Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

no netflix for kindle fire in Europe

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2013 1:07:17 AM PST
I just bought my new kindle fire hdx and there is no app for netflix and I cant watch anything from netflix in the browser. It sucks so much.
You can only use the app in the US. Anyone has a trick so I can use my netflix? Thanks!

Pilar

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 1:16:04 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
answered here:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx3R1DLJXE01AC3&newContentID=MxKMI7EQDW7R8W#MxKMI7EQDW7R8W

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 2:26:55 AM PST
Sue says:
You have to be in the US to use the app for Netflix and Amazon to watch movies. No exceptions.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 3:06:39 AM PST
I bought a KindleFireHDX in the UK while there in December. I was assured by the sales person in John Lewis that it would be fine to use here in Spain. This is rubbish, can only use it as a basic kindle (which I already have). I cannot download apps, both free and ones you need to buy.
I am very disappointed and wish I had bought a basic tablet.

Catherine

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2013 3:22:24 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
if you register your Kindle Fire HDX to either amazon.com or amazon.es, you'd have almost all the apps you'd want and if NetFlix works in Spain, you can download and configure the one from 1mobile.com or goodereader.com.

I helped a poster from Denmark get hers working the other day. On the other hand if NetFlix has no presence in Spain (there is none in France at all), it won't work there and you might look into other movie streaming services that do work in Spain. You will not be able to stream videos from the UK due to UK licensing laws/regulations just like I can't use a PC and stream any BBC shows from the UK in France.

and yes, the salesman was technically correct - it works fine, you just have to register it correctly. I'm currently registered to amazon.com even though I live in France and am able to get almost all the apps I want (no videos, but I can watch youtube videos)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:10:51 AM PST
I don't think you can access Netflix while in Spain unless you can set up a VPN connection. Netflix is in Spain, but of course they offer movies in Spanish, and you have to have a Spanish account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9484 27 seconds ago
Time out? 0 2 minutes ago
How to disable "On Deck"? 4 3 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 3193 4 minutes ago
using android car charger to charge my kindle 10 19 minutes ago
Kindle Fire free up internal storage? 158 30 minutes ago
Cloud Collections settings on the Kindle Paperwhite 13 35 minutes ago
The time and battery useage icon only appear on the opening screen. 5 1 hour ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 5346 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7710 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions