Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Getting a Kindle repaired in Sydney, Australia

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2012 4:31:25 AM PDT
P. Digby says:
The screen while not cracked is not displaying the information correctly. I've tried rebooting but that didn't work. Think I need to get it repaired, but I live in Sydney...
Any repairers near-by?

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:44:42 AM PDT
No, P. Digby, amazon doesn't repair, they replace. Jump across to the Aussie kindlers thread and read Julie's latest post - it tells you exactly what to do:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgNo=510&cdPage=21&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxMDK6TJ7BBDRT&cdMsgID=Mx18UHHL71H5PR0#Mx18UHHL71H5PR0

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:49:17 AM PDT
JJulieJ says:
As CBP said, I've just posted the info on the Aussie thread, so pop over there.

If your Kindle is still under warranty Amazon should replace it, if not they may offer you a discounted replacement.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:42:09 PM PDT
J. Melia says:
Kindle is frozen. Displaying last page read for 7 days.
How do I get a replacement?
It was a Christmas gift. Is it still under warrantee?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:49:46 PM PDT
@ J. Melia - Did you follow the instructions posted above by CBP the bookworm? Very easy to do and Kindle support will be the best one to tell you if it is still under warranty. All Kindles come with a 1 year warranty.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 3:03:38 PM PDT
Reading along and then kindle goes to menu and will not bring back book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 5:42:03 AM PDT
I had the same experience and amazon replaced it as it was in warranty. However less than 6 months later I have the same problem with the replacement. I don't want to throw the kindle away if I can GE it repaired reasonably

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:35:34 PM PDT
dawa34444 says:
Kindle fire will not charge. No light on the power button. Any idea's?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:27:31 PM PDT
And this is relevant to this thread how, exactly? You're presumably not even in Australia, given the Fire isn't released here yet.

I recommend you use the search box on the RHS of the page here (uncheck the box that says "search only this discussion") to find help on this topic; there's a lot already out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 10:37:44 PM PDT
@dawa34444: CBP is correct, but try performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire. Unplug the Fire from all power sources and then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 4:41:46 AM PDT
dawa34444 says:
My error. Thank you mate!

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:14:45 PM PDT
My kindle will not recognize the Internet. This after a year of use in my home and on the road. Talked with kindle. They tried to reset, then said all I could do would be to buy a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 1:05:50 PM PDT
spookiewon says:
Yes. How long do you think a company should warranty a product they sell to you below their cost? You used it for a year, they warranty it for a year. Buy a new one.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:44:57 AM PST
Donnie12 says:
My cord to my kinle is not work.. the problem is at the connection to the kindle. The small indicator light has been flashing. I currently hacee about 10 books whichnI cannot
access. What do I DO NOW?

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:48:01 PM PST
My Kindle Fire won't turn on. I have had it charging for a while and it just won't come on. I have tried holding the power button for 20 sec. and that hasn't worked. Please help!?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:50:27 AM PST
my 95 yo. Aunt has a regular kindle and it shows 4 quadrants none readable. I tried to reboot with no luck
Any Ideas

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:01:31 AM PST
PJ says:
Start a new thread so someone will respond to YOUR question and not overlook it because the thread is for a repair issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 2:47:08 AM PDT
reg says:
thanks, just tried on my frozen kindle....it worked!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 2:48:14 AM PDT
reg says:
thanks, tried on my frozen kinle...it worked!!

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 11:34:42 PM PDT
Grandma lily says:
Some letters on the key pad don't work. How can this be fixed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 11:50:42 PM PDT
Which device is it, Grandma Lily?

If (as I suspect) it's the kindle keyboard, one of the suggestions others have made is to buy a can of compressed air and spray it in around the keys to dislodge any dust or grit underneath. I have no idea where to buy that, but either Bunnings or SuperCheap Auto would probably be good starting places.

If you end up needing to talk to Kindle customer service about it, you can request that they call you, and I can give you the steps for how to do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2013 1:13:33 AM PDT
Grandma lily says:
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try Bunnings this weekend.
If that doesn't help I'll get Kindle customer service to phone me.
By the way, love my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 7:21:08 PM PDT
Grandma lily says:
Tried the compressed air but unfortunately that didn't work. How can I request Kindle customer service to call me?
Grandma Lily.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 7:50:54 PM PDT
Up the top of this (and any Amazon) page, click on the blue "Help" word. Then, over on the right, click on the "contact us" button halfway down the page. You'll be asked to sign in. You can skip this step (using the option at the foot of the page) but it helps if they have your details ready when they call you, so signing in is preferable.

Then:
1) for "what can I help with?" click "kindle"
2) click which device is yours, or if it's not shown click "my kindle is not shown" (if you have several devices/apps registered to the account, you may need to scroll right using the arrow beside the pics to find the appropriate device)
3) for "tell us more about your issue" choose "Kindle device" then "problem with my kindle" then "my kindle is frozen/unresponsive"
4) Click on the "call us" option. Don't worry - you're going to get them to call you. The next screen that shows will ask you to select your country and then put in your phone number (the +61 at the beginning is what they have to dial to reach Australia; you should put in your phone number including area code but without the leading zero, so eg. 03-9543 2186 would be 3 9543 2186. Or if you're giving them a mobile number, you don't need to state area code, but again, drop the leading zero, so 0414 123 456 would be put in as 414 123 456)
5) Choose "call me now" or "call in 5 minutes" and make sure your phone is handy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jun 19, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions