Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HDX Video Player Question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2013 11:28:34 AM PST
SteveC says:
Hi forum-

Just got a Kindle Fire HDX, and the video player has an annoying "feature" that when I load my own videos (which I'm doing by copying the MP4 files from my PC to the Videos directory on the tablet via USB). I can access these videos through the video App, under "Personal Videos", but the annoying thing is that if I switch out of the App and come back, it doesn't remember my place in the video, and starts from the beginning again. I haven't tried videos from Amazon yet.

Is there any way for the Video App to remember the last position in each video? Seems like a basic feature, and I honestly can't imagine why I wouldn't want it to behave that way.

I also tried a third-party app, VLC Video Pro, which solved the problem as far as remembering the position, but unfortunately the video was very blocky and the volume level was very low (even at the highest volume level), which makes me think that it doesn't have access to the hardware decoder. Are there any other third-party video apps that work properly and can take full advantage of the hardware?

Thanks in advance...

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 1:23:05 PM PST
I am having the same issue. Any luck finding a workaround? This seems like a pretty basic feature to include in the software...

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 11:19:01 AM PST
SteveC says:
I wasn't able to figure out any to to change the behavior of the default player. Seems like an obvious thing to me, so I'm surprised it doesn't always just remember the last location...

Anyway, I tried a few other third-party video player apps, and surprisingly many of them behaved the same way. Finally I found "Wondershare Player" - and app does remember the last location, so I'm using that now.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 4:55:23 PM PST
Thank you. I'm now using Wondershare, too. It does the job. Too bad it just isn't standard behavior for Kindle's video player...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions