Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Should I buy an HDX?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2013 8:17:36 AM PST
Karen Turner says:
I returned a HD after two days because of technical issues. Am I likely to have problems with an HDX? The posts have me concerned.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2013 8:22:16 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No one can answer this for you. Get it and try it out. If you don't like it send it back. All product lines will have some that will have problems. This goes for anything electronic.

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 8:32:36 AM PST
DLee says:
That's a pretty broad question considering you're not specific in what issues you've had, but look at it this way ... what you find here are folks having issues with their Kindles, whether technical or how-do-I's. It doesn't speak for the MILLIONS of others who've bought the Kindles and love them. As was said, buy it and decide for yourself. Easily returnable.

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 8:43:54 AM PST
Grimwinder says:
The posts you're seeing are a very tiny fraction of the total sales of the Kindle, people that are happy with a product rarely post. Either way, it has a very good warranty and return policy, so you're not really risking much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2013 11:05:08 AM PST
No, there will be no issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2013 3:12:44 PM PST
Jay says:
I just got an HDX, and have no problems. There are lemons in every product line, but if you get a lemon, Amazon is great about taking it back, and sending you another device until you get a non-lemon. Some 'problems' are the fault of the user, rather than the product. Some users never watch the 'how to use' videos, or read the owner's manual, or otherwise bother to learn to use the thing correctly. Other problems are due to: sun spots, bad weather effecting signal transmission, idiots driving trucks off icey roads into cell towers, etc. If you get an HDX, and have problems, contact Customer Service, and if they can't solve it over the phone, return the item for a no problem model.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1331 2 hours ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Internal storage maxing out when it shouldn't 34 1 minute ago
Gunman kills nine in Munich rampage 5 8 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7941 21 minutes ago
Kindle App and PC 1 26 minutes ago
Do Not Disturb 5 37 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3772 53 minutes ago
5th generation Amazon fire Flash player? 43 1 hour ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2045 1 hour ago
Kindle 3rd generation keyboard won't register 13 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions