Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Payment

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2013 5:06:00 AM PST
Is there anyway to postpone the 30 day period when my credit card is charged for Kindle Fire HDX after receiving it at no cost per Amazon's promotion?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 5:10:37 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
I doubt it. Amazon said "30 days", not "45 days" or "60 days".

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 5:12:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2013 5:14:21 AM PST
Delos says:
Are you speaking of the HDX installments payments offer? The first part of your question (presumably addressing the first 25% payment that's due right away, not the second installment, which is due 90 days later) is more between you and your credit card company. They charge right away 25% of the amount to whatever credit card you select for the purchase, and it's really up to that company's terms how they'll react to you making that month's card payment late, if that's what you're asking.

If you mean the payment after the initial one, then luckily, that's 90 days later, not 30. More terms here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001918441

(edit - oops, forgot the link)

"At checkout, we'll charge 25% of the device price, plus any applicable tax and shipping charges in full. The remaining balance will be automatically billed to your credit card in three equal installments every 90 days."

(edit - sorry Pat, didn't see your answer while typing - if you guys are talking about an offer other than that one, though, let me know. I'm curious if there's one I haven't seen yet; there seem to be a few running now. Luckily.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 5:14:39 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
I think there was an offer of "Try the Kindle for 30 days with no charge".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 5:20:33 AM PST
Delos says:
Cool! Good to know. The only one I saw was more a 'you-pay-up-front-but-get-your-whole-purchase-price-refunded-if-not-satisfied-with-the-device,-if-you-return-it-in-time' as the definition of 'risk free' type offer. Not so much a 'no-actual-payment-due-up-front' one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 5:21:02 AM PST
Your best bet is to contact Kindle support by clicking on help at the top or bottom of any Amazon page. Then the contact us button on the next page. Answer the questions and the correct contact info is shown.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 Dec 15, 2014
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 9336 21 seconds ago
Conversations with Echo 497 12 minutes ago
Unable to purchase on kindle 0 15 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 5843 16 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 1958 16 minutes ago
How do i automatically get a book to download into my Kindle instead of the Cloud? 15 17 minutes ago
Kindle free help 1 19 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 1934 29 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 7433 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions