Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

low memory

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2014 8:21:33 AM PDT
Patty P says:
I keep getting messages that my kindle fire is low on memory. I have uninstalled several apps ( which have been sent to the 'cloud', but it doesn't seem to help my problem. What can be done?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 8:55:56 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Patty, I use this free app:

Clean Master

I find it to be quite effective, and so do many others: 4.7 out of 5 star rating with 2,518 customer reviews at time of writing.

I am not associated with that app except as a user.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 8:58:20 AM PDT
Patty P says:
Thanks for responding. I do have clean master and use it frequently, but doesn't really help that much. I am going through and uninstalling more apps that I hardly use.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 9:20:28 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Try this, then, depending on your Kindle Fire model (do you happen to know which one you have?):

Home - swipe down from the top - Device - Storage - 1-Tap archive

That is supposed to archive items you haven't used recently. It will show them to you, and give you a choice which ones to archive. These will be things you haven't used in the past 7 days.

Clean Master also has a utility to remove rarely used apps...but I'm not quite sure how to invoke it. :) It is just on the homescreen of the app sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 9:54:04 AM PDT
Patty P says:
OK thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 9:58:18 AM PDT
CatChat says:
what else do you have on your device. a couple of other things that take up larger space individually is audiobooks, music, and most especially videos. if you have audiobooks it's best to only have one at a time (spacewise anyway). music only really needs to be downloaded if you want to listen to it without wifi.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2014 10:08:59 AM PDT
Patty P says:
I had several books that I have moved to the cloud. Currently, I have 7 games that I play. One thing I did do was ...I had a task killer that took about 500 m to run. I removed that and added another task killer that seems to do a better job. No music, audio books or videos. I have an earlier version of kindle fire. Thanks for your help

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 12:49:07 PM PDT
ph says:
My memory is low also. I only have books on my kindle. How do I delete some and will this free up the memory. If I move them to the cloud does that free up the memory? How do I do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2015 1:06:55 PM PDT
Start looking at memory hogs - movies, videos, audio books.

Most "books" are very small considering and you would have to delete a lot to free up space. If you only have books, then start looking for books with lots of pictures. They have bigger files than a text book.

Which Kindle do you have and why do you think your "memory is low"? With this info we may be able to give you better advice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 25, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions