Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I regret buying a kindle.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 102 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2014 2:52:34 PM PDT
pauls says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 2:54:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2014 3:02:27 PM PDT
Arual says:
Hi pauls,

The very best way to contact Kindle Support is by using the phone option. Click "Help" on top of this screen, the "Contact Us" on the right. You'll get a call back in minutes.

But I think I can help you: Go to "Your Account" on the top right of this screen, then "Manage Your Content and Devices." Once there, deregister the Fire. Then your family member can register it to his/her own account, and you won't get any more e-mails - you won't have any connection to that Fire at all.

Write back if you need any more help, or contact Kindle Support.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 2:55:39 PM PDT
Well, since you don't actually want help here, either, bye-bye now.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 2:56:37 PM PDT
Of course there's a phone number. I often Google it for non-whinging people.

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:09:25 PM PDT
You realize that if you are getting the purchase emails, your credit card or gift card balance is being used for the other person's purchases? I doubt that you successfully clicked on "this is a gift", since computers don't make mistakes like that. You need to deregister the Fire from your account, and have the other person register it to his/her account.

Of course there is a phone number. Just use the Help link at the top of every page, and click on the big orange "Contact Us" button, then choose "Call me". They often call within seconds.

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:15:26 PM PDT
you could also go to your account, click on the manage your content and devices and select the deregister for the kindle you gifted - the recipient will then have to re-register the device

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:19:21 PM PDT
pauls says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:20:35 PM PDT
And oh, boy, is the recipient going to get a surprise when all of the content purchased goes bye-bye when it's de-registered.............

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:20:40 PM PDT
pauls says:
What are "non-whinging people"?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:21:50 PM PDT
☼Becky☼ says:
People who don't say things like "So instead of trying to email again and spend a lot of time to fix it I will just ban myself from ever using amazon again."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:22:24 PM PDT
pauls says:
What is the phone number? I saw that they'll call me but I didn't see a phone number. Could you give it to me?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:23:29 PM PDT
Can you not use Google?

Or you could just click the "Help" link found at the top and bottom of every single Amazon page, and once you click that nifty link, there's a bright orange/yellow "Contact Us" button on the right side of the page.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:24:21 PM PDT
They'll call you. You don't need a phone number for them to call you.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:24:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 26, 2014 1:27:51 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:24:55 PM PDT
pauls says:

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:25:42 PM PDT
Bwhaha!

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:25:43 PM PDT
☼Becky☼ says:
Sweet baby Moses.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:25:53 PM PDT
No. You can click it though. Why not give it a shot and see what happens?

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:26:17 PM PDT
pauls says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:26:45 PM PDT
I do believe this is the first time I've ever posted step-by-step instructions on how to contact customer service and then been asked to take those steps by someone too lazy to do it themselves.

There really is a first time for everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:27:11 PM PDT
Are you serious?

CLICK THE HELP LINK. Then CLICK THE "Contact Us" BUTTON.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:27:41 PM PDT
pauls says:

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 3:28:32 PM PDT
pauls says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:28:58 PM PDT
*sigh*

What happens when you click the "Contact Us" button? Have you actually bothered to try that yet or are you too lazy? You have to answer a couple of questions and you're taken to a page that gives you the option of calling them, emailing them, or having them call you.

Seriously, freaking CLICK THAT BUTTON.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 3:29:12 PM PDT
I have tried it. It works wonderfully.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 644 6 minutes ago
changing default search engine on search bar 34 18 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1835 44 minutes ago
Turn off Voyage backlight? 363 45 minutes ago
So can you turn the Paperwhite light completely off? 733 52 minutes ago
"Summarize" for students 35 59 minutes ago
How to cancel a rented textbook on Kindle? 11 1 hour ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 40 1 hour ago
Amazon Echo drops connection every day. 54 1 hour ago
Account Hacked, Gift Card Balance Stolen!!! 49 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  102
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions