Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to find email address

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 15, 2014 5:27:57 PM PDT
Cindy Hardy says:
Rediscovered my husband's kindle...his purchased books are not listed ( only those that I used my email address). I'm afraid that the email account used to register the device has been deactivated. Although Amazon can find the purchases, they will not resend without the original email address of which I am clueless! Needless to say, he is not happy with either me or Amazon! Does anyone know of a fix?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2014 5:30:08 PM PDT
If you deregistered it from his account and registered it to yours and now you don't know the email address he used for his account, there's not much anyone, including Amazon, can do to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2014 5:45:49 PM PDT
Cindy Hardy says:
I don't think I actually de-registered it...just used my Amazon password. Should I register the device?

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 5:47:10 PM PDT
Cindy Hardy says:
I meant "re-register" it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2014 7:11:53 PM PDT
Well, you said you only see the books you purchased using your email address. The email address/password combination is the log on to your account. If you're using your email address/password to buy books for it, then you've registered it to your account, not his.

If you don't know his email address/password how are you going to re-register it to his account?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 15, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions