Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Questions about Google Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 2:29:45 PM PST
MandaC says:
Is there a way that I can get my Google Books on Kindle? I bought the Kindle because it is of Android technology like Google Books. I was able to go from my original Motorola Droid to my iPhone 4s and download my books from Google Books, but I don't see an app for it on the Kindle. Is there a way to get my Google Books on my Kindle, so I can read them here? My iPhone is too small to read them comfortably.

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Amanda

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:46:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:48:06 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope. There is no way to read Google books on the Fire.

If you are heavily invested in Google content you best bet is to get a Nexus tablet.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:12:20 PM PST
Artist says:
Can you download Google Chrome to your Fire? If so, you might be able to read them through the browser.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:18:27 PM PST
MandaC says:
I was able to do it through Chrome! Thank you The Artist! I had to download the app on my Kindle & then download an extension on my Desktop which synced my tabs & bookmarks from laptop to my Kindle and Voila! I can read my Google Play books on my Kindle. It isn't pretty, but at least books I already bought can be read on my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 4:39:39 PM PST
Finally! Somebody who didn't spell it "viola"!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 4:49:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 4:51:35 PM PST
Artist says:
Or wah la! :-)

ETA: You're welcome, Amanda.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 4:57:57 PM PST
MandaC says:
Thank you again! Now I am so glad to have My Kindle Fire HD (7)! I can do almost everything I need on the go, and when I don't want to use my laptop. As well as not have to clutter my house with books (I love books, but I have no place to put them, not enough room for everything. I love technology for that. Remember when we had bookshelves, tape/CD/VHS/DVD/Game organizers? Now we don't need them and can easily organize them on our devices and backup areas like external drives and online via online storage like the Cloud). I am a happy gal!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:03:15 PM PST
Artist says:
Yes, I have always loved books, but I donated almost all of mine to the library. I thought it would bother me, but I actually felt freer. The next time I move, half my boxes won't be full of heavy books, which will save lots of time and money!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:50:58 PM PST
MandaC says:
I know what you mean. Same here. Mine all got donated too. It does save lots of time, money, and peoples' backs!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:13:20 PM PST
MandaC says:
I pride myself on spelling and grammar. I am not perfect, but I try to do my best. How about those that spell tongue like tounge? I know there are other misspellings that I love like that one. I am too tired to recall them. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:20:02 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
I make a lot of errors, but they tend to be typographical in nature. For example, "jsut", "smae", and "teh", although I'll sometimes use "teh" intentionally.

Bad typists of the world untie!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:30:12 PM PST
Artist says:
The misspellings that get me are your/you're and there/their/they're.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:39:17 AM PST
quilt lover says:
R. Wilde, I type "teh" more often than "the", I think my left hand is dominant in typing for some odd reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:43:29 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
How about to, two and too...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:52:25 AM PST
MikeJW says:
I hate those! But, I do think that sometimes they are a product of the autocorrect/type ahead "features" where the computer think it knows best what you're (got it right here) saying.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:56:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 6:56:53 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
The very worst of my pet peeves is 'loose' for 'lose.' I can (barely) understand to/two/too, your/you're and there/their/they're, but 'loose' and 'lose' aren't even pronounced the same!! To top it all off, very often you see this mistake in the following form:

"You are such a looser!!!"

Which is the saddest irony of all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:58:05 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Or "What do I do if I loose my Kindel?"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:18:43 AM PST
Run?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions