Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire game progress not saved in the cloud

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2012 6:25:26 PM PDT
dd9000 says:
Sob. Have to send my Fire back for warranty replacement. Kudos to Amazon for making it easy, but it turns out that

1. All my game progress (months, probably hundreds and hundreds of hours struggling through some of the Angry Birds levels) will be lost. Gone. Kaput.

2. Only stuff I bought/downloaded from Amazon will reappear magically on the new Fire.

3. That means other apps I've downloaded, public-domain books and music I've gotten from other sources, I will have to reload.

And, it occurs to me that the same will be true if I buy a new Fire. I won't be able to "transfer" my game progress, and I will have to manually recreate all the stuff that doesn't get stored in the Cloud.

Does anybody know if this is true of other tablets?

Better, does anybody know if there is some way I can somehow save, for ex., my game progress to my computer and then transfer it to the replacement Fire.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 6:31:26 PM PDT
Actually on the new models of the Fire they specifically say you can save game progress in the cloud. They don't say whether that applies to all games, but they sort of implied it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 3:43:07 PM PDT
JLK says:
Did you ever find a way to get your saved progress in apps? I have the exact same situation and am trying to determine if the app's save the progress in some kind of file that could be downloaded to a pc.

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 10:34:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2014 10:35:07 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 9:27:11 AM PST
Im trying to save games on kindle fire hd to transfer to my samsung galaxy tab 3 lite is there a quick n easy way to do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2015 9:35:56 AM PST
MikeJW says:
You can never transfer Fire apps or Kindle books from device to device

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:09:45 PM PDT
will there be an automatic asphalt 8: ariborne update, or will i have to uninstall it and install it again, to get the update?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2015 10:37:30 PM PDT
They say progress can be saved on Game Circle games with Whispersync. That is not going to be all games.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2015 11:04:04 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Tragic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2015 10:38:17 PM PDT
Terraria says it's on Game Circle, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I can do about it! There are no Whispersync instructions for transferring progress to new devices. I can't even find where such files are stored. Minecraft copied over to my new Kindle without trouble, but game progress for everything else seems trapped on the old device.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1347 23 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 578 7 minutes ago
will the kindle fire connect to my wireless printer? 53 7 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9735 7 minutes ago
Mr.Spock son of Serek for President 3 9 minutes ago
2015 Fire unable to see books on SD after factory reset 10 19 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2098 23 minutes ago
Internal storage maxing out when it shouldn't 83 29 minutes ago
book won't go to second device 3 39 minutes ago
another critical update? 13 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions