Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

how do remove loan ended (from public library) book which still shown on the kindle tourch.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2012 7:14:34 PM PST
Kim Lee says:
try to remove the loan ended title from public . amazonesay notice, try to sell me the book.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 8:12:03 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
On the Home page, touch and hold the notice until a menu comes up. There should be a delete option.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 9:33:40 PM PST
5&10gal says:
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 10:59:29 AM PST
S. Murray says:
Is there a way to not receive these notices at all?

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 11:05:14 AM PST
You can always go to Manage Your Kindle on Amazon.com and return it there.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 11:05:58 AM PST
Zanzibar says:
If you didn't get the notice, then people would be here wanting to know why their library book disappeared with no notice. You still need to go to the MYK page and delete the book there too or the title will still show in your archives.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 3:36:18 PM PST
Maybe, but it's still an abysmal user interface. My kindle is swamped with completely useless "loan ended" items that are there just to annoy me.

Posted on May 23, 2012 9:29:46 AM PDT
OK, let's start again.

I borrow a book. It is on my device (iPad Kindle app) and the cloud. I return the book from Manage my Library. I also click Delete in Manage my Library.

I go to the Kindle app. I look at Device and see the library book. Press it and click Delete. Gone.

I look at Cloud and see the library book, still. I again click delete. Gone.

But now I have the book title with [Loan Ended] in front of it. Instead of the book Ihave a one page ad from Amazon with a link to help me go buy the book. NO THANKS! This shows up both under Device and Cloud. Under Device I can delete it "permanently", but under Cloud my only option is Download.

I want these these erroneous items Gone. Gone from my Library on http://amazon.com, gone from my Media Collection, gone from my Device, gone from the Cloud.

hellooooo, AMAZON SUPPORT? Anyone there?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 9:36:36 AM PDT
❤ Ann says:
To reach Amazon support, click the 'Help' link at the top or bottom of any Amazon site page, then press the 'Contact Us' button.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:14:38 AM PDT
A. Trevino says:
I have to delete the book from the "my kindle" book list. Otherwise it'll continue to show up in my cloud, and on my devices as "Loan Ended".

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:36:51 AM PDT
hampton says:
How do you remove the "loan ended" from the Kindle with Keyboard?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:18:06 PM PDT
After a very long time on the phone with Amazon (two diff agents, one who was clueless and hung up on me), i received the workaround. And it is a workaround for a pretty dirty bug that they should document, not to mention fix.

Once you have returned your library ebooks and deleted them from your account via Manage My Kindle, and deleted them from your Kindle app, both Cloud And Device, you will still have those placeholders with [Loan Ended] on your Cloud listing. You can't delete these. The only way to get rid of them is to Deregister your Kindle app and reRegister.

You can do this from the Settings icon on the Kindle app. deregister, delete content when prompted then re-register and re-download your books. My bookmarks were still in place.

Annoying. Works. The [Loan Ended] rubbish was finally gone.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:21:09 PM PDT
Back in the good old days we made sure that customer discussion forums were monitored by Support folks. Customers actually got answers from engineers who knew what they were talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:23:45 PM PDT
Collin Sauve says:
Some companies still do this. Alas such is not the case with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:33:37 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
You delete it the same way you delete a book - click on the left arrow or right arrow of the 5-way and choose "remove from this device" (or something like that).

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:34:54 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
You could go post your question on the Kindle Help Forum (click on Help at the top of any screen, then click on Kindle Help Community). They monitor that board more so than this one.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 4:42:20 PM PDT
Miss M says:
Back in the good old days we trudged through hail & sleet & snow to get our free, public library books...
Then we trudged back through the same dreary conditions to return them...

Nowadays it's a coupl'a clicks here to borrow, coupl'a clicks there to return...
But damn, there's that pesky loan notice making my life a living hell...

Good thing nowadays we can go whine to a bunch of complete strangers.
So comforting - don't ya think?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 5:36:41 PM PDT
uh, no. you don't. feel free to run a test.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 5:46:03 PM PDT
Uh, yes you do. I've run a test and it worked just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 6:32:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 6:42:09 AM PDT
Zanzibar says:
I have no problems getting rid of the notices from my kindle or the ebook listing on the MYK page. I don't even get the loan ended notice in the first place if I first send the book to my archives, sync and check for updates so my account knows the ebook is off of my kindle, then return the library book from my MYK page. I have a KTouch, so not all devices have problems.

Edit - Typo

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 4:58:40 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
uh,I was responding to someone who wanted to know how to delete the loan notice from a Kindle Keyboard. I have a Kindle Keyboard, this is how it works.
I do not have an Ipad so I did not address your problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 6:50:20 AM PDT
hampton says:
Thank you very much!!! I've had my Kindle for 1 1/2 years and did not realize the arrows gave additional functionality. I was able to delete all of my "loan ended" books.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 6:55:02 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I find it helpful to periodically read back through the user guide. I often find something new that I missed before.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 2:44:58 PM PDT
RichRoamer says:
Thank you! That worked perfectly.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:04:17 PM PDT
King Al says:
Uh, yes you do. I've done it at least 20 times.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2012
Latest post:  8 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions