Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Payments on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2013 12:34:00 AM PST
I'm considering purchasing the Kindle Fire HDX tonight, but I would look to do it on payments, the only thing about it is I don't know how to do it. I've put the Kindle Fire HDX 7 and 8.9 in my cart separately, but once I get to checkout there is no option for payment, I'm scared to press "Place Order" because I'm not sure what the next screen will say.. So has had anyone payed for a Kindle on a payment plan as of yet? If so, could you list a few of the steps you took to do it?

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 1:11:02 AM PST
W.W.D.H.G. says:
On the front page where they are advertising the deal, you need to click on that icon. It will bring up a screen asking if you except the offer, click yes if you do. The rest of the process will take you from there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2013 1:43:50 AM PST
According to your profile you are in DC and the offer isn't valid in DC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2013 3:41:59 AM PST
If Vera is correct and the offer isn't available to you, an alternative method would be to purchase an Amazon gift card for yourself at whatever intervals and for whatever amounts you can afford, and when you've built up enough GC credit, buy your Fire then.

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 3:42:02 AM PST
Chris H. says:
Not everyone is offered this "deal" Last month Amazon offered me the chance to try any Kindle I wanted for FREE, whereby they didn't even obtain credit card authorization or put any type hold on my credit card or bank account. I choose the Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX and they shipped it out overnight to me. They gave me 30 days to try it and see if I liked it or not, if I liked it and wanted to keep it, then and and only then would they get authorization and charge my credit card If after 30 days I didn't want to keep it, I just send it back and thats it. No hold, just try before buying. Then last week they came out with that 25% down offer I read about all over the net, (CNET, Gizmodo, Etc) and it appeared from everything I read that anyone could take advantage of this offer. NOT SO!!!! I couldn't find the link anywhere on the Amazon page, Kindle page and even tried checking out to see if the offer came up. IT DIDN"T. I contacted Amazon and asked them why I couldn't find the link. They sent me a link and said "IF I QUALIFIED, then it would would have an option to click "accept" Well when I clicked on the link, it said "YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS PROMOTION" THis really pissed me off. I mean for goodness sake, if I wanted to keep the kindle and not pay for it, I could easily do so with the one they sent me without gettting authorization, PLUS if you do keep it without paying OR if you accept the 25 percent down offer and fail to make future payments, Amazon essentially closes your account and blocks your kindle from receiving all Amazon content. And as we all know, a Kindle without any of the Amazon features is essentially a BRICK. I am sending MY kindle back despite really wanting to keep it, but since they are being such JERKS by not letting me take advantage of the 25% down offer, I'm not keeping the kindle. I guess they really don't give a damn if they lose me as a customer even though I average placing 5 to 10 orders PER WEEK, EVERY WEEK!! Well, I went to T-mobile and got the iPad Air and got 12 months NO INTEREST financing and 250 mb's FREE HIGH SPEED DATA for LIFE. Way to go Amazon, you just lost a good customer who wanted to buy your Kindle yet despit3e trusting me enough to send me a kindle 8.9 HDX for FREE with no Authorization hold on my CC, I guess you don't trust that I will pay your installments despite the fact that if I wanted to I could just keep this kindle and not return it. The risk amazon took they took by sending it to me with no CC authorization. The risk of me no completing installment payments after paying 25% down is MINIMAL in comparison. Seems to me IDIOTS are running their marketing dept.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2013 6:49:49 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
I'm sure you'll be happy with your iPad.

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 7:57:17 AM PST
sonnwi says:
Will Amazon be offering this installment plan for the Kindle Fire HDX and others again?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 8:00:07 AM PST
no one knows

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:25:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2014 8:39:46 AM PST
Can you spell "entitlement"? LOL

ETA this is in response to Chris H not to OP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 10:59:19 AM PST
flipoid says:
So, you didn't qualify for a particular offer. Boo hoo. Enjoy your iPad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
kid's kindle fire..App Unavailable: SD Card Not Found??? 98 1 minute ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7904 3 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 4305 12 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9043 13 minutes ago
April Informal Poll--What are you reading? 194 14 minutes ago
My book purchased for my grandsons birthday 6 18 minutes ago
WiFi problems with Kindle Fire HD 7" 227 20 minutes ago
Kindle PW Battery Life 1 21 minutes ago
To people who really don't like the new upgrade 103 40 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - April 2016 908 41 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions