Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon Fire 3D

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2014 7:51:21 AM PDT
Joel says:
So I'm visiting the Skinomi site and they had this:
http://www.skinomi.com/amazonfire3d.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 7:52:33 AM PDT
So, is that a phablet, or what?

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 7:54:17 AM PDT
Official announcement due on Monday.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 7:55:36 AM PDT
Joel says:
Regardless of what you call it, there's a picture and a listing about a week before the alleged announcement.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 7:57:18 AM PDT
Dittie says:
The other ten items have the name spelled "Amazone."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:09:02 AM PDT
Whoever released the picture probably violated a non-disclosure agreement and will be persona non grata with Amazon in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:18:02 AM PDT
If this is accurate, it's a phone. It's listed under cell phones>amazon cell phones

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:22:14 AM PDT
Yes, it's almost certainly a phone.

It allegedly will be like a small Kindle Fire tablet and have a 3D viewable screen, where 3D means that from most angles, it appears that you are looking directly down at the face of the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:32:53 AM PDT
I just HOPE they don't call it a Kindle..................

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:47:04 AM PDT
Joel says:
unless Jeff wanted a little leakage to prime the pump.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 8:55:14 AM PDT
Oh carp. The device in the photo says Kindle on the top. Hopefully that's not a picture of the real device.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 9:24:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2014 2:33:00 PM PDT
Yes, if they didn't just grab the specs reported and made a mockup to grab news space and discussions --which its' likely they did (fake) -- any non-disclosure agreement would have been violated and they'd get nothing out of it.

I wrote about what was being said about this on trusted sites, on June 5 (and it seems way beyond any rumor range), at
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2014/06/amazon-kindle-3d-smartphone-launch-june.html

- Andrys

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 10:51:09 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Photoshop could take an android phone, and make it look like a Fire.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:58:36 AM PDT
S_Allen says:
Not sure why it matters what it's called. I have heard they are going to come out with a 3d phone.I'm not sure what purpose that actually serves.It would have to REALLY be something to get me to switch from my HTC is all I can say. Ilove my firehd but this HTC is the absolute best phone I've ever held it it ain't broke...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 11:02:24 AM PDT
The reason it matters to the denizens hereabouts is that this (as you can see by the name) is the *Kindle* Forum, which was quickly overrun by questions about APPS and Reading Outside and Blue Fringe and Flash and Video Streaming and Mirroring and Pop Ups and Silk...

...ad nauseum. The Fire people needed their own forum to talk about Firey things. The phone people will need their own forum to talk about phoney things.

But nooooo. They'll all end up HERE, and people who would like to discuss actual KINDLES will have to sift through the stoopit.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 11:10:57 AM PDT
iLLumiShield - Amazon Fire Phone Screen Protector / Anti-Glare Matte HD Clear Film / Anti-Bubble & Anti-Fingerprint / Premium Invisible Crystal Shield - Free LifeTime - [3-Pack] Retail Packaging

i-UniK Amazon Fire 3D Smart Phone Dual Layer Hybrid Protection Case (Black)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 1:30:04 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
I dunno. That looks like a Photoshopped image of a Fire screen, a Kindle logo, and a standard Android phone. I don't see, for example, the four tracking cameras the 3D phone is supposed to have.

Whatever. The chances of this being of interest to me are slim and none.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 2:29:16 PM PDT
I bought new Fires every year when they were released, then the Fire TV...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 2:32:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2014 2:34:40 PM PDT
Joel says:
Interesting enough to let everybody know how disinterested you were.
So. Why would Skinomi make this up? Wouldn't be the first time a retailer used a dummied-up picture because no production models, prototypes, or mockups were available.
I'm just pointing out that this exists in the Skinomi online catalogue. Until Jeff announces, nobody knows nothin' for sure.

Also, apparently, Skinomi isn't alone in starting the marketing avalanche.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 2:40:36 PM PDT
Rogue says:
I think the worst possible name would be Kindle Fire 3D. There's enough confusion already when asking someone which device they have. Why not just Amazon 3D phone?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 2:41:28 PM PDT
Well, to be fair, these ARE customer discussions. And part of the discussion might be who is AND who isn't interested in an Amazon phone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 2:42:32 PM PDT
The device so nice they named it twice.

I mean three.. I mean four...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 2:43:39 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
Of course it's interesting in the abstract to anyone who follows the tech market. New phones that offer something innovative are rare, and the Amazon phone will undoubtedly cause a stir both because it seems likely to have some tech innovations, and because there may be an unorthodox pricing model.

Personally, I don't use smartphones because my needs for voice communications are modest and satisfied by a Tracfone, and my needs for data are satisfied by wifi and a pay-as-you-go data plan on my iPad. But that doesn't mean I don't have reason to follow Amazon's impact on the CE market.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 3:38:09 PM PDT
Well, the iWatch or whatever it is, is supposed to be a 'bigger hit' than the iPhone... yawn
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Fire HD 7": Auto Brightness Not Working? 16 3 minutes ago
What is my kindle email address? 41 7 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 8087 8 minutes ago
voyage vs paperwhite which is better? 34 10 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 7557 13 minutes ago
Landscape view? 2 17 minutes ago
My latest order has not come through on my Kindle. I have new Address. The Address is Sidney Peters, 400 Clocktower Ridge Drive Apt 15, Winchester, Va. 22603 4 21 minutes ago
Music Not Working in Kindle Fire 34 23 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 184 32 minutes ago
Kindle repair in Bangalore, India 8 57 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions