Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

monthly Prime Free book offers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 5, 2014 9:23:30 AM PDT
cat lady 4 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 9:31:50 AM PDT
KAragon says:
Send your inquiry to kindle-feedback@amazon.com as that is the only way someone from Amazon will see it.

In the meantime, you're the only one that can decide if this "benefit" in addition to the others are worth the cost of Prime to you. Even if they took Kindle First away, Prime would still be worth the cost to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 9:34:07 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Do you mean you have only 4 books to choose from? No. There are thousands of KOLL books to choose from at any time.

Are you referring to the 4 'pre-published' book offers that they let you know about?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 9:48:41 AM PDT
Very strange. I have been able to find at least one Kindle First book every single month since they have been offered.

You are not obligated to choose one.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 11:15:10 AM PDT
If the reason you joined Prime was for Kindle First, with your unsatisfactory experience, you should cancel immediately.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:21:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2014 11:22:15 AM PDT
The OP is referring to the Kindle First program, not the KOLL.

The selection of books in the Kindle First program is generally junk (I agree with the OP on that point). But since I use Prime for all of the other features, that one is of no importance to me. I doubt anyone signs up for Prime just for the Kindle First monthly deal... that would be silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:29:29 AM PDT
I hate that too .... when I go to a restaurant and they are offering free sample tastes of things and I don't like them .... why don't they offer more things so i can get something I want to try?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:32:32 AM PDT
Another point to note: the Kindle First program began in November. Should Prime members that were members prior to that time complain they didn't begin offering this FREE perk sooner?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:33:25 AM PDT
Me too .... and the one month when there was only marginal interest in them I still chose one to try.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:36:25 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
That's what I suspected (couldn't remember the name at the moment I was typing - Kindle First - as I've never taken advantage of it myself). Definitely agree that signing up to Prime just for that would be...um...yeah. What you said.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 11:41:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2014 11:41:37 AM PDT
I love to try new authors. Sometimes I read a couple of chapters and decide I don't like the book, but usually, I find a new writer I can enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:43:13 AM PDT
My grocery offers free cookies to my kid at checkout. But he doesn't like the choices. Who do I talk to about getting them to offer different cookies?

My dog doesn't like the treats at the PetSmart counter, either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:48:39 AM PDT
When I chose one this month, I was offered a coupon to get the other 3 for $1.99 each.

Am I the only one who is tired of people complaining about free things?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:48:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2014 11:49:44 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
Cookies for Kids? My grocery store doesn't have any bakery offerings, free or not, ready when they open at 7am, who do I talk to about this?

ETA: Emerald Coast: no, you're not the only one. lower iqs in general have run high since July 1st for some reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:50:55 AM PDT
T. Cook, go complain to Amazon CS. They have nothing to do with your food shop, but they are certainly used to people complaining. They might give you something free to make you feel better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 11:51:56 AM PDT
School's out.

Or a gym offers free Vitamin Water in berry or lime, but people complain that they don't offer 9 flavors.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:09:00 PM PDT
T. Cook says:
Yay, thanks! I'll press Mayday on my K3 in the orignal case(yes) and see what they tell me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:25:46 PM PDT
"Am I the only one who is tired of people complaining about free things? "
nope.

Can complain that there are too many free books?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:31:13 PM PDT
Better replace the battery in it first. ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:32:01 PM PDT
Only if you have more than 50K of them in your archives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:34:44 PM PDT
I wonder how Bobby is doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:35:53 PM PDT
I'm sure he has at least 200K in his archives by now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:39:38 PM PDT
He's probably gaunt, unshaven, fetid. Feverishly scribbling down arcane nonsense in spiral notebooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:46:43 PM PDT
OMG! LMAO! <snort>

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 12:59:24 PM PDT
LOL
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Jul 5, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions