Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle touch not working

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2012 7:55:56 AM PST
Meaghan says:
tried downloading a game onto my kindle touch, it said it had downloaded, but wouldn't let me select the game. the title didn't show up in black once it said 'download complete', it was still in gray. i went to my menu and selected 'restart kindle' and now i have a pop-up screen that says 'unable to start application, please try again'. i have turned my kindle on and off several times and it still wont go away, even when i tap the 'close' button on the pop-up screen.

what can i do about this? my husband bought it at a target, not here on amazon.com

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 7:57:52 AM PST
What game was it? I understand not all active content is compatible with the Touch.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 8:02:26 AM PST
Mine did the same thing when I was trying to move a book to a collection. I've tried resetting it and charging it and it didn't help.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 11:39:52 AM PST
Meaghan says:
it was jigsaw words vol 2 and word play(i think) they both said they were for the touch. i went online and deleted them from my library there to see if it would help but im not sure.

ive tried the reset but it just finished charging so i havnt messed with it yet

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 12:59:54 PM PST
Meaghan says:
GOT IT!!! after it was fully charged, i held the power button for 20 seconds and it worked like a charm

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 7:58:40 AM PST
Angela says:
Well the same thing happened to me yesterday. I recharged it fully and this morning it still will not get beyond the screen that says, 'unable to start application, please try again. Also it says to start wifi to down load the new specials'. It flashes as if trying to do somrthing but nothing happens. I held done the power button until it goes off, but when I turn it back on the message is still there. Should I go online and delete whatever was trying to download?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 8:19:48 AM PST
Meaghan says:
okay heres what i did:

put it on the charger till the green light says its fully charged (i had mine turned off)

hold the power button for 20 seconds (use a stopwatch to help you)
after i held the power button down for 20seconds, the kindle tree and startup bar came up and it was fine after that

i deleted what i was trying to download online but it still showed up on my kindle so that prob wont work

let me know if this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 3:31:02 PM PST
Angela says:
Meaghan thanks a bunch. It worked like a charm. I did not power down long enough for the tree to appear. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 3:37:40 PM PST
Meaghan says:
yay!! im glad it worked for ya! youre welcome :)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 3:45:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 2, 2012 3:47:38 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 3:48:06 PM PST
Meaghan says:
i have no idea. hav you tried deleting them via computer?

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:26:20 PM PST
kjjohnson says:
Kindle will not come on, just adds

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:27:17 PM PST
kjjohnson says:
complaints of kindle touch not coming on

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 2:28:30 PM PST
Hold the power button down for TWENTY seconds. This will reboot the Touch and you should be good to go.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:36:43 PM PST
kjjohnson says:
kindle touch will not come on and green light is on showing it to be charged

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:45:56 PM PST
kjjohnson says:
got it back

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 4:16:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 4:16:23 PM PST
So glad I saw this post, Meaghan! Had the same problem, held the power button for 20 seconds and problem solved. I just love my touch and get scared that it will freeze up or stop working. Happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 7:07:56 PM PST
Meaghan says:
yea i was freaking out when mine did that, i had just gotten it and was so afraid to tell my husband i somehow broke it!

i havent had any issues since then so hopefully i wont ever again

Posted on May 29, 2014 1:23:54 PM PDT
Joanb says:
Everything I have is blank just a gray box. Books apps everything. Plus it won't let me slide down menu to factory restore. Rebooting won't help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2012
Latest post:  May 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions