Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Synchronizing time with Paperwhite

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 10:47:06 AM PDT
How do I get Paperwhite to synchronize its clock to Amazon's Clock without having to set the clock manually?

Sync and check for items wouldn't do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 11:26:23 AM PDT
 Ann says:
You can choose to set the time automatically if you have a 3G+wifi model. If you have the wifi-only model, you'll need to set the clock manually.

Home->Menu->Settings->Device Options->Device Time

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 11:35:02 AM PDT
I have the same problem OP has. I have the 3G + WiFi and the clock won't keep time if it's set to automatically update the time. I called customer service and they didn't know what to do about it; they had never heard of that problem, so I've just put it on Manual and will re-set it myself when the time changes.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 8:26:32 AM PST
I have tried to set my clock on the kindle paperwhite 3G - both manually and automatically and it seems everytime I charge it the time stops.
Is anyone else having this problem? I have had this since Christmas and still struggling with the clock. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 8:34:14 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Contact customer support...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 9:28:13 AM PST
Thanks Jeff, I did. Apparently there was an update and since I usually leave the wifi off and only use the 3G connection I missed out on it. Got it now and will see if this solves my problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 9:29:35 AM PST
see if you have the latest update...if not then update your Kindle and this will supposedly take care of the issue. We will see:)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions