Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire PAPER-written directions?????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2013 6:34:13 PM PDT
Need to book-learn stuff. anything available?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 6:41:59 PM PDT
Yes, PRINT your own!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 7:03:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:09 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 7:33:59 PM PDT
Arual says:
Katherine, you can find what Hot town referenced by clicking "Help" on the top of this screen, then clicking on the picture of the Kindles/Fires. You'll find the manual there, as well as videos, tutorials, and other information.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 7:45:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2013 7:45:08 PM PDT
Katherine - There is a user guide on the Kindle Fire. Look under "apps" for the "help & Feedback" app, and tap on it to access the user guide. The help pages on Amazon.com are also available here:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 9:50:55 PM PDT
I personally like putting the manual up on my computer screen and then working through it with my kindle in hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 6:05:15 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:10 AM PST]

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 6:10:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2013 6:11:38 AM PDT
For my cameras, programs, computers, and whatever I take the manual on a flash drive to the copy shop and for around $5 I get a printed, and bound, users manual. I usually do it between making a purchase decision and paying my money.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 6:17:29 AM PDT
Likewise...although with other gadgets these days I often drop the manual onto kindle and read from there. Lying on the bed is a much better getting-to-know-your-gadget position than sitting at the computer :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 6:21:52 AM PDT
Honestly, anymore? Most devices are designed to be fairly intuitive; you can learn a lot from just exploring the device itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:02:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:12 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:04:14 AM PDT
He's in Mexico.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:05:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:13 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:07:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:14 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:10:21 AM PDT
Okay, so this justifies having a tablet in each hand. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:35:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:16 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 8:41:29 AM PDT
Even that does have its advantages. Well, not to the budget, but it does have advantages.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:15:07 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
There's nothing wrong with reading manuals and reading books about devices but if you really want to learn them the best way is to just dig in and try things. That's how you'll learn faster and better and easier. It is frustrating at first, I know. And once you learn it it's still frustrating a lot of times. But by working through it you learn to love the frustrations and at that point you earn your geek hat. :)

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 9:30:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:19 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 9:35:01 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I think many people just have no idea of what a new device or software program is capable of so they never think to even look for things in the online help or they don't know what to call what they want to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 9:49:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:21 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 9:55:56 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Also people are buying Fires for others who do not know how to use them. My mother said someone gave her neighbor a Fire thinking she could use it for books. The woman doesn't have a computer and doesn't have wifi. The gifter had Best Buy set it up but now what?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 10:01:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:24 AM PST]

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 10:44:11 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
I live in a retirement home and I'm a long time techie; a retired computer programmer. I began working on computers long before they had screens. So all this is pretty fun for me.

Since I retired I've been buying computers and tablets for my use and when something better comes long I save my money and get it and give my old one to one of my neighbors. I'm in rural Arkansas where even TV is considered kind of complicated, and most of these people have never dealt with anything more difficult than a TV, so I have to teach them how to use these things.

Most are willing to start reading the manual and that helps if they'll really do it but the manuals tend to scare them off and not many make it very far. A few do actually read the manual and that does help. But the ones that really learn these things are the bull headed ones; the stubborn ones; the pugnacious ones. The people who refuse to let some wimpy machine get the best of them.

It's not the smart ones who learn best and it's not the eager ones who learn best. It's the stubborn ones. The ones who make up their mind what they want it to do and won't give up till they find a way.

The rest usually give them back after while.

What amazes me most are those who are so eager to get one of these things and then put off actually trying it for the first time and never quite get around to it. That's probably half of them. I've learned to not push. It just doesn't help.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 10:47:30 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I can show my mother how to do something and she still wants the manual. I guess she falls into that stubborn category of she is going to learn it. She wants to know how to work the gadget after I've gone home. When I gave her a KK, I downloaded the manual to her PC and her laptop. Advised her to sit there with the computer and Kindle going through the pages. Of couse now, the PDF manuals tell you very little and Amazon keeps deleting helpful Help pages.

Publishing a book about a Kindle would not be very cost effective because by the time you could get it printed it would be out of date.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 654 1 minute ago
Big thanks to Kindle for ruining my ebook experience 1311 3 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 7813 23 minutes ago
Bluetooth mouse for Kindle Fire HD? 109 54 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6739 56 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2564 58 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1582 1 hour ago
How to make a web site a favorite 28 1 hour ago
Secret new product release! 36 1 hour ago
Is it possible to resize images along with text on kindle? 3 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions