Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Question or two about narration option

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2014 5:39:15 PM PST
jed clampett says:
So i just bought one of the Jeffrey Archer books on today's daily deal and noticed the narrated version offered for a reduced price of $2.99. Will this price go up tomorrow along with the price of the book itself or stay at $2.99? Also, as i have not ever bought an Audible book before wonder if I'm able to listen to it offline on an Android device i.e. mobile phone. So does the narrated version just go onto your Android's sd card and then you can just listen to it or do you have to be online? This seems like a pretty good system although walking around with your phone to listen is a little more cumbersome than if you were able to put it onto a smaller mp3 player for instance but i'm guessing there's not an option for that. If anyone can tell me a bit more about this and maybe pros and cons to Audible as well as my original questions that would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2014 5:49:03 PM PST
Dawn says:
1 - the whispersync price will remain the same :)
2 - to use on your phone download the audible app
3 - audible can be used on your mp3 player too

I love audible :)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 6:00:34 PM PST
jed clampett says:
Dawn, Hey thanks very much for the reply and answers to my queries. Wow that's great. So i guess that once you have audible you can hook up your mp3 and download the narrated version from their app or site..?? I guess i was a little confused because i hadn't realized that the fairly new 'add a narration' feature with kindle was in fact Audible which i thought was a rather expensive endeavor. Glad to hear you love Audible though because i often have the opportunity to listen to the radio while working and as much as i do like npr there are times when their topic may not interest me...i usually switch to music but being able to listen to a book would be great. thanks again!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2014
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions