Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I bought a kindle with Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers deide to bring it to China

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2013 8:17:06 AM PST
Hujianbo says:
I bought a Kindle HD with Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers, but today I found the comment of "Kindle of Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers only avaliable in US", I don't know what this mean? Does this means if I bring the kindle back to China, I could not use it even in non-network mode, it will be useless just like it is locked? Could anybody help to answer my question? Thanks very much.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 8:25:56 AM PST
The Special Offers are not available outside the US. You may occasionally get a message to connect to wi-fi in order to update the Special Offers, but otherwise, it shouldn't affect anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 8:55:47 AM PST
Hujianbo says:
hi Susan, you means this will not affect anything, and I can still use the tablet fluently when I in China? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 8:56:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2013 8:58:44 AM PST
T. Cook says:
Neither Google nor Yahoo Search gives me any results with the exact statement of "Kindle of Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers only avaliable in US", and neither if I correct the spelling of Available, and still not if I take off the grammatically weird "Kindle of" from the start of the statement.
So, without knowing where you found that comment, can't say if whoever said that knew what they were talking about, or what they were refering to, but the Kindle will not be locked, just you won't receive any special offers anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 9:10:33 AM PST
Hujianbo says:
sorry for the confusion, the exactly comments is "Kindle with Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers is only available in the U.S. ". I never use Kindle HD before, and I have not get the kindle yet, so I'm a little confused. ^_^

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:01:13 AM PST
You won't be able to buy apps from Amazon, or stream movies from them, either. I hadn't noticed the "HD" in your description before, but that means that it's a Fire, not an e-ink Kindle. If it is really just "Kindle with Special Offers", then it sounds like the Basic Kindle (e-ink), which should work fine, except for the warning messages I mentioned before.

You really should buy the version without Special Offers, since you can't take advantage of them, and it is meant to be a discount for you viewing and participating in the Special Offers. It is kind of cheating to buy that one when you can't use the offers, in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 6:53:57 PM PST
Hujianbo says:
thanks very much.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions