:03:21 AM PDT
Dix says:
Sandra, luv, I know you know I know. ♥

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:04:03 AM PDT
Dix says:
For Peg the Park Ranger: Billy Goats Gruff

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/forest-wins-paintball-war-aggressive-mountain-goats-231113144.html

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:06:23 AM PDT
Dix says:
Doug & Carol, you've got me all raring to go with the fondue pot now. My DH the chef didn't care for it so we never had it. Current DH, however, says he likes it so I've gotta make plans for a fondue night.

Mitford -- those lyrics! hahaha

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:24:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2013 11:21:51 AM PDT
Dix says:
Anyone here ever have a bad reaction to Prednisone? I'm on the 6th day of a 12-day regimen of the stuff and with the exception of brief interludes (like the day I played awhile with the BAAAers), it's been mostly horrible. REALLY horrible. I've read some people are allergic to it and I wonder if that's the case for me. But, I'm at the phase now of decreasing the dosage, so I figure it should get better from here and maybe that'll mean getting more than 2 hours of sleep a day. If I'm not online for a day or so -- and I probably won't be -- figure I'm sleeping -- and eating.

This stuff makes me crave sugar like crazy. In a week, I've eaten a dozen donuts, two pints of Ben & Jerry's, an entire package of peanut butter cream cookies.... you get the idea. The only reason I've stopped for the moment is I've run out. Need to send DH to the store for more but I hesitate to wake him up at 3:30 in the morning for a donut run.

Take care of each other till I get back.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 2:12:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 4:27:00 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
♥♥♥Dix, I think a lot of people have bad reactions to prednisone. It is a dbl edge sword. Weight gain very common. I would have a talk with dr tell him how bad you feel and ask if there is something else you can take. If you have to take it, the lower dosage the better. Don't stop. Talk to dr. One more thing about the eating...I crave carbs and though I don't take prednisone, I am sure even after you are off that will be a battle for you. Just don't blame your lack of will or self control. You will manage it!!!

I looked at your beautiful self. Oh, for the days of thick wonderful hair I could do anything with. I have a great niece who donated when she was five and two yrs later donated again. My 27 yr GD donated this summer.

Take care, Dear Dix. I love you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 2:41:50 AM PDT
Tyger0902 says:
Hi Dix,

About the prednisone, I feel ya. I have to take it when I do iv steroids for MS for a relapse. They give me the iv (solu-medol) then a taper of 2 weeks of prednisone. First time I took it back in '06 I made the mistake of going out to eat at an italian restaurant and ate 7 garlic breads, a salad, my whole meal plus dessert. And when I usually go it's 2 garlic breads, 1/2 salad, 1/4 of my meal (I take home the rest). Also I'm one of the unlucky ones where the bloating was concerned. I just got feelings back in from my knees down (with the iv steriod) then while taking prednisone my feet ballooned up and my toes looked like when you blow up a rubber glove. Believe me it was painful. Now whenever I'm retaining water my feet swell (not as much as when I was on it).

Sorry to butt in but I was curious about the tread and never seen it before.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:19:26 AM PDT
Brendaisy says:
Good morning all. Welcome to BAAA Tyger0902, we welcome all who want to post. I live in Central Ohio, Ohio State territory. We got a new hire at the store where yI work, Debby is from Texas, and has lived here only 3 months. Debby says "I have never seen a place so crazy for college football. I don't understand it." I grinned and said "I was born and raised here its in my blood. You should see my tote bag." I made the bag and embroidered OSU things all over it. Yes it's mass fanaticism.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 4:35:07 AM PDT
PegB says:
Morning GrandDaisy - I always thought it was the Texans who where crazy for college football. As for me - when DH watches most sports on TV, I frequently yell "It's just a game. It really doesn't matter." DH says I'll never understand - and he be right on that point.

Hope you are feeling better this AM. We have much fog here this morning. But, it seems warm enough and I think the rain has gone for now. I am off to the volunteer job today. Think I'd go crazy if I didn't have my "job" to go to 3 days a week.

HUGS - Sandra.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 4:46:54 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Linda, you can disable the touchpad by entering BIOS setup during the boot-up process for the computer. On many computers, that entails constantly tapping the F2 key starting when you here the computer "beep" after turning it on. That should interrupt the boot phase and bring up the BIOS setup screen, where you'll find the option to turn off the touchpad.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:49:57 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Tyger, Sandra started the thread and we filled one up. When she renewed for some reason put us here. We have developed close friendships and talk books, family, and fun. We use ereaderiq for free booklist from Amazon. I am just listening to my first audible book. I have four free ones that l learned about here.

I live in OK but I am a Texan...lol, my friend says, "She hasn't lived there for the past 53 years. True but my brother's family is there and my two sons and their families.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 4:50:03 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
You're not butting in, Tyger0902. Thanks for the helpful info, and welcome to the group.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:16:21 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I love to fondue. My mother and I would fix fondue when I was a teenager. I have done it a few times as an adult but not near often enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:24:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 5:35:49 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Hey Sweetie......what a beautiful girl you are.......love the picture. This getting "older" is the pits......seems as if each day brings on something else, but, I love life and I'm so thankful to God for doctors, hospitals, medicine, and the BAAAers.. We're tough "ole" broads and guy/s; the weak can't handle what's thrown our way. :o) Love you. Hang in there.

Several years ago, I took caduet and gained 20 pounds before I realized that I was eating everything in sight. Sorry to say, I still carry around that twenty pounds. :o( Oh well, there are worse things.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:32:41 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Thanks our Doug.....that's good information. :o)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 5:38:01 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Sleeping Roses (Dead Roses)
***An edge of your seat Romantic Suspense***
130 reviews 4.2 stars

Reunion, The: A Novel
"I just finished reading Dan Walsh's new book THE REUNION. OHMYGOSH!! I have happy tears running down my face and a warm feeling in my heart. I never expected the ending to this amazing heartfelt story. It was off the charts satisfying!"
--Nora St. Laurent, CEO
The Book Club Network
69 reviews 4.8 stars

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 6:00:44 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Several years back, my nephew LSU (after Marines and a failed marriage) was dating a girl from Omaha. He said the family was all into football...lol, he said that even the elderly gma had dangle NE earrings....do you relate Daisy...tho you are not old. He called his Dad after the game and said, "Do you know the fans sit here."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 7:04:56 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Avid
...I absolutely agree with you....we are "good as the best, better than the rest." KOKO....Keep on, keeping on! YEA for the BAAAers!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 7:07:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 7:09:43 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Woe is me......I don't have the Special Offers on my k-keyboard. :o(
Who woulda thought I'd be lamenting over not having ads on my kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 8:14:39 AM PDT
C.J. says:
Didn't someone a long time ago suggest making all this into a book? I jokingly said the proceeds should be shared, but I think that was taken as serious. It was just a joke. It would be great if someone did gather all the good stuff up and make it into a book - "A Group of Old Ladies and One Man Who Have Never Met". Just change the names to protect the innocent (are any of us really innocent!?). And make it a free Kindle book for a month so we can all grab it.

Now I've got to go and get my hair colored or I will really look like an old lady!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 8:21:06 AM PDT
C.J. says:
I've only taken Prednisone for poison oak and never had a reaction. You really should let your doctor know - there may be an alternative.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 8:25:55 AM PDT
Hi guys - here's what I picked up today. Back later for chat.

Almost a Family (a feel-good romance) - Stephanie Bond
Reunion, The: A Novel - Dan Walsh
From a Bush Wing: Notes of an Alaska Wildlife Trooper - Stephen Reynolds
When the Music Mattered: Portraits from the 1960s - Bruce Pollock (Holt 1983)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:49:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 9:52:40 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Dix, Prednisone is really hard on the person. There are tons of side effects. Personally I wouldn't take it, but hope it is helping you if you are going to ride it out. Keep close track of how you feel. If it gets too bad talk to Dr. You have to wean yourself off of ot. Not suppose to stop cold turkey. Docyors Prescribe it for everything. :/). Miss you already. Hope you feel better soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:55:33 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Beautiful hair Dix. ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:58:11 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Welcome Tyger & kick your feet up and enjoy. You aren't butting in.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:01:46 AM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Doug, thanks. would I do this to turn it back on too?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions