Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle books on Ipad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2013 3:45:06 PM PDT
Dan says:
We have an I pad and wanted to know if the reading and audio addition was available on the I pad. The text to speech that shows the words highlighted as it speaks it option or is it only working on the Kindle.

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 3:52:25 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
The apps do not have the Text to Speech or the Immersion reading feature. You have to use a actual Kindle for those and the Immersion reading is only the Fire HD models.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2013 4:00:20 PM PDT
Dan says:
Thanks

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 4:34:40 PM PDT
I have the kindle app on my iPad. I can check out kindle books from my library by using ncdigitallibrary. It has worked fine. As of last week it said download failed. I tried buying a book from Amazom in kindle form and it downloaded with no problem. I have tried deleting the app and starting over. I have tried shutting down my iPad. Nothing has worked. Help!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2013 6:38:20 PM PDT
Sarida says:
Check with your library to see if your card has expired. That happened to me this spring when I forgot to renew it.

Also, is this EVERY book or just a particular book?

Have you tried checking out an EPUB book with the Overdrive app? You have to have Adobe registered to run overdrive on your iPad. It's time consuming, but easy. I set it up on my PC, so all I had to do was login when it requested it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2013 7:04:47 PM PDT
Some publishers require that you download Kindle e-books to a computer and then transfer them via USB.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions