Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle ereader paper light or kindle hd?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2013 3:11:58 PM PST
E.v says:
Im new into the ereader scene, I currently own an ipad and an iphone as well however since Im trying to improve my reading skills and also knowledge I found amazon books to be more pocket friendly price wise.
My problem comes to the point where I dont know if I should spent my money on a kindle paperlight 3g or just get the kindle tablet.

Could anyone give me some recommendations as goods and bad to help my decision.

thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 3:19:45 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
They are totally different devices, and it's a Paperwhite, not a Paperlight.

If you just plan on reading and also want to read outside, the Paperwhite is an excellent choice. It has no audio capabilities, is black-and-white only, and the web browser is primitive (and that's being kind.)

If you want a color tablet that can also play music and videos, surf the web, play games, and do other things, a Kindle Fire would be better. You won't be able to read it outside, and the reading experience isn't as good as on a Paperwhite.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 3:19:49 PM PST
**Meya** says:
Get the Paperwhite. You have the tablet devices covered with your iPad and iPhone, the Fire would be redundant.

For reading, nothing beats a Paperwhite.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 3:20:19 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
Since you have an ipad, getting a Kindle Fire is redundant.
The Paperwhite is great for reading books without many pictures or diagrams. You can also download the Kindle app to your ipad and iphone.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 3:22:23 PM PST
**Meya** says:
You can also watch Amazon videos on iDevices. I use my iPad every day, but I read on my Paperwhite.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 3:34:18 PM PST
E.v says:
Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I'm glad amazon has giving me the chance to try the paperwhite for a period of 30 days so far I like the product specially when reading before bedtime. My questions and doubts came when I saw the price of the devices.
However with the new update that just came out a few days ago, the ereader just got even better, I can even share it with my nephews for reading time.

Once again thank you everyone for helping with my decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 3:35:58 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
If price is a concern and you have wifi in your home, you may want to go with the less expensive Paperwhite. It does not have 3G but has all the other features.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions