Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

apps can not be downloaded in my country

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2012 3:51:43 PM PDT
ESTUARDO says:
Good afternoon

The problem I have is I can not download in my country, Guatemala, because the message that is shown in the amazon page,says "WE ARE SORRY, WE COULD NOT PROCESS YOUR ORDER BECAUSE OF GEOGRAPHICAL RESTRICTION", i BOUGHT MY KINDLE L.A. CAN YOU HELP ME ? WHY?

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 3:53:05 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
This is a US only device at the moment. The product page has all the information.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 3:53:14 PM PDT
Estuardo - From the Fire's Support page:

Kindle Fire Restrictions for International Customers:

At this time, we are able to ship Kindle Fire to only customers with a U.S. billing and shipping address.

Note that international customers are not able to purchase some types of content on Kindle Fire and not all functionality is available for international customers using Kindle Fire. You must be physically located within the United States to purchase, stream, or initiate a download from Amazon Instant Video. MP3 purchases from Amazon are only available to U.S. customers.

Also, from the App Store for Android: The Amazon Appstore is only available to customers located in the United States

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 3:53:33 PM PDT
Move to the U.S. and get a U.S. billing address. That's the only way you'll get full use of the Fire.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 4:01:56 PM PDT
The Artist says:
Amazon only delivers the Fire within the U.S. Just because you got ahold of one doesn't mean it's going to work the same way in your country as it does for U.S. customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:08:49 PM PDT
ESTUARDO says:
thanks for you information, i will take it into consideration.
can you indicate me what other apps, if there are available ,i must download? if you can

estuardo

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:09:41 PM PDT
You're not going to be able to download any apps from Amazon. You're going to have to sideload apps. Do this via a Google search.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:11:16 PM PDT
ESTUARDO says:
SORRY

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:12:13 PM PDT
ESTUARDO says:
CAN I?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:12:44 PM PDT
ESTUARDO says:
thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:13:29 PM PDT
Can you what? Move to the U.S. and get a U.S. billing address? How should I know what you can and cannot do? You're the only person who can answer whether or not you can pick up your life and move to a different country.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:17:34 PM PDT
Estuardo - You'll need to Google for information about sideloading apps on the Fire.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 4:29:35 PM PDT
ESTUARDO - I use GetJar a lot to sideload apps onto the kindle fire. You might look into that :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:20:06 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
No, we (customers) can't help you. Why? Because We are not Amazon. Also because you are trying to use content on a device outside the US that is not legally able to be used outside the US. You should not have assumed you could use it in Guatemala if it isn't sold in Guatemala and you had to buy it here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:20:31 AM PST
I am in the us I have a us address and it is till saying that I can't proceess order because of this restriction. Why?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:23:20 AM PST
Double check your address to make sure it's correct. Otherwise, contact Customer Service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions