Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire book to Kindle KK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 8:25:30 AM PST
DaveO says:
I have a book on my Kindle Fire that I want to transfer to my KK. I transferred it using my computer, but when I open it on the KK, it says that it cannot be opened as it is registered to another owner. It does not give me an option to transfer it to my KK using the usb or wi-fi. My first kindle KK does not show up on my account. I may have registered it on another account. Is there a way to incorporate two accounts with out losing books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:27:14 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Books belong to accounts, not devices. You can't just transfer books from one device to another. You need to register your Fire to the same account as your KK and books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:40:53 AM PST
When the KK is registered to the same account as the Fire, Amazon-purchased e-books will be in the KK's archive for download. Additionally, if you want to use the USB cable to sideload it, you'll go to the Manage Your Kindle page and select Download and Transfer via Computer, then choose the KK device from the drop-down list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:42:08 AM PST
DaveO says:
I can't find the account for my KK. It was a replacement for one that malfunctioned after a few months. It was registered by Amazon before I received it. I don't know where to find it. Since I can buy books with the KK, I know it is registered. I just don't know where it is. I can find the books I have bought with the Kindle Fire HD, just not the books on the KK.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:42:08 AM PST
You will need to register the KK to the same account as the Fire and then download the book from either the "new" archive on the KK or from the Manage Your Kindle page. http://www.amazon.com/myk

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:43:56 AM PST
You may have accidentally created a second account. The best way to deal with that is to contact Kindle customer service. Click the blue Help link near the top center of this page, then click the yellow Contact Us button.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions