Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Cloud Player App

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2013 2:27:16 PM PDT
Sheldon says:
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd the Amazon Cloud Player app is not available for the Kindle? Very cool app, but I can only use it on my iPhone.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:09:47 PM PDT
 Ann says:
I'm not sure I understand your question. You can access your Cloud music directly on the Kindle Fires (tap Music > Cloud), and the e-ink Kindles are dedicated readers that cannot use apps.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:10:36 PM PDT
On the Fire, just use the Music tab. It is already linked to your music that is in the Cloud.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:29:24 PM PDT
Sheldon says:
Thank you, Meya and Ann. I thought when I hit the music tab it just allowed me to download music, not play what I already had. Geez. I forgot how much music I've purchased from Amazon over the years.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:29:52 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
I wonder if you're confusing Apple's Cloud service with Amazon's Cloud service. They each have one and they're not connected.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:39:56 PM PDT
 Ann says:
I have stuff in my Cloud that I don't even remember buying... ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:44:49 PM PDT
We have music that was purchased as gifts for our grown sons, not all our taste in music.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 11:20:28 AM PDT
I can't access to mine Cloud player music directly on my Kindle Fires, if I tap Music in the Kindle is empty, without any option of look at it at the Cloud, divice, or store like it does with the Apps or other menus.
I want to know why I can´t see my music of the Amazon Cloud player in my Kindle, if I try to import it using the Amazon Music Importer it says it is already there. I want on my Kindle the mp3 already bought in Amazon, no those files on my PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 11:21:49 AM PDT
Exactly, I can't use it, the Kindle does not recognize my Cloud player

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 11:23:07 AM PDT
How can I access to my Cloud music directly in my Kndle Fires? I don't see it. I'll try with the importer and I can't import what is already there.
I need help, I hope you can help me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 11:25:52 AM PDT
Make sure you're connected to wi-fi. Tap Music. Tap Cloud. If you don't see your music, do a sync.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 12:16:13 PM PDT
I don't have the Cloud/Device Tap
:(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 12:22:43 PM PDT
Then you're doing something wrong. You may need to contact Kindle Customer Service and have them walk you through it.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 5:10:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2013 5:11:18 AM PDT
Igor Gindin says:
I have exactly same problem: when I click the "Music" on my Kindle Fire HD all I see the black screen and words "No music". There are no Cloud or Device options.
I told about this issue with Customer Support week ago, they pass me from one to another, it took more than 1 hour - without any success. Finally I got the mail from somebody from the Support, he promised to solve the problem and give me the answer in 3-4 business days. And, of course, there was no any answer till now, they just forgot all this.
Really, really bad support.
I paid attention that only my PC authorized on the Cloud Player and there is no option to authorize the Kindle. I guess it suppose to be done automatically but it doesn't.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 5:20:16 AM PDT
fbarich says:
Have tried Rebooting (holding the power button until the KFHD shuts off completely) or a Factory Reset yet?

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 5:29:06 AM PDT
Igor Gindin says:
Yes, I tried everything. People from support already asked me to do this. No help.
I guess it maybe because I live outside US. I can't buy MP3, so maybe they by mistake closed the access from the Kindle to the Cloud Player. But when I buy CDs the MP3 tracks stored into my Cloud Player, for free, I have here a few albums and can play them from any PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2013 5:59:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2013 6:14:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2013 11:44:31 AM PDT
Hello Igor, I'm sorry you can't use the Cloud on your kindle.
I fixed the problem on mine with the chat support. I can tell you know that the main problem is that you are outside the US. The kindle recognize that when is registered to your Amazon account and it does not allow you to buy MP3 or use the Cloud Player. I know it sucks, becuase you can do it at the PC or Iphone or everywhere but Kindle.
In my case they found that I had registered an address from Mexico on my Amazon account additionally to the US address, so the Kindle recognize it when was registered and I think blocked the Music and Video Cloud. You can change your setting account at the web page of Amazon, the Kindle recognize the country change and inmediatly change the configuration of my Kindle. But you need an address inside the country and a US bank account. I hope that helps.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 11:53:34 AM PDT
Igor Gindin says:
Thank you Vanessa. It is exactly what I suspected, about non-US account. I asked about this person from support, he answered that it cannot be, but I think he is not right.
I don't have an US address or bank account and still hope to figure out how to get access to my music without this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2013 11:56:20 AM PDT
Well, you can use the USB. Download your music from the Cloud Player to the PC (it is store in some Amazon file) and then transfer to the Kindle by USB. :)

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 12:05:08 PM PDT
Igor Gindin says:
Yes, of course, it's good solution too. BTW, I wrote today to the support and they answered that still working on this case and hope to solve the issue finally. Hope they will.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions