Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do I change my old address?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2014 9:33:40 AM PDT
I have tried changing an old address but thing keep being shipped to it and not to our new address --but some things are shipped to new address.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 9:38:33 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Do you realize this is the Kindle discussion Forum?
You might get more help on the General Help Forum -- click on help above and look for Help Forum.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 9:40:03 AM PDT
 Ann says:
Click 'Your Account' at the top of any Amazon page, then 'Manage Address Book'. Delete your old address there, and make sure you new one is selected as the default 1-click and shipping address.

Also, when you make a purchase and go through the checkout process, make sure the correct shipping address is displayed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 10:24:21 AM PDT
Stop choosing that address at checkout.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 1:10:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2014 1:10:45 PM PDT
I thought when I changed addresses that the old one was deleted-especially since several items were sent to the new address-it was only when something of a greater amount was sent to the older address that I tried to get it deleted.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 1:30:27 PM PDT
This is why you should always PAY ATTENTION when you're ordering. The address is always shown before you confirm your order. If that's not the address you want your item(s) sent to, change it before you confirm the order.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014 2:38:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2014 2:38:46 PM PDT
It's not deleted unless you deliberately delete it because lots of people have multiple ship-to addresses. I have some things shipped to my office (surprises for the kids, maybe) and some stuff sent to the house (my daughter orders make-up, for example).

But I also have all the grandparents' addresses in there for when we've sent gifts. My neighbor's address is a choice, from once when I ordered door bows for the neighborhood (or something like that) so she'd get it in 2 days with my Prime. I also used my Prime to order some instructional supplies for a friend who homeschools.

So each time I order, I visually confirm that it's going where I want it to go.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 14, 2014
Latest post:  May 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions