Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Aussie account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2014 5:08:55 PM PDT
Allan says:
My account is for Australia and I would like to have America's as well. Have searched through all options, but cannot find on how to change to all accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 5:12:11 PM PDT
Allan - You can only be registered to one website at a time.

Go to the Amazon.co.au site, select Manage Your Kindle or Manage Your Content and Devices from the menu, log in, then select Country Settings and you should see: "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.co.au. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence."

Click on the blue "here" and then you can select Amazon.com and migrate your account.

Posted on May 17, 2014 5:12:12 PM PDT
Artist says:
You can only have your Kindle registered to one account at a time.

Even if your Kindle is registered to a US account, you still wouldn't be able to get books that are not available for sale in Au.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 5:20:02 PM PDT
Loz says:
"Even if your Kindle is registered to a US account, you still wouldn't be able to get books that are not available for sale in Au."

That's not entirely accurate. There are ways around it...

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 5:35:15 PM PDT
Artist says:
No one is going to hear that from me! LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 5:38:13 PM PDT
Allan says:
I wish there were ways around as I find it frustrating only to be able to buy Aussie, when I see titles on America's and I can buy them because I have registered Aus. Maybe I will have to change my account, but I would much prefer to be able to buy from both.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 5:50:57 PM PDT
You could buy a second Kindle. Or an app, even.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 6:23:29 PM PDT
Allan, Loz and I are both in Australia, so we know the frustration you're talking about. A bit of explanation: availability of books in different regions depends on the publishing deals that the authors have made and the laws about internet purchasing. The publishing deals determine what countries a book is released to for point of sale purchasing. Laws about internet purchasing deem the point of sale to be the residential address of the purchaser. (Pricing, however, is based on the credit card billing address.) And what that means for us buying American things is that we have to go and visit the US, and temporarily change our residential address in our Amazon account to wherever we're staying, to be able to buy books that are available in the US (and the same for books which may have been released in other countries).

If you hop over to the Aussie/Kiwi thread and ask us about it, we can give you a bit more explanation. (Just post your question, and ignore the somewhat heated political debate our regulars are currently involved in LOL)
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=324&cdThread=Tx35F3NXHX9J662#CustomerDiscussionsNew

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 10:41:31 PM PDT
Loz says:
Nor me! But to the OP - there are ways if you look.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 10:42:00 PM PDT
Loz says:
You can, but I don't want to spell it out here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 17, 2014
Latest post:  May 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions