Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Purchase kindle editions from outside US

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2014 12:18:16 AM PDT
Bevan Holman says:
On a number of occasions have tried to purchase a kindle edition. It won't let me purchase it from amazon.com but redirects me to amazon.com.au, but the problem is that particular book is not available from that domain. What do I have to do?

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 12:26:04 AM PDT
Tam B. says:
As you're in Australia you need to ensure that your account is either with Amazon.com.au (very limited range) or with Amazon.com I have set this up for a few friends but it was a while ago so I'm a little vague on details. I suggest you start exploring your country and account settings. One point to note. If you have any gift certificates with .com.au the funds will not transfer with the account.

Also, even if you have an Amazon.com account there will still be some e-books that aren't accessible as your outside the US or at a different price. (You can compare if you use the Amazon app on an iphone by setting the app's country settings to US - quite amazing some of the price differences and not in the AUD favour.) It is possible to access US Amazon range but this requires some creative IP use and I don't think that is something I can or should discuss here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 12:29:39 AM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Even if you are on the .com the book you want may not be available to you. Amazon has to abide by copyright laws, if the publisher does not have rights to sell the book in your country you cannot buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 1:07:44 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
you can migrate your account to amazon.com (you're obviously registered to amazon.com.au), but your Country Setting may still prevent you from purchasing the book. It acts as a filter and you can only see/purchase ebooks available to Australian (in your case) or for me French residents

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 1:17:19 AM PDT
Bevan Holman says:
Thanks Tam.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 28 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 4208 54 seconds ago
3M Cloud Library and Kindle Paperwhite 91 58 seconds ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 7365 7 minutes ago
Which Kindle has text to speech feature on it? None of the kindle show the text to speech. 72 8 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 2468 10 minutes ago
fire hdx 7 2 11 minutes ago
no rush shipping 126 14 minutes ago
kindle fire 1 14 minutes ago
My kindle fire keep saying Authentication Failed 2 18 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 8346 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2014
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions