Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Badic Kindle won't charge

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2014 5:13:59 AM PST
I have not used my basic Kindle in a few weeks. When I went to use it a few days ago it was dead (no surprise that). I charged it and the light on the side went from orange to green but when I looked at the screen it showed that the Kindle was not charged. I tried another charger last night and it is still dead this morning. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2014 5:24:42 AM PST
MikeJW says:
Uh oh ... not good to let the battery discharge. Hopefully, the battery isn't kaput. Try holding the power button for 30 seconds and see if that helps.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 5:45:28 AM PST
Yeah that did it! I held it for 30 seconds and the screen blinked, then the start up screen with the tree and the progress bar showed up and it is on and full charged. I did try holdings the button down last night but maybe not long enough. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 6:03:30 AM PST
owen says:
my kindle wont charge the charging lite will not light

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2014 6:38:21 AM PST
MikeJW says:
Good deal, Melissa. Glad that the reboot worked. Seriously though, don't let the battery drain; even if not using, keep it charged. Have a great day reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2014 7:20:01 AM PST
Which Kindle? How are you trying to charge it? Via computer or wall? Have you tried another charger?
Owen, we can't help with no info.

If you prefer, contact Kindle support by clicking on help at the top or bottom of any Amazon page. Click on the Contact Us button on the right. Answer the questions and the correct contact info is shown. I suggest using the phone so you can answer the questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2014 8:12:56 AM PST
Yes I won't let that happen again!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1385 2 hours ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Adding Audiobooks to a music playlist 0 35 seconds ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3932 35 seconds ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1558 5 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9755 9 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 607 9 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2151 11 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 147 19 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7966 20 minutes ago
kindle freetime text to speech?? 17 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions