Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Daily Deals No Longer Showing Up on Paperwhite Storefront home page

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2014 3:59:22 AM PDT
Shark Mom says:
In the last two or three days the Daily Deal no longer shows up when I go to the Storefront front page. I still see Monthly Deals but above that where the Daily Deal used to be I see "Featured Deals." Yesterday tapping on that go the Daily Deals, but today and the day before yesterday this was a list of other featured books.

Is this a change in Amazon's layout on the Paperwhite? Or is it reflective of some glitch in my device?

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:30:19 AM PDT
It looks to me like they simply changed it.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 6:10:32 AM PDT
Shark Mom says:
So if "Daily Deals" has been replaced with "Featured Deals" why does that category vary?

And I guess I have a point of advocacy here. I like that early in the morning I could grab my paperwhite off my bedside table, hit "daily deals" and quickly see what they were. By removing the daily deals from my paperwhite I probably will miss some books I'd buy, a loss for me and Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 3:25:30 PM PDT
Same for my WPaper. Foolish for Amazon.

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 2:18:38 PM PDT
Blisswrite99 says:
This is also happening on my paperwhite. Sometimes I can scroll down past the 25 featured deals, then scroll up and the daily deals show up. But then it disappears again. I've bought less books since this started happening, so their loss!

Posted on May 9, 2014 9:52:09 AM PDT
K. Scarpelli says:
Any indication that Amazon will be resolving this issue? I was on vacation recently and did not have my computer with me. The only way to access the Featured/Daily Deals was through the Paperwhite. I was able to access the list only once the entire time. Very frustrating!

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 2:10:45 AM PDT
Ok, I'd like to weigh-in.

Today I had the Problem for the second time. Just like the first time, I called Amazon to Report it.

Some Background info:

I live in Germany;
I bought my Paperwhite 2 from Amazon.de
My account is set to Amazon.co.uk
I pay for my purchases with my German credit card.

I thought that the combination above may have been a factor in the Problem. After my first call, the daily deals showed up again on the kindle AND I started getting the daily-deal emails again. The emails are the most important for me; without them I'd Forget to look at the Daily Deals.

Anyhooo...this morning, when I realised I hadn't received an email since Saturday, and that Daily Deals STILL weren't showing on my Kindle Storefront, I called Amazon. I requested a call back actually. This helped, because I got an American advisor on the other end. She told me straight away that this is a known Problem. She took my kindle Serial number to add to the list of affected users. She also said she'd pass the Information on and that I'd get a call back either today or tomorrow. Let's see if I get a call.

Strangely, my kindle has started displaying the Daily Deals Option again. Maybe it's working again?

I suggest calling Customer Services and reporting the Problem to them, so that your Serial number can be added to the list of affected users.

Also, I'd like to apologise for the random capitalisation of words...the German PC I'm using is "Autocorrecting" for German words.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 5:20:18 AM PDT
Shark Mom says:
I've come to believe that this appears on my Kindle randomly, but there maybe some kind of connection problem involved. I did get an update to the Paperwhite (the one where I got handles for highlighted text) and this seemed to mostly cure this problem although just recently I got the same behavior when I checked in the "wee hours" of the morning, I'm East Coast.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 12:30:36 PM PDT
K. Scarpelli says:
My issue seems to have resolved itself after the latest update as well, although I *occasionally* have a glitch when I access the Kindle Storefront early in the a.m (Central Time). This happens maybe once a week (and I access the Storefront at least once a day). If I go back to the Home Page and then click on the Kindle Storefront button it usually works the second time. Sometimes I get an error that the application needs to close, but that's usually after I've been browsing the Kindle store for a long period of time.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 4:06:12 PM PDT
lemonstar says:
The KDD emails are important to me but I have been complaining to Amazon since April when I first noticed I wasn't getting the emails every day (as I had been) - I noticed gaps of 1,2,3 or 4 successive days when I wasn't getting them I have had to ring 4 times to complain about this. The emails are not being pushed into a spam or bin folder - I checked. Amazon, it seems to me, reluctantly acknowledge (in our phone calls) that their engineers are still working on the problem - but it seems (from the questions asked by their call centre support staff) that they tend to first think the problem is with the notifications on the Kindle itself.

Actually - the problem started when I rang to ask if there was any way to tailor the content of these KDD emails as they do not seem to take into account my previous buying history - the KDD offers are mainly fiction - I, almost exclusively, buy non-fiction texts (only a handful of kids books and presents for friends and family in the past decade or so, have been fiction) - I wondered if they would feed my request into the system with a view to improving the targeting of the KDD emails. Anyway - this lead to Amazon cancelling my KDD - not at al l what I had asked for or expected - they did this without telling me they had cancelled my subscription. All the subsequent problems with erratic delivery of the KDD seemed to follow on after that.

As of now I am missing KDD's for 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th of June 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2014 8:06:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2014 8:06:20 AM PDT
Shark Mom says:
Note: my concern is not with emails, but with the ability to see the Daily Deals on the storefront on my Kindle Paperwhite. This is not the same as getting daily emails.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2014 9:12:11 AM PDT
Could it be an issue of your location? Maybe if the KDD isn't applicable to customers in the U.K. that day, they skip you?

Are you .com or .uk?

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 12:40:33 PM PDT
For me, as mentioned I'm a .co.uk customer. We also get KDDs in £. I explained to amazon, but it didn't seem to be important as .co.uk customers get KDD in the kindle storefront and can also subscribe to receive the KDD email notification.

Strangely, I'm still not getting the emails, but storefront KDDs have returned...for the time being. Fingers crossed it doesn't disappear again.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 5:54:16 AM PDT
J. A. Ford says:
Looks like kindleunlimited has replaced the daily deal on the paperwhite storefront page. I am so disappointed. When I am traveling, I have no other way to see the daily deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2014 7:43:40 AM PDT
Jennifer D. says:
on my paperwhite - Daily Deals was replaced with Kindle Unlimited
I hope they go back to listing the Daily Deals on the Kindlle - I purchased tons of books this way.

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 12:23:19 PM PDT
M. Mears says:
My paperwhite is also no longer showing the Daily Deals--it's been replaced by Kindle Unlimited. It's idiotic that I have to go to a computer or my phone to check that day's deals. Like J.A. Ford points out, if someone is traveling, they have no way to see the deals. I used to grab my Kindle early in the morning, check the deals, and immediately buy the ones I was interested in. I'm sure I've missed some over the past week or so. It's a really bad marketing decision by Amazon if they think trying it's more important to sell Unlimited than it is to make it easy to buy the Daily Deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 12:26:22 PM PDT
If I'm traveling, the last thing I'm worried about is what Amazon has on sale today. I'm much more interested in chatting up the interesting persons in the lobby, finding a good restaurant, taking photos, and reading my map.

But maybe that's just me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 12:30:40 PM PDT
~nospin says:
I see Daily Deals link under NEW: Kindle Unlimited on the Featured section of the Storefront on the Paperwhite.

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 12:50:49 PM PDT
K. Scarpelli says:
I don't. I see Popular Titles in KU; All Books in KU; Editors' Picks; Books for the Beach; and Short Reads. No Daily Deals. I haven't activated the 30 day free trial, though. Maybe you need to activate the free trial and then you are able to see the link to Daily Deals?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 12:59:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author 14 hours ago
King Al says:
Under "Featured", I see:

NEW:Kindle Unlimited
Daily Deals <<<<---------------------------
Best Sellers
Things to Try

ETA: (I did activate the 30 day trial for KU)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 1:20:05 PM PDT
~nospin says:
That is exactly what I see, Al.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 2:17:24 PM PDT
J. A. Ford says:
Unfortunately, I see Monthly Deals between the New: Kindle Unlimited and Best Sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 2:20:33 PM PDT
King Al says:
Is this on a Paperwhite, and if so, is it a 1st gen or 2nd gen. (I see the Daily Deals on a 1st gen PW.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 2:44:47 PM PDT
K. Scarpelli says:
J.A. Ford, earlier today when I posted I had the same thing. KU and then Monthly Deals. I just checked my Storefront page and Daily Deals is now showing between KU and Monthly Deals. It looks like they got rid of Things to Try and have replaced it with Daily Deals. This is the first time in 2 or 3 weeks that Daily Deals has been available on Storefront.

I have the newest generation Paperwhite.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 3:33:42 PM PDT
Jennifer D. says:
Interesting. I have the newest paperwhite and I am still seeing Things to Try and no Daily Deals. I turned it on and off. I will wait and see what happens. But this is good news. Thank You
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5
34 3 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
121 1 day ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 8976 8 seconds ago
can this kindle work without a link to my account 2 1 minute ago
Are free books really free? 36 4 minutes ago
How can a kindle book cost more than a paperback? 17 4 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat: Monday, July 28, 2014 67 11 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 1024 13 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 2976 20 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 3744 25 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2014
Latest post:  11 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions