Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Why does my kindle screen keep freezing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2011 2:35:59 PM PDT
Kass says:
i have a 2nd generation kindle and it is the 2nd one i have received. The first one i left alone for a couple hours and when i picked it up to read a book the screen was frozen. Now i left in my room for a day and half my screen is frozen. I just want to know if the kindle is not of good quality.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 2:38:33 PM PDT
Were you listening to a book with the 'text to speech'? If you pause it without turning it off it will often freeze up.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 3:24:38 PM PDT
Daisy says:
@kimmy,

When you finish reading, do press the "Home" button?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 3:47:58 PM PDT
Kass says:
not all the timw

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 9:31:31 PM PDT
Daisy says:
@kimmy,

Do you have a pet that could have jumped on the screen? Does sunlight coming through a window hit your Kindle for several hours per day?

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 7:10:15 AM PDT
Melissa M. says:
You're not alone. This has been a perennial problem with my K3s, and I have had to send them in for replacement several times. Some posts have suggested that the covers with the prongs are responsible, but I don't think Amazon has admitted to that problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 7:26:37 AM PDT
Kass says:
no and no

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 7:28:12 AM PDT
Are you sure you have a K2? Is there a dedicated row of number keys?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 7:29:13 AM PDT
Amazon refunded anyone who contacted them about problems with that cover, AND they gave an additional $25 as well. They also pulled those covers. So I would say they admitted to the problem.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 7:35:14 AM PDT
I have K3 and mine froze Sunday night. I tried the hard reset recommended holding it for 15 seconds, didn't work. Someone on one these lists told me to try to hold it for 30 seconds. I didn't think that was working either but then my fingernail slipped between the little square and the down arrow and I think I loosened what was stuck.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 7:37:28 AM PDT
Danica says:
@Kimmy

You need to contact Kindle Customer Service, especially since you have had two Kindles with the same problem (evidently).

Kindles are well made, but there have been problems -- though far fewer than one might expect given the number that are in use. Kindle Customer Service is very good and will work with you to identify the problem and resolve it, if possible. There is no point in discussing what might happen next. First things first. Call Kindle CS.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 5:14:00 PM PDT
Kass says:
Yes there is bought it last june before #3

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 11:16:52 AM PDT
Paige says:
My kindle fire froze up when I was Using google. I tried turning it off but it just stayed on that page. The screen then went black and turned off. I turned it back on and it worked fine. Why is that?

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 3:35:26 PM PST
This dreaded pause was getting to me also.

The solution I have found has worked every time.

When highlighting; place your cursor at the highlight start point, then say the words tick tock to yourself as you press the 5 way button once for tick and once for tock, both times with the cursor at the same spot. It is all in the timing (about a half second apart). This will mark a sentence or two from that point.

Then go to 'View My Notes & Marks' to check how much was highlighted, I think you will be pleased. Look once, to see how much gets highlighted using this method.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 11 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 11 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Free Books & Chat - Tuesday - March 31, 2015 43 1 minute ago
Free Books & Chat - April 2015 2 3 minutes ago
Kindle Fire can't access or open apps or the App Store! What's wrong with it? I've turned it off and on numerous times. No help. It's accessing Facebook ok but security warnings are popping up like crazy. HELP!! 232 17 minutes ago
Masculine and femenine voices 4 32 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 2854 37 minutes ago
how to loan a Kindle book 1 37 minutes ago
March Informal Poll--What are you reading? 342 59 minutes ago
How do I unlock a new Kindle Fire? 101 1 hour ago
newest kindle fires wont connect to wpa...warning to all!!! 7 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions