Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Stuck on "Kindle Fire" start up screen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2012 5:44:13 AM PST
A. Noyes says:
My Kindle is stuck on the start up screen where is says the kindle fire logo on it. It will appear, then disappear, then reappear. It has been doing it for about 20 minutes. Already tried hard resetting it.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:23:28 AM PST
Steve-O says:
My daughter's kindle fire just started doing the same thing. Have you had a resolution to your problem?

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:38:51 AM PST
PJ says:
Hold the power button down for 30 seconds, count it out, then release. The will reboot and should work. If not then call customer support. Good luck

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:14:43 AM PST
Steve-O says:
I tried the hard reset, but to no avail. I contacted Amazon & told them the issue. Because the item was under warranty, they are sending me a new one with no questions asked. The only caveat was that the damaged device must be returned to them (prepaid by Amazon) within 30 days upon receipt of the replacement device.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:44:24 AM PDT
Pavel says:
and what if mine kindle touch is out of warranty?
it would not connect via USB and even after a restart it is stuck at start-up script.
is there any other way to reset it?
thanks for sharing!
paul

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 1:25:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2013 1:26:59 PM PDT
I Think That when your warranty goes up then it shuts down like mine....Its a good way for amazon to keep selling more kindles. MY warranty went up a week okay....And now mine screen is stuck on kindle logo... MY advice, send it back and tell them something is wrong with it before warranty runs out and also try to not download lots of apps and music, if you do delate the old apps that you dont use anymore.. If you can afford to pay 200 every year then just don't worry.....And I called kindle and all they tried to do was sell me another kindle.. Insted of fixing my problem.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2013 1:47:24 PM PDT
The Artist says:
Just how long do you think a one year warranty should last?

I've had my first Kindle for over 3 years, and my second one for 2 years. I've never had a problem with either one of them, so your little conspiracy theory about Kindles purposely breaking after the warranty is up is absurd.

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 8:27:02 AM PDT
Jessica says:
I had the same problem with my Kindle fire. I've owned it a year and a half and they can't do anything for it since it's out of warranty other than sell me another one. Mine is stuck on the Kindle fire logo. I've tried the hard reset many times, a new charger and outlet and nothing works. Very frustrating considering it wasn't used that much.

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 4:46:58 PM PST
Daisy says:
Mine is also stuck on the start up "Kindle Fire" screen. It's two years old. I read somewhere that you can use a paper clip in the little hole on the side? I wouldn't try it if it were still under warrenty, but what do I have to lose?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2014 4:51:09 PM PST
Daisy: There is no reset button in any hole in the Fire. That was only present on the very first model Kindle back in about 2007.

Try performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire. Unplug the Fire from all power sources and then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds (count them slowly) and then release. Ignore any shutdown messages. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire.

If that does not help, Use the large orange Contact Us button to the right to contact Amazon Kindle CS and talk with them about it - use the live chat or the call back feature if you can, not email. If you can't see a Contact Us button on this page, then go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html and contact CS. I advise using Live Chat or the Call Me Back feature and not email, as they will have your account details available to them immediately when you talk with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2014 2:38:24 PM PDT
gina says:
this is exactly what just happened to me.. Never used this until my son went to college and now it froze on him at the kindle fire logo and that is all they will offer me is a refurbished one which isn't much cheaper then a new one.. totally pissed right now
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
28 9 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK #78 and still going! 7268 15 seconds ago
Does the Kindle Fire have internet everywhere? 22 2 minutes ago
kindlle unlimited 12 4 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014 9 8 minutes ago
Kindle for iPhone 6 Plus 16 9 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 3026 16 minutes ago
Kindle for Mac crashes on startup in OS X 10.9.5 18 16 minutes ago
Accidentally Deleted a Book 24 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2012
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions