Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I lost my place while reading "A song of ice and fire"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2013 8:38:33 AM PDT
Hi,
I have the kindle paper white & i was reading the "A Song Of Ice And Fire" series. I have all of the 5 books together. I was at the beginning of "A Storm Of Swords" & somehow i got it all messed up & have lost my place. I think i was around 34% or so but i cant remember exactly. I know i was at the beginning of the third book. How do i get back there?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 8:41:18 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
There should be a table of contents. Just bring up the menu and hit the Go To.

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 8:55:24 AM PDT
Debi says:
I've had my kindle reboot in the middle of reading and it's annoying. I usually start searching phrases to find my place. I also bookmark a lot and go to the last place bookmarked and start from that point if I have to start skimming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 8:59:39 AM PDT
i get that but it has a list of chapter numbers. i dont remember what chapter i was on. i just know its the start of the 3rd book

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 9:02:53 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Use Goto to take you to 34% and start reading, if it doesn't sound familiar, back up a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 9:05:32 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
usually when you go to the start of a book in that series, there's a more conventional table of contents with chapter headings

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 9:12:33 AM PDT
i think its because this is 5 books put together so its like chapter 75 instead of chapter 1. i am charging it up now but i will try again. Thank you for the responses everyone. i dont know how i got this thing all messed up. i was backing up a few pages to read some stuff over agin and the next thing i knew i was on some other chapter that i did not recognize and now i dont know where i am

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 9:21:21 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
I've got the 4-book set, and it has links to the different books at the beginning of the set.. Picking on one of the links takes you to the start of that book, and the chapter links for it... Can't imagine the 5-book set being different.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 9:22:32 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
you can see the different books listed

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 12:31:41 PM PDT
i had to go back to the beginning of the set. There i found a table of contents & was able to find my place again. thanks everyone fr your help

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 1:01:16 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Glad to hear it. Enjoy the series. I am at the same point in my reading as well. I don't have the set in one book though.

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 2:06:31 PM PDT
Arual says:
If you find yourself somewhere unexpected, pushing the Back button once or several times will often get you back to where you were.

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 4:20:13 PM PDT
Actually, where you are doesn't matter. Every character you like dies. That's it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 4:25:53 PM PDT
Oh no! Now you ruined it for me. LOL. Actually thats what i like about it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions