Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Goodreads On Kindle Fire HDX: How To Update Reading Progress?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2013 5:15:04 PM PST
S. Parikh says:
I just received my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 after having used the first generation Kindle Fire HD for about 8 months. I was quite excited about the Goodreads integration.

The ability to add all my Amazon Kindle Book purchases easily was great, however I can't seem to figure out how to update reading progress?

Does anyone know where I can update reading progress at Goodreads like I can in the iOS app? I'm talking about where it asks me what percentage or page I am at in a particular book.

I've tried looking around while actually in the book. I've tried looking at the book details page within Kindle, and yes it was in my "Currently Reading" shelf.

I'm able to easily make these updates from the iOS app, and am definitely hoping there's something there for the Kindle Fire HDX.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 7:06:51 PM PST
DLee says:
It doesn't appear that the Android versions of Goodreads has a percentage read feature. I have it on my iPads but on my HDX's it's only reading status, no percentages.

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 11:11:43 PM PST
That has to be, seriously, one of the DUMBEST overlooks. I hope Goodreads changes that. It's flat out stupid to not have it on a device for READING.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 7:27:24 AM PST
On my android phone the update reading status is on the home page under updates>>update your reading progress>>choose book>>option to update by page or %. I would assume the fire was similar.

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 9:07:36 PM PDT
Benjamin says:
Your right. I can't believe that they overlooked this. I'm sick of Kindle having second rate apps. I love my Kindle... I do, but the apps are too often limited in choice and missing features. Since Goodreads is now an Amazon company the fact that it's missing features is even more glaring...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions