Showing 1-25 of 142 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2013 10:11:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 10:14:40 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 10:11:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 10:14:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:25:35 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Hello LoB
Wonderful start and new pretty artwork too, together with a very thoughtful thought of the day.
Hope all is going well in your world

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:28:10 PM PDT
LOB, I hopped in one of your rocking chairs on your veranda but I think I'm going to fall asleep. They are very comfortable.
Have a great night. I'm off to sleep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:33:43 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Night Elizabeth sleep well and hope you will wake up refreshed and ready to post again - see you later

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 10:33:57 PM PDT
Thank you for the start Lover of Books. Love the Mother Theresa quote.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:34:04 PM PDT
Good morning redandwhite. I am a bit discombobulated this last week or so. Definitely feeling off my game.

I hope you have a good day at work today. The weekend is close.... ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:34:45 PM PDT
Sweet dreams Elizabeth! 💜

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:35:54 PM PDT
Thank you Donna! You can't ever go wrong with Mother Teresa. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:46:39 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ LoB
So sorry to hear that the last week has been so tough on you - sometimes one has to take the time off and take care of No.1 and I hope that you are remembering to do that and resting as much as possible.
A new day will soon loom for you full of new possibilities ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 10:58:44 PM PDT
It'll pass red. I think between the cold I had and the idea of starting over with another new neurologist I'm just struggling at the moment. I didn't even quite realize it until the last few days. Tomorrow will be a new day and hopefully a better day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 11:07:24 PM PDT
"What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway." - keep this in mind for the new neurologist, Wendy. A fresh set of eyes can help; hopefully the doctor will be willing to work with you and your past history. See you tomorrow all :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 11:12:24 PM PDT
Goodnight Donna. Have good dreams.

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 11:41:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 10:14:58 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 1:37:45 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ LoB
Still love the ducks on LO - hope you sleep well ♥

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 1:39:25 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Linda B.
I do hope that you had a good birthday - perhaps you can drop in and tell us what you did on the day :-)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 1:43:23 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
Castle Cay (Julie O'Hara Mystery Series) by Lee Hanson

Publication Date: January 25, 2011
When her best friend is murdered, Julie O'Hara, a body language expert, packs up her suspicion and flies to Boston for his funeral. Who could have killed rising artist Marc Solomon, and what does Castle Cay, the Solomon's mysterious Caribbean island, have to do with it? Before long, Julie's sixth-sense pulls a hidden string that unravels a deadly conspiracy...and her own troubled past.
Book 1: Castle Cay
Book 2: Swan Song
Book 3: Mystral Murder (Julie O'Hara Mystery Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 4:04:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2013 4:06:33 AM PDT
Biscay says:
Elizabeth, no sooner do I pop in for the briefest moment but I end up getting a lovely gift from you. Thank you so much, you should have (as usual), I love your hair cut ( had no idea how to imagine you, so a front pic will be required now to finish the impression, please :) but very stylish from the back view).

BubbaK and Kathy/OregonFiddler, wow, your tales are really some "medical adventures" - and more to boot with family things to add on to your woes - my heart goes out to you both. And of course everyone who needs a hug now - wish my arms could reach that far :)

Sandy, how is your ankle today? Redandwhite, anxiously awaiting the report of what sweets are being served with lunch today.

I know I said I was too busy to post but how can I stay away from everyone here? You are all too kind and inviting. Thank you.

Biscay xx

PS - LOB-Wendy - thank you for your indefatigable starts which never seem to falter despite the way you may be feeling. I hope that your new doctor turns out to be a real find, and that you can turn that elusive corner as soon as possible. We don't really miss your cheery self because that's all we see, but it would be nice if you felt as bright as you always sound.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 4:43:02 AM PDT
Susan says:
Morning all, great start Wendy :)

The Last Memory (The Memory Trilogy)
College student Noah Lane's best friend always joked life was over once you turned twenty-one. Imagine Noah's surprise when that rings true the night before his twenty-first birthday as he finds himself hopelessly protecting a beautiful homeless girl from a magical assassin. Noah didn't die that night, but his normal life was over.

Waking up from the worst birthday ever, Noah finds out his world has quite literally been turned upside-down. He's been ripped from the human world and dropped into one where magic still exists and fairy tale creatures are the norm. Not only that, but there are four other killers on the odd girl's trail.

With no way home and a strange darkness growing inside him, Noah has no choice but to follow her, along with a schizophrenic werewolf and his pet Winnebago, as they journey across the magical countryside in an attempt to escape the remaining killers and destroy the mysterious being that sent them.

Noah will need to embrace the darkness in order to protect his new friends and the two worlds, but in the process he might become the very thing they are running from and the catalyst that destroys everything.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 5:20:17 AM PDT
new mom says:
One free from my wishlist today: Kaleidoscope Summer (Samantha's Story). I honestly don't remember adding this one to my wishlist so it must be part of a series I was trying to pick up.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 5:32:06 AM PDT
Suze says:
LOB,

Great start....you find the best quotes!

Back to the veranda.....maybe I'll be allowed to re-rent the margarita machine, now that we got the ceiling fan repaired!

Let me know when it's 5:00 in your corner of the world and I will whip you up your choice
of beverage and we can sit and talk and watch the world go by!

******I am missing smurphy....we would love to hear what your kids are up to this summer. *****

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 5:46:51 AM PDT
Two hours and fifteen minutes and I'll be in for my drink. I am oh so in the mood for a strawberry Margarita, but I do have to go to work tomorrow as well...

Hi, all!

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 5:58:31 AM PDT
E. Timmie says:
Gardening News...

This year, BUGS seem to be the news. I had slugs on the peppers, fruit worms on the tomatoes, and leafminers on the citrus. Slugs are finally under control with Monterey Sluggo Snail & Slug Control For Organic Gardening - 2.5 lb Shaker Bottle LG6500. Still fighting the fruit worms with Thuricide Concentrate, 8 Ozs. Silly worms actually burrow into the tomatoes so it makes it difficult to treat. And finally battling the leafminers with Bayer Crop Science 701520A Fruit/Citrus/Vegetable Concentrate Insect Control, 32-Ounce. Will not see the results of that treatment for over 6 months. Problem with leafminers is that they burrow into the leaves and thus typical treatments with insecticide cannot reach them.

So the moral of this story is that "If you are thinking that you will plant a garden to save you grocery money, FORGET IT!" The garden allows you to produce better tasting and fresher produce but it is costly.

Now back to reading these books that will hopefully help me learn how to avoid these pests in the future.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 6:00:22 AM PDT
KayKay says:
Hey LoB - thanks for the start, love the thought for the day. Wise advice from a wise woman posted by a wise woman. Thanks

So great to hear from some MIAs yesterday. Hugs and prayers and happy sailing through RL for a change.
You are always missed and thought of here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 6:15:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2013 6:20:36 AM PDT
Linda B says:
LoB and Red
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Love the cake although there should be a LOT more candles on it.
I did have a special birthday treat on Friday.
I got stuck in the elevator on the way out of my office building that afternoon. Not the way I had planned to celebrate my birthday. They were able to get the doors open after about 30 min so not as bad as it could have been.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Jun 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions