Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindles on sale in New Zealand

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2011 12:31:26 AM PDT
Guy C says:
Hi. For any Kiwis here, I just thought I'd let you guys know that some shops are about to start stocking Kindles in New Zeland, and are available for pre-order here!

Ok, I bought mine from Amazon direct and had to wait several weeks because Christmas happened in the middle of my order, but for those who would like to see one before they buy it, or buy it and actually have it straight away, they can find them in some stores here soon.

I'm not going to start advertising which stores though, I think that kind of promotion should be up to the shops in question!

Cheers all!

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 1:38:03 AM PDT
Dawn says:
I heard that rumor too, and I don't believe it! Apparently Countdown, the Warehouse and Whitcoulls will stock them. Also they will cost about $50 more if you buy them from the shop than if you buy them direct off amazon. Haha yeah right! I really don't believe that rumour.

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 2:50:23 AM PDT
Guy C says:
Oh what the hell! Ok, look on the DSE website. There will be other places too.
Whitcoulls selling them though? That is a reach since it would compete directly with their own Sony/Kobo range and ePub book store.

Happy hunting! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2011 3:09:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2011 3:10:27 AM PDT
They are about to go on sale in Oz too. DSE, Big W and Woolworths Supermarket of all places. Yes, they are about $50 more than if you purchase directly through Amazon but that saving is wiped out with p & H costs. Also, it will be good to have a local distributor in case of problems as I experienced with my original Kindle 3 which froze because of the original Amazon non-lighted leather cover.

Due to start selling here end of August but they are already on Big W website for pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2011 3:24:17 AM PDT
Guy C says:
True about the cost. I think I paid $223NZD to get my kindle and have it posted to me (this was the wifi only version). Same thing here is now $209.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 3:15:51 AM PDT
Ben White says:
Fantastic news--although with the current (bonkers) exchange rate it's a little cheaper to buy direct from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 5:40:11 AM PST
It's now a fair amount of time since your comment; in the last year I've seen Kindles on sale at Countdown, Dick Smith, The Warehouse, but not Whitcoulls.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions