Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Buying Kindle Fire HD for Kids and Have Questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 8:51:44 AM PST
EllyKay says:
I apologize that this has probably been asked and answered several times, but I am confused in reading the different threads on similar subjects. We are buying each of our kids a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas. They are young and all at home. I want to make sure I can attach them all to my prime account. Can I do that when they are received, or do I have to do something before they are purchased? I noticed some comments about having to order them as 'gifts'. Also, I have never utilized the books or movies on Amazon. Is that a user friendly process? Are there plenty of selections for kids? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:37:12 AM PST
If you want to be sure, then ask Kindle and not a bunch of customers at least one of whom, me, is nuts. Click "help" at the top of this page and then follow the bright orange "Contact Us" button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:44:48 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
FUD53 did you change your name??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:45:54 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
They can all be attached to your Prime account. Make sure to set up the parental controls before they start using them or it could cost you a small fortune for all of their purchases :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:46:08 AM PST
King Al says:
That's what I thought until I read the part where he admitted he is nuts. Fud53 would never make that admission.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:48:12 AM PST
You'd only mark them as gifts if they were going to be registered to an account other than your own. Since you want them registered to your account, they'll arrive already registered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:50:08 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
To use an old computer science term; when it comes to Fud53, his code is self-documenting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Amazon Oasis 1996 28 seconds ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1896 54 seconds ago
Gifting a Kindle 5 11 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 199 11 minutes ago
print out a listing of my kindle ebooks 2 16 minutes ago
June Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 221 19 minutes ago
So can you turn the Paperwhite light completely off? 741 22 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5645 22 minutes ago
my kindle is frozen 2 23 minutes ago
Video unavailable 0 33 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions