Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

sharing books between kindles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2013 11:56:56 PM PDT
Y E Kichmit says:
how do you share a book with another kindle?

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 12:12:19 AM PDT
Artist says:
Read http://www.amazon.com/kindle-lending

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 12:50:09 AM PDT
vj smith, are you referring to a friend's Kindle or another Kindle that is on your account?

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 4:50:53 AM PDT
giulia says:
Hi there

You can only share a book on your kindle with another device if the book is not DRM-protected. However, if you have a kindle device and a kindle viewer on your computer, then books will show up in both.

When i published my book 'Eat Your Heart Out' on Amazon, i bought a copy to check that it downloaded properly and then when i tried it a few times i was told that i had reached a limit on how many copies the book could be on one device.

Hope this helps a bit. There is quite a bit that can be discussed on the issue of lending or sharing books. :)

Kindest regards
Giulia Simolo

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 5:38:52 AM PDT
Two things, Giulia. One, self promotion is not allowed on this forum. If you remove the title of your book from your post it'll be fine. Otherwise you may find Amazon deletes the whole post. But two, I think your information is misleading. All devices/apps registered to one Amazon account have access to all the books purchased on that account (except where a purchase is unsuited to a particular device), though there are often restrictions on how many devices/apps it may be downloaded onto at the same time (the simultaneous use restriction).

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:12:06 AM PDT
Allie says:
Can purchased books be shared with kindle accounts?

Also, I don't understand how the lending library works

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:18:03 AM PDT
No.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:18:44 AM PDT
Some books can be shared between accounts, with restrictions. It's up to the publisher.

Lending library: books labelled prime-eligible may be borrowed, one/month, from actual Kindles, by primae account holders.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:37:33 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Allie, here's information on borrowing and lending books, including from the lending library and from pubic libraries: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_opt4/ref=kindle_help_forum_opt4?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx2HAGYYY2WJZ7L&ie=UTF8

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 5:36:54 PM PDT
Y E Kichmit says:
A friends kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 5:41:13 PM PDT
Artist says:
Read my post above, the first response to your question.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions