Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Download problems with books on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2012 9:50:16 AM PST
TripleMom says:
Is anyone else having problems with Downloading certain books on the Fire? I have had a total of 3 books now that aren't downloading. They will download on the Kindle 3 but not on the Fire. The cover of the book shows up but not the content. It is blank. I have found that I keep going back to the Kindle 3 to read books more and more often. The Fire seems to work well as a tablet but not as a library. Anyone else?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 9:52:58 AM PST
Where are you ordering them from? If from your PC then you need to select your Fire under the deliver to option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 9:55:29 AM PST
TripleMom, I had that problem if I did not let the Fire go through the complete sync, ie: moving books/deleting books from the carousel before it was finished. I had to delete them from the device, then add them from the archives, which was not a problem as I had them list by date as opposed to by author.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 9:56:16 AM PST
AnnieB says:
It may sound like a dumb qestion but are they Amazon books?
And you are touching the cover and alollowing the book to download?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 10:13:07 AM PST
TripleMom says:
Yes on both

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 10:19:00 AM PST
DCPH says:
I had a couple of books that would not load - tried all the tricks mentioned on the discussion boards. Finally sent an em to Amazon customer service (even though the books were from ereaderiq.com) and had a response back within two hours. They went in and "re-pushed" the books to my Kindle Fire and all is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 10:03:03 AM PST
LR says:
Easy reslolution. Back up any non amazon content... music, pictures, documents ect. Contact customer service, I used the customer service chat online. They will walk you throught a factory reset. Fixed all my books that were not showing up on the fire.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 6:52:54 AM PST
T. M. says:
I just had this same problem. Not sure why it started but downloaded 6 books in a row with the problem. Resetting back to factory settings has seemed to work though.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 8:55:51 PM PDT
I purchased a book from Amazon and it downloaded to a Cloud Reader rather than to my Kindle? Why did this happen and how do I get it onto my Kindle?

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 3:15:16 PM PDT
I'm an author and trying to download another book on kindle. I've carefully read all the directions, but have a problem. I begin each chapter at the top of the page, but 3 chapters on the downloaded preview version begin in the middle of the page. What's up with that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions