Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can I add audio (Whispersync) to books I have already purchased?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2013 10:53:36 AM PST
skybirdsmom says:
I just read about Whispersync so I can listen or read Kindle books. I have a paperwhite; can I add this to books I have already purchased?

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 10:57:58 AM PST
With a paperwhite, no. Paperwhites have no audio capabilities. Fires, Kindle Keyboards, and Kindle Touch are the only kindles with that capability.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 11:01:54 AM PST
M. Thomas says:
You can get the whispersync books and audible books, but you will only be able to read the book on the paperwhite. But your status will update to your other kindle devices that are capable of listening to audioboks or has the kindle app for the ebooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2013 11:09:28 AM PST
You would have to purchase both the audible and Kindle books that are linked. It is not something you can add. As BratKat said, the Paperwhite does not have any audible capabilities, but you could use another device (smart phone, etc) for the audible version and then read on your Paperwhite.

All the Whispersync does is allow you to sync between two devices so the book starts at the same spot that you left off on the other device. When you are through listening/reading, you have to sync your device so that Amazon's servers know where you left off. Before you open the book on the other device, you have to sync again so the info can be downloaded from Amazon's servers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2013 12:09:16 PM PST
skybirdsmom - Go to the book's product page. In the box that tells you that you can get the companion Audible book, click on the words "professional narration". That will take you to Audible where you can buy it. If you don't have an Audible account just set one up using the same email/password that you use on Amazon and your accounts will be linked. Then follow the check out process. When you're finished the Audible book will be in your account on Amazon's servers.

On the Paperwhite, you'd need to listen to the Audible book on another device such as a Kindle with audio capabilities, another device with the Audible app downloaded onto it or an MP3 player.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2013 12:51:03 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
Yes, you can. You'll just need to use a different device to listen to the Audible books, since the Paperwhite doesn't have audio capabilities. I use the Audible app on my smartphone.

Go here for more information - http://smile.amazon.com/wsv.

Click the "Check your audio companions" link on that page to find the Audible books that go with your previous purchases.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions