Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Two Kindles -- want to change defautl

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2013 11:05:34 PM PST
BRP says:
Everything defaults to the first Kindle. How do I get my purchases to automatically go to the new Kindle without deregistering the other one?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:09:01 PM PST
Go to the Manage Your Kindle page on the website and then click on Manage Your Devices and then use Edit to change the name of one of them so that the new one is listed first alphabetically. Then turn on that Kindle's wireless and sync it to the account using the menu item for that on the Kindle. Its name will change, but that might take a while to happen.

That will not work for all combinations of Kindles? What are the models of the two Kindles?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:37:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2013 11:40:14 PM PST
BRP says:
Thank you for your help. I will try your suggestions. Before I posted, I did find the Edit buttons, but did not find anything that allowed me to change the order. I will see if I can change them with your instructions. My first Kindle is the original, no bells or whistles. I just purchased a new generation Kindle Fire HD 7".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:41:38 PM PST
You don't have to change the order manually. Changing the name will do that automatically.

I'm not sure of the new Fire HD is still treated as an app like the earlier models were. If that is the case, the Fire can't be listed before the e-ink Kindles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:42:32 PM PST
You can't force a change of order except by renaming them (because they're listed alphabetically). However, e-ink kindles are always listed before kindle apps (and the Fires run the kindle app), so you can't force a Fire to be listed before an e-ink kindle, unfortunately.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:43:37 PM PST
CBP: Unless the new Fire is a Fire HDX - they are treated like the e-ink Kindles in the alphabetical listing.

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:53:13 PM PST
BRP says:
Thank you all for your replies. I will make the attempt to change the names so that the one I want first is listed first alphabetically. If not, oh well.... Y'all have a great night. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 12:05:30 AM PST
You're welcome. :>)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 1:23:23 AM PST
Thanks, John, I hadn't realised that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions